Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 25th March 2023

edited March 2023 in General Charlton
A good first half saw Charlton drawing first blood and going into halftime with a one goal advantage, coming from a Miles Leaburn close range shot. It was clear that a second goal would be needed to see the game out, but the second half got off to a slow start as Charlton lulled Wycombe into complacency. That was until 81 minutes, when Wycombe, who were missing a couple of the premier players, waltzed freely into the box only to see a decent opportunity parried around the post by Ashley Maynard-Brewer leaping to his right. It was a stunning save, but it was in vain as Wycombe scored from the resulting corner a minute later. We just can’t seem to keep a clean sheet.

A decent game, particularly in the first half, but certainly it feels disappointing that we’ve given away all three points seeing as we were in the driver’s seat for most of the match. Blahhh!

Charlton 1 Wycombe 1

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Sums up our season in two halves.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Thanks Charlton. You cost me a decent acca today. Serves me right for not cashing out when I checked in on 80 minutes. 
  • Options
    Take our foot off the pedal 2nd half which is par for the course…..
  • Options
    Please just stop the season now. Hopefully we can use the rest of the season to start building for next. Campbell played well today, get Kanu some decent minutes. Nothing to play for so nothing to lose.

Thanks TS ! 
  • Options
    Mildly entertaining game, neither team deserved to win although their need was greater. For us, our passing was woeful at times, too much going backwards for my liking, Campbell impressed first half but faded second, Leaburn battled away well, AMB did well, the rest were a bit meh, sorry but I just don't get Morgan, a couple of worldy cross field balls but the rest of his game was awful. Dont hate him but just don't see what he brings to the table. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that was a real end of season game. Trouble is we're not even at the end of March!

All just sums up where we are. We're probably not as bad as we think but equally we are miles off a top 6 team.

Maynard-Brewer and Lraburn continue to really impress .

Fraser had an absolute stinker.

Can't wait for the next game!
  • Options
    Overall I thought that was better shame we never held on for the win but happy with our performance still some work to be done but we turned up & gave it a real go 
    Onward & upward Come On You Reds  B)
  • Options
    Far too often we have dropped points this season due to a lack of effort, that wasn't the case today,just the other problem of not having enough quality
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Overall I thought that was better shame we never held on for the win but happy with our performance still some work to be done but we turned up & gave it a real go 
    Onward & upward Come On You Reds  B)
    Still some work to be done? I hope we haven't started the work that needs to be done yet.
  • Options
    WTF are those guys doing behind Dean in the post match interview sweeping the pitch..🙄
  • Options
    Plucky little Charlton getting a great point at home from footballing giants Wycombe Wanderers. 

(Charltonland 2023)
  • Options
    Reasonable first half, disappointing second. We desperately needed so.e fresh legs to liven things up, but the paltry state of our squad means we didn't have anyone. 
  • Options
    Great, we finished 1-1 against a very average Wycombe in a game we deserved to and should have won, they were minus their most offensive players and yet we cocked it up again with a crap defensive error to gift them an equaliser.
    I think AMB may just scrape the MOM, with Leaburn close, but most impressed with Campbell, who had them chasing shadows at times, just needs to believe in himself a bit more, anyway on to next week and Shrewsbury with another blinding fixture...🙄
  • Options
    The draw was probably the fair result, considering the patchy nature of our football today. Tetchy on the pitch, not helped by the referee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC web-site report on the game. "A late Chris Forino header earned play-off-chasing Wycombe Wanderers a draw at in-form Charlton Athletic." Posted without comment.
  • Options
    WTF are those guys doing behind Dean in the post match interview sweeping the pitch..🙄
    Something to do with the pigeon poo.
  • Options
    Dog shit game between two sides that weren’t  any better than each other. 
    Truly awful for cost of the entrance fee. 
    Sorry but I can’t expect this is our natural level. 
  • Options
    We make so many unforced errors, so frustrating.
  • Options
    Moment of madness from Alfie Morgan cost us the three points the
    performance deserved today … 
    Pray tell. What moment was that?