Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How well do you rate Jes RS performances thru this season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Been a rare ray of light in a pretty dire league season (I'm not including cups, because they've been highly entertaining). I think his performances have tailed off a bit over the last few games (hence the thread I suspect), but that's probably because of a combination of him being over played and because opposition side are doubling up on him. And as a result there have been a a few occasions when he's taken a shot when he should have passed, wanting to get on the scoresheet.
    Still poses a threat, even when he's having a quiet game. Will be interesting to see how he gets on v. Cambridge.

• Options
    He's been our best player this season. With Leaburn not too far behind.
    I fear for us next season without JRS, Sess, and conceivably Leaburn leaving in the summer.
    Behave, Dobbo is head and shoulders above them both, performing week in and week out.
  • Options
    I fear for us next season without JRS, Sess, and conceivably Leaburn leaving in the summer.
    Would be interesting if a lad on loan from Palace is crowned as Charlton Athletic’s supporters player of the season 
  • Options
    Yes he can be frustrating but he is a young lad and is developing, thats why he is here in the 1st place. We should thank our lucky stars he has been here this season as without him I think we would be in a proper relegation scrap. He has scored when at times it seemed like nobody else ever would
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    No he hasn't, thats crazy talk he's far too inconsistent and at times you just don't know he's playing, but he's young and hopefully still developing. A few players are ahead of him as POTS Leaburn, Dobson, AMB, Clare, Ness....
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Definitely a huge talent. His best play is when he’s got a player to beat. If he gets the ball in space, to me, he looks like he’s not sure what to do with it. Same with goal scoring opportunities, under pressure he doesn’t have time to think and scores. Give him a chance where he has to think about it and I’m not so sure he has the confidence or composure just yet. Palace should think about sending him to a club in Germany next.The move there seemed to work for Lookman and Bellingham. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Players like JRS are not about consistency and I doubt ever will be. In youth football they can be brilliant most weeks but in men's football it a harder gig. You have longer spells when the ball doesn't come to you and tracking back may affect your attacking prowess.
    When you are the player that takes players on with skill in Rak Sakyi case or pace in CBT case mainly you are the players that risks losing the ball compared to a safe short pass from other players. 

The report from Mark Bright will say that Rak Sakyi has learnt in the mediocre 3rd tier and will be ready for a step up to the Championship next season to see if he can improve some more.
    He might not have to go on loan next season 🤞

• Options
    10 League goals now. The boy has had a good time  with us and will be missed into next season.

For goals from midfield and out wide you have to go back to Jackson, Holmes and Aribo for the quantity they got during a campaign.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's got a lot of talent but still has a lot of rough edges to smooth out. A midtable Championship loan next season should be his next step. 
    Hopefully with Palace 😁
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    He's got a lot of talent but still has a lot of rough edges to smooth out. A midtable Championship loan next season should be his next step. 
    Hopefully with Palace 😁

Honestly if Palace go down and Zaha leaves for the Middle East , I could see JRS getting games. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    10 league goals and 5 assists when he had hardly played any Men's football (under 21's mainly) other than 2 games for Palace that weren't either in the main cups or League.

WTF do Cafc fans expect; Conor Gallagher's types turning up for half a season. Just won't happen in League 1.

Its a game of opinions but I disagree with the comments of his critics.

Rak Sakyi should play in the Championship next season  (takes over from Wilf Zaha)and as I Said YESTERDAY if he doesn't have to leave Palace to achieve that, great.
  • Options
    And you’re right about me in my younger days but in the London Kent Border League on a Sunday when I wasn’t running the line I could occasionally turn it on 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. 20 year o
    ld kid first full season of men's football, Our top scorer, who also provided the highest number of assists and people are calling him a 'Show Pony' When we lose him next season he will not be easily replaced. We will replace him with a bang average L1 Journeyman with the skills and attitude of players like Payne, Morgan, Jaiysemi....I could go on. 
  • Options
    lonman said:
    Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous. 20 year o
    ld kid first full season of men's football, Our top scorer, who also provided the highest number of assists and people are calling him a 'Show Pony' When we lose him next season he will not be easily replaced. We will replace him with a bang average L1 Journeyman with the skills and attitude of players like Payne, Morgan, Jaiysemi....I could go on. 
    As a fan base we do love a consistent and hard working player. A team needs those players, but it also needs players who score and create goals, something JRS does.

He’d have been even more successful in a better team. We’ve used strikers that don’t cause problems for the opposition, never mind score goals. We don’t have a regular third CM alongside Fraser and Dobson. We’ve played a lot of different players at full back of varying ability, and I’d expect CB is an area we’ll look to improve in the summer.
  • Options
    We’d be in relegation trouble if it wasn’t for him. My POTY. 
    I don't care if he single handedly guided us to promotion, I am never giving a palace player POTY!

He has had an excellent season and looks a fantastic prospect.

Hopefully he will do really well in the championship for Palace next season. 👍
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully with Palace 😁

Honestly if Palace go down and Zaha leaves for the Middle East , I could see JRS getting games. 
    Not a chance. If they go down they’ll piss their parachute money on bringing in proven players in an attempt to go straight back up again