Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aaron Henry

Like Henry as a player but he couldn’t get down the tunnel quick enough tonight. Is he really a team player. Has to be a reason managers don’t fancy him 

Comments

• There's definitely no other threads on the lad that you could have used.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    ❤️
    Think you missed the point of the post is that he dashed straight down the tunnel. No reason for his ego and attitude. 
  • I didn't see that. Did he do much in the minutes he was on?
  • mendonca said:
    I didn't see that. Did he do much in the minutes he was on?
    Gave the ball away and won it back was all I remember. Be surprised if he's here next season. 
  • Sounds like he's using Payneas a role model!
  • Will have an Albie Morgan type career, probably worse 
  • Will have an Albie Morgan type career, probably worse 
    FWIW he's a better player technically than Albie at the same age. Also Albie has been treading water for about 3 seasons now.

Reckon Henry signs for a League 2 side next season, plays a lot and ends up back up in League 1 as a regular player, at least. (Like Wiredu)
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry is the best of the current crop of young players by far. Will play far higher than mid league one. 
  • Personally I think that lad the same age is better than him. Leaburn is it?
  • sam3110 said:
    Will have an Albie Morgan type career, probably worse 
    FWIW he's a better player technically than Albie at the same age. Also Albie has been treading water for about 3 seasons now.

Reckon Henry signs for a League 2 side next season, plays a lot and ends up back up in League 1 as a regular player, at least. (Like Wiredu)
    Better technically, but less mobile on the pitch than Albie.

He definitely needs to be playing regular 90s, I'm surprised we perhaps didn't loan him to a L2 side last summer for 6 months as at the time we didn't think we would need him.
  • kentred2 said:
    Henry is the best of the current crop of young players by far. Will play far higher than mid league one. 
    Better than Leaburn, Campbell, Ness and AMB?

I can see all four playing above L1. Not seen enough of Henry but we’ve had two managers this season and neither has given him a run in the team.

With neither Morgan or Kilkenny securing their place there’s room for Henry if he can convince Holden he deserves a run in the team.
  • I heard he won't sign a contract, so likely to move on at the end of the season.
  • Would be disappointed if we lost him , think he's got a lot of ability to develop. But we do have Adigun and Karoy Anderson coming through too. 
  • Dont think its helped his season has been so stop / start. Needed to be playing regular game time after his Wealdstone loan - Be interesting to see where he ends up, shades of Josh Wright potentially.
  • Still only 19 let's not forget 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Will have an Albie Morgan type career, probably worse 

Better technically, but less mobile on the pitch than Albie.

He definitely needs to be playing regular 90s, I'm surprised we perhaps didn't loan him to a L2 side last summer for 6 months as at the time we didn't think we would need him.
    Perhaps nobody wanted him. 
  • Still only 19 let's not forget 
    20 this year, he’s at the age he needs to start making an impact on the first team. I don’t think we’ve had many not do that until 21/22.
  • I find it hilarious that we finally have a good performance and win 4-1 away and someone still posts a dig at a young player who hasn't had much playing time or a chance to break into the team. 

Standard stuff...
    100%
  • I find it hilarious that we finally have a good performance and win 4-1 away and someone still posts a dig at a young player who hasn't had much playing time or a chance to break into the team. 

Standard stuff...
    This. Some bloody love wallowing in misery on here…so much so that even when there’s some sunshine, they search out the rain. 
  • edited March 2023
    There's a reason Kanu and Henry haven't been fast-tracked to the 1st team, but Ness and Leaburn have.

Physique and being able to hold your own.
  • For me the best outcome would be a whole season out on loan (like Rak Saki to us) at either Wimbledon, Colchester, Gillingham, Crawley, Sutton or Swindon. With Colchester being the ideal pick.
    It won’t happen, and it looks as if we are going to lose him which is a great shame for me having followed his progress for the last few years.
  • mendonca said:
    There's a reason Kanu and Henry haven't been fast-tracked to the 1st team, but Ness and Leaburn have.

Physique and being to hold your own.
    Harry Kane for example was a dud @ Spurs until he was 21... Some kids just progress faster than others
  • Scoham said:
    Still only 19 let's not forget 
    20 this year, he’s at the age he needs to start making an impact on the first team. I don’t think we’ve had many not do that until 21/22.
    How old were and how many games had Parker and KAG played before they established themselves?  

Gomez, Bowyer, Shelvey are more the exceptions than the rule.  Not many teenagers, at any level, become first team regulars.  On merit.
  • mendonca said:
    I didn't see that. Did he do much in the minutes he was on?
    He attempted a couple of through balls that were cut out. I would prefer he gave the ball away trying to create in the opposition third than us ducking around with it in our own half