Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Her Game Too & Medway Town Pinx (Today's game)

I don't know if any of you either at the ground or watching the stream today noticed that today's game was linked to Her Game Too.

My girls from Medway Town Pinx gave the team a guard of honour as they came out today.

I know that a lot of guys aren't really interested in women's football, but whilst my girls all play (U11), this is as much about their right to watch, attend, be present, and not have to listen to sexist songs, or derogatory comments.

I heard it in a bar watching the England Euro final. I heard the old "Oh South London" today.  Hopefully events like today can raise some awareness and this post reaches maybe a few more people that don't really understand the impact that songs like that can still have when it comes to creating a truely welcome environment at Charlton or at any football scenario.

We're incredibly proud of our association and partnership with HGT, and it's great to see that Charlton were willing to get involved in this.

Comments

• Options
    In the circumstances I thought it would have been apposite if the club could have come up with a bit of positive discrimination and had a female winner of the draw to partake of the Crossbar Challenge. 

Alas not. As far as I can recall, the only occasions that a female has drawn the prize, they have nominated a male to actually take the kick. Come on Ladies, step up to the plate.
  • Options
    cant say im interested in the female game but that because of a loss of interest in football itself tbh. what i will say is these a fantastic set of photos :)
  • Options
    cant say im interested in the female game but that because of a loss of interest in football itself tbh. what i will say is these a fantastic set of photos :)
    Sadly I think you've totally missed the point of what the Her Game Too initiative seeks to achieve. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I watched 20 mins the other Sunday at my sons club , Buckhurst Hill FC , it was an u15 girls game and the standard was a lot better than what I expected , I’m another with close to zero interest in it but that’s the same with non league football as well.
    Some decent players and I really enjoyed it and will watch a bit more when I’m waiting in between matches for my sons .
    The girls played hard and fair,  of course there was a small bit of moaning at the ref but not at the ridiculous level that I see throughout my sons teams u18 , u13 and u11 .
    my 3 sisters are all Addicks and have been season ticket holders pre kids , although moons ago 2 would have had Liverpool as no.1 their team and my nieces all get down The Valley a few times a season , language isn’t a problem cos their uncle has Tourette’s.
    good on the Medway posse we gave them a big clap before the important matter of pigeon watching took the agenda 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    This is a fantastic initiative.

We’ve come a long way from ‘Miss Charlton’ (thank god).

Well done all involved.
    The photos are fabulous, what a day they must have had.
    Brilliant 🤩♥️