Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pigeons

Are pigeons revelling in our demise?

I don’t remember them being mob handed in the glamour days. Now there are dozens of them every game.

Am I right that it’s only in League One, when we are shite, they seem to turn out in numbers????

Flying vermin  

Comments

• Be more pigeons than fans soon!
  • All hail @woolwichpigeon on Twitter.
  • It felt like a bit of a new low in it's own way. Facing into an all but empty Jimmy Seed stand with clusters of pigeons in view feeding off that awful looking pitch.

It used to feel like we were a Championship club in League One, now it feels like we're a below average League One club in all departments.
  • Did you notice AMB duck as a flock of pigeons flew at him!
  • Presumably there’s seed down to improve the very poor service. 
  • Chizz said:

Hope that's not one of our attackers as they will miss
  • Sponsored links:

• Are pigeons revelling in our demise?

I don’t remember them being mob handed in the glamour days. Now there are dozens of them every game.

Am I right that it’s only in League One, when we are shite, they seem to turn out in numbers????

Flying vermin  
    it’s a consequence of the Pet Membership scheme we had. 
  • I thought they did well, good formation, plenty of movement around the pitch, the boys did us proud.

• Flying vermin  

• It's not about your Vo....oh sod it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    seth plum said:
    The pigeons were great in their flights and swirl and landings and their companionship with each other.
    Had this gentleman giving a running commentary on the pigeons for 90 minutes behind me. Was better than the match tbf
    Was he giving them the bird?
  • Leuth said:
    seth plum said:
    The pigeons were great in their flights and swirl and landings and their companionship with each other.
    Had this gentleman giving a running commentary on the pigeons for 90 minutes behind me. Was better than the match tbf
    I have a confession of utter shame though.
    When Sessegnon got the ball and looked hopefully at their goal I said (loudly) 'not from there!!!', it then flew in from 35 yards.
  • Leuth said:
    seth plum said:
    There was no one in front of me but my family complained that I was more interested in the pigeons than the game .
    I thought it was brilliant the way they dive bombed down then put the anchors on , had a chat in the bog with a random and he said that was all he was watching .
    The pigeons were a definite highlight of the match .
  • Last week when we were away they turned up mob handed , not gonna be long now before they take the Covered End on match day , they’re really taking liberties on our own patch and we’re so pathetic there’s nothing we can do .
    ‘I’m joining the pigeon crew , I learned how to do pigeon steps when I was a kid , so knew that this time was coming .
    All hail 🙌the pigeons 🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦 🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦 🐦🐦🐦🐦 🐦🐦

• They’re actually really distracting.

But then again, that match was the dullest I can recall down The Valley in years.
  • I've got a pigeon trap and neck dislocator
  • I don’t remember there being so many in years past. Is it something to do with the way the pitch is being prepared nowadays that’s encouraging the pigeons?
  • This chap works for London Falconry and could solve the problem, but he don't work for peanuts.

• edited March 2023
    I don’t remember there being so many in years past. Is it something to do with the way the pitch is being prepared nowadays that’s encouraging the pigeons?
    Didnt they used to pay for a bloke to come round every so often with hawks or something? When I was a "Valley Volunteer" they certainly had one.

Anyroad.... "They put 50 tonne of shit on the foreign office roof, who suffers from nine known deceases.... etc"

• I remember sitting in the covered end and just after half time in every home match this solo pigeon used to do an aerial display then dive down into the drinks and food hall. Got to the stage where the whole of the upper stand used to increase the volume a bit like when the oppo goalkeeper went to take a goal kick and then cheered when it went down the opening. I often wondered what the players thought was going on. Perhaps a question for Curbs on Charlton TV?