Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

HOLDEN TAKES SQUAD TO WOOLWICH BARRACKS

Dean Holden recently took his squad on a trip to the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich.

The Addicks completed a series of mental and physical exercises designed to build togetherness and leadership.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/holden-takes-squad-woolwich-barracks

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/gallery-addicks-visit-woolwich-barracks

Comments

• Mmmmm……interesting.
  • Good pics 
  • 'Back in pre season ' ,   hopefully with our new recruits.
  • edited March 2023
    sam3110 said:
    I heard he put them in front of a firing squad.

Problem was it was made up of all our ex strikers so no-one got hit

Don't think you needed "ex" in there

*Edit*...sorry Sam I reread and misunderstood you..ignore me !
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe they went for a few beers on Tuesday evening in a Canary Wharf - I’m led to believe there was an army-related involvement in that so it’s possible this was this earlier this week.  
  • Not the first manager of Charlton to have done this.
    Remember Eddie Firmani taking the whole squad along to Woolwich Barracks in 1969.
  • Not the first manager of Charlton to have done this.
    Remember Eddie Firmani taking the whole squad along to Woolwich Barracks in 1969.
    Lennie took the boys down to Devon back in 1986 with the Royal Marines as part of the pre season trip 
  • Love this 🤩
  • I suppose it makes a change for the supporters doing the barracking
  • So instead of the usual group huddle can we expect a quick set of press ups?
  • Sponsored links:

• Good stuff this - that room they are sat in listening to the Commander - what a fantastic room
  • stonemuse said:
    One intriguing comment during Holden’s interview - “we are definitely planning to come back pre-season for a couple of days.  Already spoken to the guys here about it”. 

He certainly plans to still be with us! 
    It's not up to him though. Sandgaard might not give him another contract or if there are new owners they might not either.

So 33% chance he'll be here come July. 
  • Maybe they'll get to have a go on the horses next time.  :)

I was on the top deck, front seat of a bus on Shooters Hill once when about a hundred horses of the King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery came from the opposite direction.  There were gun carriages, solo riders, horses with no riders (like photo).  They weren't hanging about either.  What a sight! I was so mesmerised I didn't think to photograph it.  Mind you it was over in a moment. 

• I hope the Army also taught our players how to score a goal.
  • That’s one of the big things I miss about London.
    Loved witnessing the troops doing their thing.

I wonder what the Irish lads thought about it though, in all seriousness 🤔
  • edited March 2023
    I hope the Army also taught our players how to score a goal.
    and shoot?
  • Bilko said:
    I wonder how long Chuks would have lasted on one of the drills? 😀
    I understand he was carrying out the Private Godfrey role and acting as the First Aid man.
  • We're dooooomed
  • edited March 2023

You’ll never hit the goal if you’re aiming up there Private Bonne!!!