Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall Of Fame 2023

2»

Comments

• Options
    Duffy
    kinsey
    Jensen
    Claus gets my vote as he was a bit special
  • Options

Not a bad squad to pick from
  • Options
    2013 - just need Peacock to keep his nose clean to avoid a hattrick...
  • Options
    Yann must be a shoe-in, no?
  • Options
    He was on the ballot last year and didn't win so wouldn't be so sure.
  • Options
    Actually he has been on the ballot in each of the last two years and came second both times.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was interested to learn more about Chris Duffy having seen him play at least once - so I consulted my excellent Valiant 1000.  He was a little man, a little over 5’5” and weighing just 10st 7lb.  In the first FA Cup campaign after the war he played in a total of 10 FA Cup Ties and scored 10 goals, the most by a Charlton player in a single season in that competition.  In the 2-0 win over Bolton Wanderers he scored both goals and his second strike came after he had dribbled round five defenders and was described by Manager Jimmy Seed as the best he had ever seen.  The final against Derby was a disappointment but he scored the winning goal a year later.
    Wouldn't it be great to be able to see those goals now?  

First goal was a bit of a tap in... (2m 48s)

https://youtu.be/ObYP_NU_e08?t=168 

Second goal was a bit Ricky Villa... (3m)

https://youtu.be/Os5juoDWlEo?t=180 
  • Options
    Duffy
    Warman
    Holland 

for me 
  • Options
    from 1951 on all 6 candidates deserve to win
    To be fair, so do those from before 1951.
    I've learnt some new stuff here
  • Options
    Actually he has been on the ballot in each of the last two years and came second both times.
    If he doesn’t get in this year is it a three strikes and out situation?  If so that would be a tragedy. Vote Yann!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoever comes second in each category is carried forward to the next year and is then up against two different people
  • Options
    Would honestly have all three of the modern day players.  Have gone for Yann this time, but Matty & Claus obviously performed at the top level for us.  I only saw Nicky & Phil from the middle group and plumped for Phil this time.  Just always remember him and Bob Curtis as our full backs when my da first started taking me.  
  • Options
    Get your votes in.
  • Options
    Great stuff Chizz thanks for posting those
  • Options
    Duffy
    Kinsey
    Jensen
  • Options
    Duffy
    Kinsey
    Yann

I really liked Nicky Johns but plumped for Kinsey, as he was a great servant to the club over 15 years and one of the last, long term 'one club men', like Keith Peacock.
  • Options
    We have an interesting voting pattern this year. One category is showing all three candidates neck and neck. Don't forget to cast your vote.
  • Options
    Nine days left to get your vote in. Time to make up your mind
  • Options
    Last few days to vote. It closes on 2nd April
  • Options
    Last chance to vote. The deadline is 7.00 pm on Sunday 2nd April.  https://surveyhero.com/c/cwkqz3gf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are players who are nominated but not voted in ineligible to be nominated again for x number of years?
  • Options
    The winner is elected into the Hall of Fame. Second place is carried over to the following year and third place is dropped out for the immediate future. No set time limit on when they can be re-nominated, but with 962 players to choose from, there are plenty of other legendary names that are deserving of inclusion. Do not forget to cast your vote today and then let us have some suggestions for next year.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who voted. The winners will be announced at the Player of the Year Dinner on 30th April and their names added to the Honours Board which can be viewed at the Charlton Athletic Museum. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Chris Duffy was victorious in the pre-1950 category with a mammoth 84% of the vote. Jack Horton was the runner-up for the second year running.

The 1951-85 winner was Nicky Johns, who claimed 45% of the vote, and second was Brian Kinsey.

Yann Kermorgant, at the third attempt, was the post-1986 winner with 37%, with Matt Holland in second place.

The runners up in each group automatically go back on the ballot next year.

Suggestions for each of the categories for next year's vote to @killerjerrylee
  • Options
    Chris Duffy, Nicky Johns and, at the third attempt, Yann Kermongant join the hall of fame.

Excellent choices and also my own. What do I win? 
  • Options
    Chris Duffy, Nicky Johns and, at the third attempt, Yann Kermongant join the hall of fame.

The warm feeling of being in tune with the masses
  • Options

The warm feeling of being in tune with the masses
    Thank gawd for that then, I thought that warm feeling was something else for a moment.