Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Freddie will always be remembered as one of the team that beat Huddersfield 7--6.Very good team player.
    Also played cricket for Kent alongside Leary and Ufton when footballers got a reduced wage in the summer. 
  • Options
    Saw a lot of Freddie Lucas - valued by supporters for his tireless running , and general all round quality of his play . Leary and Ufton might have been exceptional, but their success was built upon teamwork , and the hard work of those around them.
  • Options
    I remember him as the chap who replaced anyone who was injured. I seem to remember a game that he dislocated his shoulder or broke his collar bone. My father always thought he gave 100%.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Yes….Freddie wasn’t always first on the team sheet but was nevertheless a very well thought of member of the squad and never let the side down, he actually played quite a lot, as if anyone was injured he normally filled in, at least that was certainly the case in 58 when I first started going to The Valley.
    He was certainly a grafter and scored his fair share of goals and all in all was well thought of.
    I remember meeting him in one of the lounges some years back and having a pleasant chat with him.