Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Plymouth Argyle V Charlton Athletic ; Saturday 4th March 2023 ; KO 3.00 Pm

Gavin Kilkenny returns to the starting XI for today's game as Dean Holden makes one change.

The Irishman comes in for Scott Fraser who hasn't travelled with the squad owing to a hip issue

Lucas Ness, Ryan Inniss and Michael Hector form an unchanged back three in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer, with Sean Clare and Steven Sessegnon operating as wing-backs.

Kilkenny joins skipper George Dobson and Jack Payne in midfield, behind Jes Rak-Sakyi and Macauley Bonne.

Thomas and Kanu are joined on the bench by Joe Wollacott, Aaron Henry, Albie Morgan, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Miles Leaburn.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Ness, Inniss, Hector; Clare, Dobson (c), Kilkenny, Sessegnon; Payne; Rak-Sakyi, Bonne

Subs: Wollacott, Thomas, Henry, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor, Leaburn, Kanu

Looking forward to this one be nice to do the double over them, although a much changed Plymouth lately, and will be a stern test...

Comments

• That midfield is on paper better balanced than the one with Fraser, with 2 battlers and Payne free to get forward 
  • Hopefully that and nothing else explains Fraser's recent nosedive
  • FT - Plymouth ? Charlton 0

• That midfield is on paper better balanced than the one with Fraser, with 2 battlers and Payne free to get forward 
    A fit Fraser improves us in place of either Payne or Kilkenny. It's been clear he's had an issue of late - resolve it and get him back in.

Why do we force players who aren't fully fit to play, though? What the hell is wrong with us 
  • Bloody ATV on again, thank goodness for the mute button..it is your friend!!
  • I said I prefer Kanu on bench rather than Penney, I can be right sometimes 👍
  • edited March 2023
    Don't like the 352. Puts our best player and top scorer out of position. 
  • edited March 2023
    Dobson plus two small lightweight people who run around a lot, in midfield. 
  • Ness plus two large people who hardly run at all  in defence. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh good wing backs again, it's served us so well. 
  • edited March 2023
    Love to see Leaburn and Kanu together at some time, can't see it happening, but they do work well together
  • Thanks @eastterrace6168. Have to admit I'm not feeling that optimistic right now.
  • Midfield looks light even though Fraser has been poor last few games, maybe he's been playing through that injury as that would explain his performances. I think Payne played well enough against Posh to deserve a start, the back three weren't troubled on Tuesday, not sure if that's a reflection on Peterborough's performance, the problem is where it has been all season, up front. 
  • Surely Holden will get fired by Thomas for playing 3-5-2 .....
  • Lets face it, its a dreadfully weak lineup
  • According to DH interview  on Charlton TV earlier, Fraser has been injured for the last few games, nothing serious but his hip is hurting. Hoping that a week off will help him recover.
  • Good catch up with Andy Petterson on CATV,and living the life in Bali...10.30 at night and it is 26 deg... :)
  • According to DH interview  on Charlton TV earlier, Fraser has been injured for the last few games, nothing serious but his hip is hurting. Hoping that a week off will help him recover.
    Playing him was a fucking brilliant idea then! Christ almighty 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laughing at Andy Petterson describing Browny as having "a keeper's build"
  • I don't like that Holden has clearly been itching to go back to 352 just as soon as Palace can't do anything about it anymore. We have one good player, he's a winger. Let's stick him up front and play more of our un-threatening players around him. Bleurgh
  • Let's hope Kilkenny can show something to make us sit up.
  • Southbank said:
    Lets face it, its a dreadfully weak lineup
    Injuries starting to bite 

Now I wonder who it was that said they wanted a slimmed down squad & sold/loaned out players when they could now be involved 🤔.

No sympathy for Holden. 
  • I don't like that Holden has clearly been itching to go back to 352 just as soon as Palace can't do anything about it anymore. We have one good player, he's a winger. Let's stick him up front and play more of our un-threatening players around him. Bleurgh
    I prefer to think of it as him not being able to countenance not picking any of Ness, Hector or Inniss, his beloveds
  • Good interview with Lucas Ness, sounds very confident lad, imo looking at Player of the Year, could certainly be a strong contender come the end of the season... 
  • Usually it's not until about 3.20 that my optimism has waned. I am not confident at all at the moment. Surprise me Charlton 
  • What am I missing? Why start Bonne and not Leaburn? If he gets fatigued then swap ‘em.
  • Commmmmmmmmmmmon  yoo Aaaaaaaaddicks!

Worn out now. Good luck fellow sufferers.
  • only reason i can see as to why bonne starts is maybe holden is saying to bonne you have a few more games to try and impress / earn a contract for next season show me what you have got 

we all know he is not good enough but we also know unless someone comes in for leaburn he will still be here 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!