Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for youngsters

Don't get why bring Aaron Henry for the last couple of mins, I would give fraser a rest and give Henry a few games to see how he does , also mitchell elewere Campbell Kanu should be given games now 

Comments

• Options
    I agree season over all be it we need a couple of wins to pretty much gaurantee safety so why not experiment 
  • Options
    The younger players are just as likely to get the points needed for safety as the current bunch. 
  • Options
    They would definitely give 100% ,& we would soon find out who would make the grade in the side going forward into next season 
  • Options
    You don't have to start them either, just have them on the bench and give them appropriate minutes near the end of each game.
  • Options
    Peacock63 said:
    Don't get why bring Aaron Henry for the last couple of mins, I would give fraser a rest and give Henry a few games to see how he does , also mitchell elewere Campbell Kanu should be given games now 
    Agree about Henry and Campbell. However,I saw the 21 game yesterday and physically the other three mentioned are not ready. Maybe sub cameos is the way here.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind seeing a few around the squad and given 20-25 at the end of games. Maybe look to start Henry once he's got a new contract agreed? 
  • Options
    Not so sure... Only have to look recently at the performances by Chin, and reaction on here - Its great for those who can instantly prove they're good enough.

Less so for those who arent there yet / at all
  • Options
    100%, they would give more effort than some of the light weight senior players and it’s a perfect time to blood them sitting in mid table 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I think we need a coulple more wins and they have to be introduced carefully still. Not for our sake, but theirs. But we do need to give a few a chance and take it from there based on what they do with the chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing a few around the squad and given 20-25 at the end of games. Maybe look to start Henry once he's got a new contract agreed? 
    Hopefully he's one of the youngsters to have been offered a new deal that Holden mentioned recently.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully he's one of the youngsters to have been offered a new deal that Holden mentioned recently.

This is what I would expect, him and AMB for sure but no idea on who the third could be? 
  • Options
    Once safe from relegation.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

This is what I would expect, him and AMB for sure but no idea on who the third could be? 
    Leaburn? - He cant be on much, as hasnt signed a new deal since breaking through.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Leaburn? - He cant be on much, as hasnt signed a new deal since breaking through.

Could be a new deal for Miles , could be Mitchell? 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I've seen Henry play for the first team (includes Papa) on @6 occasions and he hides, is slow, poor control etc.
    He did score an excellent goal v QPR. 

Kanu looks too lightweight. 

Elewere has gone backwards. 

Mitchell & Campbell maybe, although the centre halves are playing well & were our better players last night. 
  • Options
    I've seen Henry play for the first team (includes Papa) on @6 occasions and he hides, is slow, poor control etc.
    He did score an excellent goal QPR. 

Mitchell & Campbell maybe, although the centre halves are playing well & were our better players last night. 
    He wasn't on for long last night so maybe harsh to say but Henry was really slow on the ball, seemed to be lacking any awareness. 
  • Options
    Can’t remember his name but watched the under 21 away at cardiff yesterday and whoever the right foward who came on in the 2nd half was looked absolutely mustard 
  • Options
    Campbell deserves a run in the team 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Can’t remember his name but watched the under 21 away at cardiff yesterday and whoever the right foward who came on in the 2nd half was looked absolutely mustard 
    Think that was Rylah but he is U18 so very young.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope their introduction is managed carefully. Personally, I'd rather see them get their chances in a confident, winning team. But I guess it is what it is, and beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    I opened this thread with caution, hoping it wasn't a thread about a 1970's bbc party 
  • Options
    Now then, now then.

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'm sure Henry has been offered a new deal, but that doesn't mean will sign it.
    Talal said:
    He did score an excellent goal QPR. 

He wasn't on for long last night so maybe harsh to say but Henry was really slow on the ball, seemed to be lacking any awareness. 
    Agreed. It was an interesting choice to bring him on to replace Dobson, rather than the more experience Morgan and Kilkenny.
  • Options
    All for kids getting a chance but we need to get another couple of wins first to ensure the season really is over then introduce slowly.

AMB, Ness and Leaburn are pretty much mainstays already and you don't want to flood the team too much.  Campbell, Henry and Chin are getting game time which could be upped slowly and then maybe give Kanu, Elerwere, Adigun, Mitchell, Bower, Casey, Rylah, Ladapo a few minutes subject to how physically ready they are and their contract positions (there may be others I have missed).
  • Options
    interesting dichotomy on here compared with the Chuks thread - people on here all in on letting our high earners sit on the bench/out of the team each week doing nothing for forunes, but at the same time wanting us to pay up Chuks contract and cut him loose... 

not saying if it's right or wrong but it's interesting.
  • Options
    Toby Bower is one that seems to crop up a lot , no idea if he's ready to be involved yet but he could be worth a look with no proper left backs on the books for next season. 
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more, chances of us going up or down are unlikely, it would be the best time to blood the future of charlton, a run of games for the likes of chin, kanu, Henry etc I think is our way forward. Tired of watching 1/7 performances from people like CBT for example. Id rather we switch to a 4-1-2-1-2 which worked so well for us during bowyer 18/19 season, its not like our wingers are doing that much, well apart from Jes and we have depth in the middle of the park. 

Surely using Fraser as a number 10 like he was at mk dons when he was so effective would make more sense?
  • Options
    If we are going to experiment then I would drop Fraser for Henry for half a dozen matches.
  • Options
    Campbell should be in with a shout, after losing Kirk and DJ it’s not a position we’re strong in. Henry replacing Fraser doesn’t make much sense, hardly like for like.