Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez current value?

I think there’s a distinct possibility Joe will be leaving Liverpool in the summer.
I wonder what we think his market value would be and also what sum we stand to benefit from such a transfer?

Comments

• Options
    nowhere near what he would be if he had remained injury free. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Not as much as you think. 

Don't think anyone would commit to a big fee for him to be a starting centre back when he is as injured as often as he is. 
  • Options

Don't think anyone would commit to a big fee for him to be a starting centre back when he is as injured as often as he is. 
    yeah he's a gamble. A great one if he remains injury free, but a gamble none-the-less which will drive his value down
  • Options
    I think the sell on clause was 20%. £25 million maybe.
  • Options

yeah he's a gamble. A great one if he remains injury free, but a gamble none-the-less which will drive his value down
    Doesn't help that it looks like he's regressed since a few years ago. 
  • Options

Doesn't help that it looks like he's regressed since a few years ago. 
    Yes most definitely……very sad to see his mistakes last night, which resulted in two of Real Madrid’s goals!
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool only got around 15 for him. He's really regressed, whenever I watch him he looks as though he's going to make mistakes. 
  • Options
    Macmanaman really had it in for him last night but sadly he did look off the pace. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He could have done better for 4/5 of those goals, and not playing well in recent PL matches if my memory serves me well.
    However valuations in PL are in millions so any small % of that is free money for us. Be grateful for small mercies
  • Options
    Madness that despite his injury record they gave him a new 5 year contract just last summer.
  • Options
    Not the player he was  , but around 30 million is what he'll go for .

• Options
    Such a fantastic player…..coolness personified but his form this season has without question fallen short of those expected by a team such as Liverpool……such narrow margins. 😞
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    I think the sell on clause was 20%. £25 million maybe.
    Nowhere near £25m IMHO, given the injury issues and poor form - I know he's relatively young for a CB but then clubs might be wary over his longevity given his history.
  • Options
    Madness that despite his injury record they gave him a new 5 year contract just last summer.
    Wow really……..well I didn’t know that!
  • Options
    Getting pelters on the Liverpool FB group, shame it seems the injuries have really messed with his confidence.
  • Options
    Wow really……..well I didn’t know that!
    Neither did I that does surprise me.

• Options
    Could see him at a club like Villa or Palace, operating at a similar level to Tyrone Mings. 

This will sound very controversial - but I personally never thought he was anywhere near as good as a lot of people made out. 
  • Options
    Signed a new contract fairly recently, which I thought was strange as he should be asking to leave them. He’s a scapegoat there, while VVD can do wrong. Seems to be getting the blame for last night when most of the goals are on the keeper flapping. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed a new contract fairly recently, which I thought was strange as he should be asking to leave them. He’s a scapegoat there, while VVD can do wrong. Seems to be getting the blame for last night when most of the goals are on the keeper flapping. 
    Joe made an unnecessary tackle and gave away a needless free kick as well as playing a forward onside for another goal….as I say…….narrow margins but at that level unacceptable and in the event absolutely critical. 😟
  • Options
    I'm not sure his decline can be directly put down to his injuries, as his mistakes aren't because he's lost a yard of pace. 
  • Options
    Getting pelters on the Liverpool FB group, shame it seems the injuries have really messed with his confidence.
    Same when it comes to all mega clubs though. Wonder how many of them have even stepped inside Anfield more than once?
  • Options
    If a club can pay £17m for Jordan Ibe. You'd think he'd still fetch £20-25m
  • Options
    Players within the top divisions and playing for the top teams still go for ridiculously inflated values, particularly those on long term contracts. If he does go this summer, I reckon it will be for £25-30m, so a prospective £5-6M windfall. That said, I thought Pope was worth more than what he went for. Didn’t help with that Burnley were the relegated team selling him.

BTW, looking back at Pope’s career, I thought we played him more and had forgotten how frequently he was loaned out. A proper waste, which thankfully we do not appear to be repeating atm, in utilising AMB.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Same when it comes to all mega clubs though. Wonder how many of them have even stepped inside Anfield more than once?
    Very true, I only saw it because I'm friends with my wife's cousin, he made a comment so I just had a quick read of the thread....to be fair he goes fairly often.
  • Options
    I'm not sure his decline can be directly put down to his injuries, as his mistakes aren't because he's lost a yard of pace. 
    They’re all culpable. Trent cost them the Champion’s League final with his positioning and complete lack of defensive intelligence. 
  • Options
    Players within the top divisions and playing for the top teams still go for ridiculously inflated values, particularly those on long term contracts. If he does go this summer, I reckon it will be for £25-30m, so a prospective £5-6M windfall. That said, I thought Pope was worth more than what he went for. Didn’t help with that Burnley were the relegated team selling him.

BTW, looking back at Pope’s career, I thought we played him more and had forgotten how frequently he was loaned out. A proper waste, which thankfully we do not appear to be repeating atm, in utilising AMB.
    Pope was young and experienced when he was loaned out. He became our number 1 at the right time, and even then was still raw.
  • Options
    Nowhere near what it was 2 or 3 seasons ago when he was starting in the backline with VVD every game and starting for England too