Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lilt

Coca cola have gotten rid of one of our national drinks, Lilt. They will re brand it as Fanta Pineapple and Grapefruit. *The Outrage*

You might say "really?! does this need its own thread?!"  Yes I believe so.

I know some might think that we should take to the streets because of energy companies making obscene profits whilst people worry about how to heat their homes or that sections of our police force don't seem to be answerable to anyone or the threat of Russian aggression amidst a war in Europe that could end up destroying us all might be more important but when the corporations stop you from having that totally tropical taste i think now is the time.
The line has been crossed. Man the barricades. 

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Lilt is my go-to fizzy drink if I ever do dabble. Saw this in the news and it seems it's been in the pipeine for a while. They changed the font of the name to bring it in line with the rest of the Fanta branding.

Thankfully the ingredients/taste won't change.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Where will we get our totally tropical taste? 
    A can of Rio
  • Options
    Hate the artificial taste of Lilt. Why anyone would drink most fizzy drinks other than quality Cola is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Hate the artificial taste of Lilt. Why anyone would drink most fizzy drinks other than quality Cola is beyond me. 
    Lilt has half the amount of sugar than Coca-Cola.

Cola is rank. Have never liked it. Very rarely drink fizzy drinks but if I do it's either Lilt or R Whites/Schweppes lemonade.
  • Options
    Had my first regular coca cola in years recently, had forgotten the amount of sugar in them. Never used to think anything of it but with all the zero sugar drinks about it was really noticeable and off putting. 
  • Options

Cola is rank. Have never liked it. Very rarely drink fizzy drinks but if I do it's either Lilt or R Whites/Schweppes lemonade.
    It’s not the sugar it’s the artificial taste I can’t stand. I’d include both of those lemonades too 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

It’s not the sugar it’s the artificial taste I can’t stand. I’d include both of those lemonades too 
    I think that decribes pretty much every standard fizzy drink, though. One of the main reasons I rarely drink them. They're all artificial in taste and very claggy on the palete. Only really get involved if I'm hanging and in a cafe. Cuts nicely through the fatty food, along with a stewed tea  :)
  • Options
    Sounds gorgeous. You cant beet a bit of good old "Guar Gum" in your diet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aspartame is one of the most tested food products. It's just a sweetener and it's safe. the acesulfame K however might be bit dodgy. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Which is slightly less worse than high fructose corn syrup that is used in Coca-Cola.......allegedly  :)

EDiT: Although, having checked, in the UK it is just pure sugar they use. Yum.
  • Options

Which is slightly less worse than high fructose corn syrup that is used in Coca-Cola.......allegedly  :)
    High fructose corn syrup isn't used here, but it is used in pretty much all US produced full sugar drinks instead of normal sugar or glucose.

It leaves a bitter aftertaste and is far harder for the body to process, but it is super cheap.

One of the theories about the whole "new coke" fiasco in the 80s was that it was deliberate and used to hide the switch from sugar to HFCS
  • Options
    edited February 2023

High fructose corn syrup isn't used here, but it is used in pretty much all US produced full sugar drinks instead of normal sugar or glucose.

It leaves a bitter aftertaste and is far harder for the body to process, but it is super cheap.

One of the theories about the whole "new coke" fiasco in the 80s was that it was deliberate and used to hide the switch from sugar to HFCS
    Yeah, I edited my post after edumacating myself further thanks to Google  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Off_it said:
    Sounds gorgeous. You cant beet a bit of good old "Guar Gum" in your diet.
    Guar Gum is 100% vegan so is obviously, like, amazing  :|
  • Options
    well to be fair U.S.A, South Africa and Israel are a bit more tropical than lets say.. Downham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Had my first regular coca cola in years recently, had forgotten the amount of sugar in them. Never used to think anything of it but with all the zero sugar drinks about it was really noticeable and off putting. 
    Have only drunk Diet Coke since becoming diabetic 40 years ago. Very rarely, I’ll drink full fat if I need to give my sugar levels a boost and it tastes disgusting to me. I don’t like Coke Zero either as it tastes more like the real thing. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Talal said:
    Have only drunk Diet Coke since becoming diabetic 40 years ago. Very rarely, I’ll drink full fat if I need to give my sugar levels a boost and it tastes disgusting to me. I don’t like Coke Zero either as it tastes more like the real thing. 
    Pepsi Max my go to 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    While all (most?) pineapple is grown within the tropics of cancer and capricorn, grapefruit most certainly isn't. Mostly hailing from the USA, Israel, South Africa and other citrus-growing countries.
    It is, therefore, an outright lie that Lilt provides a "totally tropical taste". The manufacturers should be prosecuted.
    But it tastes like it is from the tropics not that it is made in the tropics…
  • Options
    It's the most fun I have with my clothes on
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I normally disguise the artificial taste of coke with Jack Daniels.
    Why destroy Jack Daniels with coke.
  • Options

Love R Whites lemonade. Drink far too much of it if I am honest.
    Been trying to give it up, but it is my go to drink most nights.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    While all (most?) pineapple is grown within the tropics of cancer and capricorn, grapefruit most certainly isn't. Mostly hailing from the USA, Israel, South Africa and other citrus-growing countries.
    It is, therefore, an outright lie that Lilt provides a "totally tropical taste". The manufacturers should be prosecuted.
    The tropic of Capricorn passes right through South Africa, so if only South African grapefruit are used then they have a point.

Fever Tree Cola is the only one I've found that doesn't either fill you with chemicals/vast quantities of sugar and make you feel thirstier for having drunk it.
  • Options
    The wife caught me the other night.