Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is your favorite Charlton club captain, that you have seen play and why?

Mine has to be Kinsella, what a guy.

Wembley 98 and lifting the Championship trophy happy days  :)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Mark Kinsella, for similar reasons...

He basically set the Gold Standards in Leadership for any Charlton skipper to follow in his foot steps

Johnnie Jackson, and maybe George Dobson are the only two that come remotely close since
  • Options
    Jacko, as to me he was more vocal and involved off the pitch than Kinsella
  • Options
    Peter Shirtliff. The ultimate hero. Roy of The Rovers stuff. One of the most amazing comebacks in football history. And I don't say that just because I was playing 😉

Shirtliff, what a great captain. Love that match report :)
  • Options
    Kinsella is unrivalled, but the next best in my time was Webbo. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Definitely Kins, a real captain who received lots of respect
  • Options
    Kins for me
  • Options
    Kin, Kin, Kin-sellah
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s easily Kinsella 
  • Options
    Kinsella followed by peacock 
  • Options
    Kinsella all day long. End of thread.
  • Options
    Kinsella and Matty Holland. Both professional, hardworking, eye for goal. 

So much better than what we have.
  • Options
    Kinsella was great, but Johnnie Jackson seemed to have more personality off the pitch, so I’ll go for him. 
  • Options
    Shirtliff and Kinsella for me.
  • Options
    Peter Shirtliff. The ultimate hero. Roy of The Rovers stuff. One of the most amazing comebacks in football history. And I don't say that just because I was playing 😉

Shirtliff, what a great captain. Love that match report :)
    To be honest, I should have never named a 'worst Charlton player' for that match. They were all club legends.
  • Options
    @jimmymelrose Hope you don't mind, but I've edited your post to put the picture the right way up. (I'm also finding it slightly weird how similar your handwriting was to mine at that age, and wondering if it's just an artifact of how writing was taught when we were kids.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shirtliff 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @jimmymelrose Hope you don't mind, but I've edited your post to put the picture the right way up. (I'm also finding it slightly weird how similar your handwriting was to mine at that age, and wondering if it's just an artifact of how writing was taught when we were kids.)
    But it's upside down - have I missed a joke?
  • Options
    Kinsella. True captain and did it during those Premier days. Oh how I miss those days 
  • Options
    Kinsella.Honourable mentions to Shirtliff and Jacko. 
  • Options
    Terry Bullivant, lol

Does anyone know who was our captain for the 1947 FA Cup Final? I think it was Don Welsh. Surely he has to be right up there in the reckoning.
  • Options
    Kinsella for me, glad to see Matty Holland got a mention. 
  • Options
    Don't think to many would be able to say that they saw our captain from 1947, we could do with him now for sure.
  • Options
    Steve "Rambo" Thompson 
    Very underrated,and tough as nails. 
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Don't think to many would be able to say that they saw our captain from 1947, we could do with him now for sure.
    We should ask my Dad, and his answer should be the closure of this thread.