Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nearest League Club to Charlton that you’ve never seen on their home ground

Continuing a theme, but this took me some time to work out and I may still be missing something.

For me, Northampton Town.

Comments

• West Ham if you’re on about current ground.
    Sutton United if not.
  • Barrow 
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2023
    Brentford either ground or Arsenal & West Ham if we are including new stadiums (went to old grounds)
  • If I don't include Arsenal, Spurs, Brentford and West Ham where I haven't seen us play at their new stadiums, it would be Crawley Town

• Like others - if it's home now then it's Wet Spam. If Upton Park is included then it's Brisbane Road.
  • West Ham if old grounds not included, Sutton if they are.
  • edited February 2023
    Nearest club I haven't visited: Wycombe Wanderers.

Nearest new ground I haven't visited but I've been to the club at their old place: Tottenham (then Wimbledon, then Brentford). 

This may help (Valley postcode is SE7 8BL) https://www.footballgroundmap.com/nearest.php
  • Probably Sutton United
  • Sutton Utd

If it’s seeing Charlton play at the ground, then Leyton Orient 
  • If we are talking club, then Sutton

If we are talking ground, then Sutton :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Never been to the shithouse park in Croydon to see a stripey nigels game
    Only seen Charlton and Wimbledon "home" games there.
  • Gillingham.

And my life is better for that.
  • Went to the pre season game at Sutton last summer. It was VERY hot, as during the heatwave...
  • Aston Villa
  • edited February 2023
    Watford  - was going to a cup (? ) game in the 70s but Dad wouldn't bankroll it lol. Never been .
  • For me, 3 local new grounds, West Ham, Spurs and Brentford.  After that I have to travel 126 miles to get to Mansfield. 
  • totteringham's new one.   Been to all the others.
  • Sutton, of the newer teams. Rochdale, I think, or Doncaster, of the older mob.
  • West Ham if old grounds not included, Sutton if they are.
    I still say I've been to WH, Spurs & Brentford though not to the new grounds.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023

I have done the 92 so this is with Charlton.

Does the Sutton friendly count? If so then ironically it would probably be Forest Green. A mixture of a new job and Valentine's Day prevented me going the other night.

I would say West Ham ( Olympic Stadium) would be the ground.
  • shirty5 said:
    Barrow 
    my wife’s favorite ground.

Sutton Utd never been to a match there.
  • I've only seen us play on a bit over a third of the current 92, and I've not been to all that many more via games I went to as a neutral, so plenty of gaps. The nearest of which to the Valley is ... erm ... the New Den. 
  • Richard J said:

I have done the 92 so this is with Charlton.

Does the Sutton friendly count? If so then ironically it would probably be Forest Green. A mixture of a new job and Valentine's Day prevented me going the other night.

I would say West Ham ( Olympic Stadium) would be the ground.
    Friendlies count.
  • Dagenham and Dartford 
  • Aston Villa. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    'wall
    Riiiiight!
  • ElfsborgAddick said:
    totteringham's new one. Been to all the others.

Have you seen Charlton play at all bar Salford and Harrogate of the current 92? We must have a few closing in on seeing us play at all of the 92. I'm missing those two plus Barrow and Newport.
  • Clubs Sutton

I have never seen us at Watford for some strange reason.

Probably one for another thread but the club nearest my house I haven't seen Charlton play at is Burnley.