Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic V Fleetwood Town; Saturday 11th February 2023; KO 3.00pm

edited February 2023 in General Charlton
A poor result at the Valley losing to League 1 strugglers Fleetwood. In the first half, we played like a team with an extra gear that we just couldn’t quite find. Fleetwood opened the scoring, which should have woken us up, but didn’t. An individual piece of skill on 45 minutes from Rak-Sakyi brought us level going into the break.

One would think we’d re-evaluate and pose more of a threat in the second half. But that never materialised. Instead, Fleetwood scored again to regain their lead. After a week to prepare, we seemed far too lacklustre to be effective. Ryan Innis was sent off on 79’, rather dubiously, and it was always an up-hill-climb from there. The game then turned stop, start, resulting in an enormous 12 of extra time, non of which we could make use of.

Charlton 1 Fleetwood 2

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Come in Innis. Your time is up.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    All those players we let leave & we kept Inniss!!

The guy is a liability!!
  • Options
    The pitch looks awful….. ball always bobbling which doesn’t help us but we were poor today. No way was that a red card. 
  • Options
    For the red, the ref was MILES away from play. I can't see how you can make that decision at all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking the positives from today's game, I managed to get the 5:17 train and won't have to wait 20 minutes for the next train.

Er that's it.
  • Options
    Difficult watch but as soon as they scored I thought we would lose. Yes want it to work for Bonne but just not good enough. Second goal terrible. Performance sums up the season really. Roll on the summer. Wonder who will own us then?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    Not a single person in the entire stadium thought that was going to be a red. You're pinning this on HIM? 
    I thought it was going to be a red. And I said so to those around me. 
  • Options
    Awful.

I was in the (very) small minority that thought Bonne might not be completely terrible, but he’s very much making me regret it. 

Is there any video of the Innis red card? Didn’t look a sending off but I’m in the north upper so not the best view. If it was genuinely a red then Innis needs to be shown the door. 
  • Options
    How come the pitch has gone to shit again?
  • Options
    Penney up there with the worst I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt. Dogshit served up all over the pitch though, how many times do we just take the wrong option?

Fleetwood were toilet and yet 2-1 still almost flattered us. 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2023
    Selling O'Connell, central defender, whoever made that cost cutting decision, was always like to be a mistake (Methven ?). Inniss is always a risk to be sent off (unlucky today) was always going to be a risky move and selling off a competent defender was not a good decision. 

Next 5 games - Forest Green away, and then Derby (a), Sheff. Wed (h), Peterborough (a) and Plymouth (a). 

Darkest before the dawn. A decent takeover (not a cost cutting one) is needed ASAP to start building for the next season. This season is effectively over, (bar getting the 56 points needed to secure league one and working out which players could do a job next season).
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    Not a single person in the entire stadium thought that was going to be a red. You're pinning this on HIM? 
    Was never a red 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    For the red, the ref was MILES away from play. I can't see how you can make that decision at all 
    I need to see it again but it looked to me as though Fraser was thrown to the floor (either that or he went down damned easily), hence how they scored their second so unmarked.

The referee may as well have been standing next to Fraser he was so close to the incident.

I could be wrong of course, but if he cant make a decision on something happening right next to him - Got no hope of getting a decision right when he cant keep up with play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else see the guy throw a can at the referee at the end??
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Awful.

I was in the (very) small minority that thought Bonne might not be completely terrible, but he’s very much making me regret it. 

Is there any video of the Innis red card? Didn’t look a sending off but I’m in the north upper so not the best view. If it was genuinely a red then Innis needs to be shown the door. 
    All I know is the ball flew out of play. So either the attacker has bashed it miles and would never have got there, or Inniss got the ball. And it wasn't close to being serious foul play 
  • Options
    Looking at the the replays on Charlton TV nobody including me thinks Fraser was fouled for their winner. Looks like he fell over 
  • Options
    Well that was a poor performance . We looked slow to react to break down balls. Little movement off the ball and then the ling passing except from Dobson very poor.
    Of the new boys I Di nor rTe Penny and Kilkeny was anonymou.
    Bone is the Bone I remember from his last time here.
    Only Raku and Dobson above for us in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Penneys second touch was a sliding tackle, managed to hurt himself losing the ball that lead to Innis red. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Awful.

All I know is the ball flew out of play. So either the attacker has bashed it miles and would never have got there, or Inniss got the ball. And it wasn't close to being serious foul play 
    Inniss was last man and went through the back/side of the player. Also the tackle itself initiated the contact between the ball and their player, so Inniss didn't win the ball and fouled the player. 

That's how the ref has seen it I reckon
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    And yet it looked a good tackle to most and he wasn't the last man.

If you thought it was going to be a red, maybe you don't understand the rules... Or maybe you just know Charlton Luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    CafcWest said:
    Anyone else see the guy throw a can at the referee at the end??
    Yep, think it was a plastic bottle. Hope they caught the twat
  • Options
    Season all but over (need enough points to stay up). Sooner the lying clown leaves these shores for good the better. We need an individual able to invest without having to worry about it sooner rather than later.