Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chinese Laundry

edited February 2023 in General Charlton
I was talking to my mate last night about going to the Valley years ago & the Chinese Laundry  when we use to bunk in over their wall into the top toilets did anyone else on here do the same as it was well busy on match days Ha

Comments

• Options
    Not the laundry but not far away. We used to knock on an old lady’s door who’s garden backed onto the top of the East terrace. She used to let us through, hop over the wall and we were in.

Did this twice for the first Who concert as well. First time was lunchtime to see the afternoon bands, then went home for tea and then hopped over her wall again to watch The Who.
    I remember the house as well big old place with the fencing around I also used it a few times & for the who concert Ha 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Not the laundry but not far away. We used to knock on an old lady’s door who’s garden backed onto the top of the East terrace. She used to let us through, hop over the wall and we were in.

Did this twice for the first Who concert as well. First time was lunchtime to see the afternoon bands, then went home for tea and then hopped over her wall again to watch The Who.
    me too for both Who concerts - though we knew a way in via old south end :)
  • Options
    A bonus I suppose for us being local and knowing the ways in/out!  Anyone remember that old open toilet block top of East/South terrace ! No roof, and another way in/out ?
  • Options
    A bonus I suppose for us being local and knowing the ways in/out!  Anyone remember that old open toilet block top of East/South terrace ! No roof, and another way in/out ?
    Got soaked in there many a time ...... And that was just my shoes 😅
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Valley Grove just past the turnstiles someone put small holes all the way up so you could climb up 
    They ended up putting a couple of old bill to catch you when you got in but once you got to the club shop you knew you made it Ha
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Valley Grove just past the turnstiles someone put small holes all the way up so you could climb up 
    They ended up putting a couple of old bill to catch you when you got in but once you got to the club shop you knew you made it Ha

That was our favourite spot until the non drying paint was put on the top.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Got us hooked = how much we spent since!! ??
  • Options
    edited February 2023

This was my route in too. I was absolutely hopeless at climbing and could never scale any walls or fences. Remember when we played West Ham in 1976(?), there were queue’s of West Ham fans bunking in. That 30,000 crowd was probably closer to 40,000
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just walked past an old bit of that exterior wall by the houses player's used to live in , Floyd Road Must be only bit left. Reckon I could bunk in there still !
  • Options
    Just walked past an old bit of that exterior wall by the houses player's used to live in , Floyd Road Must be only bit left. Reckon I could bunk in there still !
    Burgerboy’s stormtroopers not withstanding.😉
  • Options
    Got soaked in there many a time ...... And that was just my shoes 😅
    Oh yes, remember it well.
  • Options
    I assume all you bunker-in types will be sending money to TS. As for getting in The Who, I remember asking a pal “who’s next?”. I only went because Keith Peacock was the first substitute.
  • Options
    I assume all you bunker-in types will be sending money to TS. As for getting in The Who, I remember asking a pal “who’s next?”. I only went because Keith Peacock was the first substitute.
    I can ashore you all us bunker types have spent a right fee quid following us up & down the country  it was part & parcel of life  back then 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    I was talking to my mate last night about going to the Valley years ago & the Chinese Laundry  when we use to bunk in over their wall into the top toilets did anyone else on here do the same as it was well busy on match days Ha

Yep, descending into a cloud of piss steam during the winter.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    I can ashore you all us bunker types have spent a right fee quid following us up & down the country  it was part & parcel of life  back then 
    Ahoy there, shipmate!
  • Options
    I was also a bunkererinner in my earlier days. I can just about get up and down the steps now. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Wellred said:
    Ahoy there, shipmate!
    I see no ships sir ha this phone does what it likes Ha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Wellred said:

Yep, descending into a cloud of piss steam during the winter.
    & A smell that could knock you out