Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cambridge Away - 18th March

Not sure if it’s already been mentioned. Just booked return tickets to Cambridge from Liverpool Street for £10 via Greater Anglia Hare Fare Sale. No railcard required. 

Offer ends Sunday. 

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if it’s already been mentioned. Just booked return tickets to Cambridge from Liverpool Street for £10 via Greater Anglia Hare Fare Sale. No railcard required. 

Offer ends Sunday. 

Thanks, wouldn't have noticed that otherwise 
  • Options
    Annoyingly, it's rail replacement buses from Ely when coming from Norwich for this one.... and its 17 quid... looks like I'll just drive...

Should have been a rare nice easy away for me

Peterborough rearranged will have to be a drive, too...or else change in Ely at like 23 30 in way back 

Have high hopes of Ipswich being bloody smooth as can be 
  • Options

Offer ends Sunday. 
    Nice one, just booked up! 
  • Options
    I can’t find the £10 deal any help appreciated please
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I can’t find the £10 deal any help appreciated please
    Go one the Greater Anglia web site, it's highlighted
  • Options

Offer ends Sunday. 
    Cheers just booked mine. £10 from Southend you cant knock that
  • Options
    Always remember getting a right hiding up there years ago about half a dozen of us got off the train went through the park on route got ambushed by a mob of theirs didn't stand a chance well outnumbered
    I remembered a few of them & always looked out for them to pay them back but never see any of them again sadly 
  • Options
    1973 ?
    If so -kicked off Big time 
    Before during and After
  • Options
    1973 ?
    Before during and After
    Not sure of year but it would have been around that time though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RMT members working for the 14 train operating companies will take strike action on the following days:

- 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 16th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 18th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 30th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 1st April 2023

Network Rail members will take strike action at:

02:00 hours on March 16th 2023 and 01:59 hours on March 17th 2023.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announces-further-strikes-and-overtime-ban-in-national-rail/

• Options
    Clive, should we be applying for refunds from Greater Anglia, waiting a bit, or do they refund automatically?
    Thanks mate.
  • Options
    Bugger
  • Options
    raytreacy69 said:
    1973 ?
    Before during and After
    Remember that. Kicked off on way to ground when they came out of a pub. Also by the river with people running past shouting don't run and in the ground and on the way back to station.All in all a very quiet day.

• Options
    Clive, should we be applying for refunds from Greater Anglia, waiting a bit, or do they refund automatically?
    Thanks mate.
    I would wait, as i'm not sure what impact the strike will have on their services.
    Also keep a eye on their website for information regarding services & refunds etc.
  • Options
    So annoying. Makes it much worse that they are likely to be relegated this season. Have to skip the tourist stuff and just go to the game instead now. 
  • Options
    Thanks mate.

Latest update from greater Anglia

Saturday 18 March

This is strike day so please avoid travelling with us. Our service will be heavily reduced and disrupted. We expect our services to be like this:

• Trains start from 07.30, with all last trains completing their journey by 18.30
    • Reduced service of one train per hour between Norwich and London Liverpool Street, Colchester and London Liverpool Street, and Cambridge and London Liverpool Street.
    • Reduced service of two trains per hour between Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street and on the Stansted Express.

Ticket options

1. Avoid travelling with Greater Anglia on strike days

2. Travel on a different day with the same ticket

3. Change your ticket to another date in the future

4. Refund

Daily tickets

You can already get a full refund on unused daily tickets. This applies when you decide not to travel after booking because your intended service is cancelled, delayed, rescheduled or if your seat reservation will not be honoured.

If you have a return ticket and don't travel, including two Advance tickets (an outbound and return leg), you can claim a full refund if your outward or return journey falls on a strike day. For this scenario, please contact our Customer Relations.

Customers are strongly encouraged to refund their tickets and rebook for a day that is not close to a strike day, as trains on the days immediately before and after strike days are expected to be extremely busy.

How did you buy your ticket?How to claim a Daily ticket refund
    Greater Anglia website or app
    • Refund your tickets through our app or by logging into your account.
    • If you checked out as a guest, email sales.support.greateranglia@trainsfares.co.uk . Or, call our Web Support Team on 0345 600 7245 (option 6).
    • Phone lines may be busy at the moment so if it’s more convenient, please email. Lines are open Monday to Sunday from 08:00 - 17:00 and an answer phone is available outside these times.
    • If you're collecting your ticket at the ticket machine, you'll need to send your paper ticket to us as part of your claim so it's best to choose a digital collection option like e-ticketsdigital Season tickets or Smartcard when booking.
    Greater Anglia station
    • Bring your ticket with you to any of our ticket offices
    Other
  • Options
    Site is trying to nick a cancellation charge, is that amended in house?
  • Options
    clive said:

RMT members working for the 14 train operating companies will take strike action on the following days:

- 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 16th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 18th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 30th March 2023

· 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 1st April 2023

Network Rail members will take strike action at:

02:00 hours on March 16th 2023 and 01:59 hours on March 17th 2023.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announces-further-strikes-and-overtime-ban-in-national-rail/

Don't know what all the fuss is about. RMT members are only on strike for 2 minutes on the 16th March.....according to the bit in bold. I minute past midnight & 1 minute to midnight.

Or perhaps the RMT need lessons in English. 
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but that looks correct to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So Rail company do an offer well in advance to buy tickets cheaper.  Date then announced as a strike day. Hmmm…