Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ALE - Adult Lego Enthusiasts

Comments

• Options
    Just moved house and during the move had to transfer loads of my teenage sons previous lego projects....... some of them are falling into bits but aiming to get all the parts together so I can sell on. He has built some really cool sets before:

1) Ghostbusters car
    2) A replica Nintendo Entertainment System plus a TV that goes with it
    3) Tonnes of Marvel sets including the suspension bridge and Jokers Manor
    4) Indiana Jones Sets
    5) Pirates of the Caribbean ship
    6) Tonnes of Star Wars stuff
    7) Back to the Future set
  • Options
    Just moved house and during the move had to transfer loads of my teenage sons previous lego projects....... some of them are falling into bits but aiming to get all the parts together so I can sell on. He has built some really cool sets before:

1) Ghostbusters car
    2) A replica Nintendo Entertainment System plus a TV that goes with it
    3) Tonnes of Marvel sets including the suspension bridge and Jokers Manor
    4) Indiana Jones Sets
    5) Pirates of the Caribbean ship
    6) Tonnes of Star Wars stuff
    7) Back to the Future set
    I am waiting for these to appear on the marketplace group... haha 
  • Options
    anyone got the adidas SST?

• Options

Yep, got this one. Pissed me off that they chose Superstars for the model, but still bought it!

• Options

Yep, got this one. Pissed me off that they chose Superstars for the model, but still bought it!

did you buy the trainers as well?

• Options
    Loved Lego as a kid and kept all my old stuff hoping I'd one day have an excuse to start "playing" with it again. Once my eldest daughter was old enough, we got her a couple of simple sets and she showed an interest, so I broke out my old 1980s vintage Lego Pirate Ship and Medieval Castle and built them with her.

Then our dog died in somewhat traumatic circumstances, and we needed to get out of the house one day because it was too sad and empty. So, we went to West Edmonton Mall and found ourselves in the large Lego store there. The missus loves Harry Potter and, as a therapeutic impulse buy, we bought the (small) Hogwarts Express and the (large) Diagon Alley sets and over the next few evenings we sat and did those together to take our minds of the Hound being absent.

Off the back of that it's become a bit of a family thing and I find it a nice way to unwind of an evening that gets me away from the various screens. I find it's not too difficult so as to be a chore or tiring, but challenging enough that it keeps me engaged and turns off the bit of my brain that worries about work etc. It's also given us another option for Christmas/birthdays, which is always a challenge. Downside is it isn't the cheapest hobby in the world!

I've previously done the Blacksmith's Forge which is a really nice set, and my daughter and I built Winnie the Pooh's house. I have the Space Shuttle Discovery on display in my office at work too. At the moment I'm working on Optimus Prime (second go around as I dropped him at ~80% complete requiring a mostly total dismantle and rebuild) and the Wife is working on the big Hedwig Model. I have The Starry Night and the Lighthouse in the basement ready to work on next. And a non-official F14 Tomcat set to build too. Should keep me going for a while!

Would love to do the Titanic, but it's so expensive and I'm already out of places to display what I have. Also, would like the large collector's edition Hogwatrs Express, Hogwarts Castle, and the Roller Coaster, but, again, lack of space and financial realities may force us to stop.
  • Options

did you buy the trainers as well?

Nope. Not a Superstars fan at all. No room for them in my collection (current Adidas count in 36 pairs with 2 more "en-route".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023

I'd be willing to pay a good chunk of change for a parts list and unofficial build instructions for this.
    No problem, it can be found in my instruction manual.

• Options
    My mate's daughter is well into these kits and cost my mate a fortune. Hogwarts is impressive, but nothing compared to the Titanic, about 3 foot long and the detail is mind-blowing 
  • Options
    I have dabbled a bit over the years, worth looking on eBay as there are some good used sets being sold.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Theres not enough pot holes in the car park.
  • Options
    Can’t imagine why you’re called train spotters! 😉
  • Options
    that Lego Valley is unbelievable !
  • Options
    This is my 11 year olds collection so far has a few more bits scattered round too including a load of the flower collections.  Not into it myself but he is obsessed and it’s an easy choice when getting him a pressie for Xmas or his birthday. I always change in the infinity gauntlet when his at school 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a criticism, but I find it absolutely remarkable that you can make a Lego trainer. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Great minds Nicholas with the finger placement for the Gauntlet :D
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Not a criticism, but I find it absolutely remarkable that you can make a Lego trainer. 
    I only bought that for him because I thought he needed something different besides Marvel, Harry potter and Star wars
  • Options
    Uboat said:

all part of selling all this gear

https://www.adidas.fr/chaussures-lego 
  • Options
    Anyone watch the Lego Masters series? I’ve found the American and Australian versions far superior to the UK version, the things they make on there are truly mind blowing. My 3 year old daughter loves making things with the giant Lego designed for toddlers, I’m looking forward to her advancing into the real stuff so we can build things together as she gets older.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

all part of selling all this gear

https://www.adidas.fr/chaussures-lego 
    Nice idea, but I prefer my Puma Meccanos. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    You can't run in them
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Anyone watch the Lego Masters series? I’ve found the American and Australian versions far superior to the UK version, the things they make on there are truly mind blowing. My 3 year old daughter loves making things with the giant Lego designed for toddlers, I’m looking forward to her advancing into the real stuff so we can build things together as she gets older.
    Duplo is great, we found some marble runs with the same shape bricks and added them into creations. Our littlen has just moved onto 'normal' sized lego. He's 4 next week and only took a few weeks to get to grips with the change in size. The bonus, is that you can buy 4x the bricks and they still take up less space ! 

He got this set at Xmas and has no problems following the instructions on his own  to make the figures, it's definitely a good starter set.

LEGO 10698 Classic Large Creative Brick Storage Box Set, Construction Toy with Windows, Doors, Wheels and Green Baseplate, Building Toys for Kids 4 Plus Years Old https://amzn.eu/d/7wA4Dz4
  • Options

After a couple of late nights and a grown up tantrum (intially the two sections wouldn't fit together) two of the three boxes are done.

Hopefully I will get it finished over the weekend.

@for@ForeverAddickted will be pulling himself round the office at that