Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man United ….. Only Here For The Charlton

Whilst checking to see the attendance at the United game, I was surprised to see that United’s largest attendance so far this season was our visit….. We are obviously a bigger attraction than we realised….. More at United v Charlton, than United v Liverpool.

Comments

• Leeds will take more
  • Less seats left for segregation/stewards etc maybe? 

Less likely to kick off between a L1 club from miles away than an league game v Liverpool, City, Leeds and the like?
  • BBC reporting their attendance against City on Saturday as 75,546.
  • BBC reporting their attendance against City on Saturday as 75,546.
    Think that's a typo, it was 73,546. 
  • I was at the top of the way stand and lots of the ground I couldn’t see but what I could see there were lots of empty seats in the United stands. This is suggesting a full capacity crowd which is bollocks!
  • Clearly some fictional attendance numbers!
  • edited January 2023
    mattwils said:
    I was at the top of the way stand and lots of the ground I couldn’t see but what I could see there were lots of empty seats in the United stands. This is suggesting a full capacity crowd which is bollocks!
    i thought i read somewhere their capacity is around 80K including safe standing if you disregarded safe segregation. Might be mis-remembering though

also assuming say, 2% bought tickets but don't attend for outside life reasons which I don't think is an unreasonable figure on a cold Tuesday night in Manchester - that's almost 2k - which doesn't seem unreasonable in that big of a crowd on what would be for man u standards very cheap tickets
  • Erm, the Villa cup game in November?
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Erm, the Villa cup game in November?
    The one that had 1,833 less than our game? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • People around me were saying the stadium looked packed. Could barely see an empty seat -  from where we were standing anyway.

• Man U v Palace according to sky there were 35,000 at selhurst yesterday which is odd as it only holds 25,000
    Definitely the same Charlton fan who used to estimate our away numbers before official numbers became a thing .
  • There were quite a few empty seats high up in the Man U area, in the corner down our end. 
  • The Rothmans Football Yearbook used to give the record match reciepts for each club, for a while Man Utds was the 1994 quarter final against us. Here for the Charlton indeed (probably due to it being a full house for a cup game, but we'll pass over that).
  • Gribbo said:
    Leeds will take more
    God that meme gets everywhere. Someone on my FB timeline posted about the queens funeral showing the crowds, and sure enough underneath, someone posted 'Leeds would have taken more'. 
  • Does this make it the highest domestic football attendance this season across the UK and Ireland? 
  • TelMc32 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Sorry Tel, I was reading that as 75,212. And not just once either, as I went back to check a couple of times that I wasn't missing something. Weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    Does this make it the highest domestic football attendance this season across the UK and Ireland? 
    I believe that’s the case… who would have thought it……. 
  • aliwibble said:
    TelMc32 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Sorry Tel, I was reading that as 75,212. And not just once either, as I went back to check a couple of times that I wasn't missing something. Weird.
    Don’t apologise Ali…I looked several times too just to be sure 😉