Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Jeff Beck

2»

Comments

• One of the best guitarist Rest easy jeff
  • A true legend. RIP Jeff.
  • Derek1952 said:
    For those of you who remember the film Blowup, which some of it was filmed in Maryon Park.At the end of the film there is about a five minute clip
     of The Yardbirds.I dont know if Jeff Beck was with them then.Always liked Hi Ho Silver Lining.Has become a Cricket Anthem.
    He was with them at the time of Blow Up and smashed his guitar during the club scene 
  • RIP.
    A significant part of my youth gone to rock heaven, but the memories remain.
    Hi Ho Silver Lining may not be his best work but what fun it gave to millions of kids, and maybe still does.
    Thank you Jeff.
  • Sad news indeed. Great guitarist. Loved his collaboration with Stevie Wonder on Talking Book. His solo on ‘Lookin’ for Another Pure Love’, was one of my favourites of all time.
    “Do it Jeff!”
  • edited January 2023
    Jeff recently gave his old sound recording desk to a young lad and got his studio engineer to set it up for him, how much! He would always be out and about in Wadhurst. He did  a lot for the village. I had a lovely chat with him on more than one occasion, always had a good laugh too. I had a Rover 25 and it had done about 200 thousand miles on the clock ( Head gasket repaired, doors didn't lock, different colour wings, condensation and the seats were ripped to shreds where I put all my bass amps and guitars etc. basically knackered) He would always say, hello followed by, still got your Rover? It cracked him up, Jeff would always be out in his Corvette, Hot Rod or whatever and always had time for people. I love all of his albums and I would talk to him about the recent ones, rather than the old ones, he loved the fact I still bought his Cd's rather than just listen to them online. I last saw him a few months ago at a petrol station in Wadhurst, Alright,  Where's the Rover? chuckle, chuckle. Gone to heaven Jeff...  hope you have too Jeff. A great human being and a wonderful talented guitar player and musician. RIP Jeff.
    Wadhurst seems to be a hot bed of Charlton fans.

Remember being on a train to stonegate before moving to Wadhurst and some bloke ranting because he missed his Wadhurst stop (due to short platform at Wadhurst and back 4 carriage doors not opening).

Was a regular occurance but on this occasion was surprised to see the poor commuter was Jeff Beck looking every bit the rock legend.  Wished I'd offered him a lift back to the village now but bottled it at the time.

Was walking my dog down his road at the weekend and chatting to my missus about him. Very sad news.

• Jeff recently gave his old sound recording desk to a young lad and got his studio engineer to set it up for him, how much! He would always be out and about in Wadhurst. He did  a lot for the village. I had a lovely chat with him on more than one occasion, always had a good laugh too. I had a Rover 25 and it had done about 200 thousand miles on the clock ( Head gasket repaired, doors didn't lock, different colour wings, condensation and the seats were ripped to shreds where I put all my bass amps and guitars etc. basically knackered) He would always say, hello followed by, still got your Rover? It cracked him up, Jeff would always be out in his Corvette, Hot Rod or whatever and always had time for people. I love all of his albums and I would talk to him about the recent ones, rather than the old ones, he loved the fact I still bought his Cd's rather than just listen to them online. I last saw him a few months ago at a petrol station in Wadhurst, Alright,  Where's the Rover? chuckle, chuckle. Gone to heaven Jeff...  hope you have too Jeff. A great human being and a wonderful talented guitar player and musician. RIP Jeff.
    RIP

His car collection is amazing, especially the hot rods - did all the work on them himself - a very competent mechanic by all accounts - gorgeous house as well
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve never given his music to listen to it deserves. Time to make amends for that.

RIP
  • My favourite memory was a story told of when Hendrix was creating a storm on the London scene, and every guitarist from every famous band turned up to see what the fuss was about. I think it may have been Pete Townsend and Eric Clapton we’re walking down the steps into a club as Jeff Beck was coming up the other way, Pete asked Jeff “is he any good?” and Jeff replied “no don’t bother he’s rubbish!”
    He had a great sense if fun and it showed in his music and when asked what he meant by his Hendrix comment he explained it was because “he was doing all the things he wanted to do”.
  • A tribute from Imelda May

Jeff Beck Rules Forever
    Jeff will be in my heart
    for the rest of my life
    I loved him dearly. He was family.
    He changed my life all those years ago when we first met and he showed me the world, his magical world.
    I found in him a kindred spirit,
    someone I felt at ease and totally myself with but also someone I looked up to and was thrilled to impress.
    He inspired, supported, and encouraged me with every whoop, cheer, gasp and tear when I sang with him whether on stage, studio or sitting in his kitchen or mine.
    He was the genius in the room
    yet he made everyone else
    around him feel special.
    We talked for hours and celebrated often
    I ran to him and Sandra each time I needed saving. And how they saved me.
    His enthusiasm for life was immense.
    He was full of fun, excitement, wit, plans, laughter, brilliance, creativity, love, heart!
    This world class coolest motherfucker somehow kept the boy in him alive,
    the obsessed boy in the bedroom that couldn’t leave a guitar out of his hands
    was always there.
    He was dedicated to making pure art.
    He was responsible for many bands, collaborations and influenced so many
    by creating his own sound
    that will outlive us all
    but he was still creating, still challenging himself, always innovative and pushing boundaries with every album he made.
    Each solo he played could perfectly swing from classical to rock, jazz to Middle Eastern, badass to tender.
    He was one of a kind
    that was and never will be again.
    Every single note he played
    could kill me with its beauty.
    His light was so blindingly bright
    it already feels so dark without him.
    The greatest guitarist that ever lived.
    The finest friend you could wish for.
    Thank you Jeff Beck.
    All my love is with the love of his life Sandra
    and all those of us who miss him dearly
  • very good obituary of Jeff on 'Last Word' on BBC R4, also 'featured' is Gina Lollobrigida