Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Well played Addicks. Good effort!
  • Not the way I hoped this would finish. Lots of difference between 1-0 and 3-0.
    In a funny way I would rather lose 3-0 than 1-0.  Outstanding performance and of it finished 1-0 you could, and people will, spend hours pointing fingers and blaming little things on us not winning.

Brilliant performance in probably our second biggest game in 15 years.

Play like that every game and we could still get in the play offs.

Leave the if buts and maybes for next week.
  • Thank god I don't have to listen to this commentary anymore. Thought we were outstanding for what we were up against. 
    Agree
  • Proud of the team tonight and that scoreline is harsh.

Thought United were well within themselves first half, but second half they knew they were in a game and Ten Hag felt the need to bring on his big guns.

Hope we can put that kind of performance into the league now and make a charge up the table.
  • Sponsored links:

• We have them one hell of a game.  Well played all the boys they were magnificent 
  • Not embarrassed. Nervy start but plenty after that.
  • Can't fault that performance, harsh 3 nil. Let's hope we can play like that in the league 
  • 3-0 stings. Great effort lads 
  • Hard luck guys, brilliant effort. Be proud, go and get pissed and turn up wherever you are playing on Saturday.  
  • Thanks ectoderm, I’m a bit kissed, but let’s keep the post-match thread here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The team did us proud, very pleased with the performance overall. No shame in losing like that, you can tell the class when Rashford came on but looks like we've got our fight back in the team. 
    Onwards to Saturday now, looking forward to it.
  • Much better 2nd half. We were so much better with 3 at the back with Sessegnon and Clare pushing forward. I thought both CBT and Rak-Sakyi were very weak both defensively and going forward. 

Also, probably a step too far for Miles today. He looked a lot better at the end with Stockley.
    I think CBT and Rak-Sakyi can do a job at L1 level but today it showed their imitations. 
  • Last one was offside….they didn’t deserve 3-0. We played well second half
  • Valley11 said:
    Proud of the players and can’t have said that too many time the last few years. Gave everything and didn’t deserve those two late goals.
    Ref missed so much. 
    But on we go. 
    Chase those play offs now lads 

• You bet!