Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 7th January 2023 - 3pm KO

Play off train is back on the rails;...

Craig MacGillivray will start in goal and Eoghan O’Connell returns to the bench for Charlton’s game against Lincoln City at The Valley today.

MacGillivray replaces Ashley Maynard-Brewer who is following concussion protocol after taking a football in the face in training, as the only change to the starting lineup from the team that beat Portsmouth on Sunday.

It means the Addicks are expected to line-up in that same 4-3-3 with Sean Clare, Ryan Inniss, Lucas Ness and Steven Sessegnon in a back four in front of MacGillivray.

George Dobson, Albie Morgan and Scott Fraser make up a midfield three behind Jes Rak-Sakyi, Miles Leaburn and Corey Blackett-Taylor.

O’Connell is joined on the bench by Nathan Harness, Richard Chin, Aaron Henry, Jack Payne, Charlie Kirk, Jayden Stockley.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Inniss, Ness, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Harness, O’Connell, Chin, Henry, Payne, Kirk, Stockley

Comments

• Options
    Standard 2-0 victory for the addicks. 
  • Options
    Any 'streams' to watch the match, the one which showed the Brighton match  was good but cant remember what it was!
  • Options
    Hope AMB fit for Tuesday. Good to O'Connell back. Nothing very inspiring on the bench.
  • Options
    We're rotating 3 goalies as and when each is injured.

Never confident with McG in goal. But if we are looking to move him on, is Harness good enough to be 3rd choice. 
  • Options
    Worrying about AMB, as he seems so susceptible to concussion issues, no way would a ball in the face usually cause these problems.

There's a really talented Aussie cricketer who seems to have a similar problem.
  • Options
    Oh for god sake Ashley... That kid needs help with his fetish for concussion
  • Options

Keeper vs keeper so far.

The good news is MacKeeper hint let anything in.

Yet.
  • Options
    Hope AMB fit for Tuesday. Good to O'Connell back. Nothing very inspiring on the bench.
    Depends when he got the concussion - Will be out for a minimum of six days
  • Options
    I want the takeover to happen just so we can get rid of this fucking stupid song !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Egbo in the Charlton TV studio 
  • Options
    Weak bench. Just hope we don't need someone to come off & score to grab as a point.
  • Options
    Curbs in Love Island Mmmm, nah.. ;)
  • Options
    STAND STILL Dean ffs ;)
  • Options
    Just heard on BBC that Gillingham's new owner called them  a "sleeping giant". 

This is from a team that has scored just 7 goals in the League this season. 

If they are going to go up the leagues it will probably start from non league.
  • Options
    Just heard on BBC that Gillingham's new owner called them  a "sleeping giant". 

This is from a team that has scored just 7 goals in the League this season. 

If they are going to go up the leagues it will probably start from non league.
    Stockley will keep them up this season.
  • Options
    STAND STILL Dean ffs ;)
    Absolutely! Every time you see him interviewed he looks like he is on a ship that is on a rough sea!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worrying about AMB, as he seems so susceptible to concussion issues, no way would a ball in the face usually cause these problems.

There's a really talented Aussie cricketer who seems to have a similar problem.
    If he’s had more then one concussion this year he should probably sit out the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    STAND STILL Dean ffs ;)
    Absolutely! Every time you see him interviewed he looks like he is on a ship that is on a rough sea!
    That'll be us then! Been a while since we've been in calm waters.
  • Options
    Stoopidly put us in my bet. 10 mins later I'm wondering whether it will be a half hearted performance to avoid getting injured and missing out at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    STAND STILL Dean ffs ;)
    I thought he was on Jim Davidson‘s yacht doing that interview. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    STAND STILL Dean ffs ;)
    I thought he was on Jim Davidson‘s yacht doing that interview. 
    Nah, more like a pleasure boat on Danson Lake.. ;)
  • Options
    I’m probably the prime example of a lapsed fan. Been to a few away games near me over the years but taken my son to the Valley for the first ever time today. He’s got his shirt on and bearing in mind he lives in Chelsea territory he says it feels like this is where he is meant to be.

wont lie - we may be shit but it feels so good to be back 
    Let us know what he thinks at HT…
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    We won't mention that you went as a Millwall fan on that fateful day eh @eastterrace6168 🤣
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Egbo in the Charlton TV studio 
    Seems like a good bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously from the brief chat so far. Could be a bit awkward if the team have a mare though.
    Yeah comes across really well. Nice, quite charming, talking about living in Germany and the States. Talked about how it's nice to be home. He's a Hackney boy and a Gooner.
  • Options
    Curbs talking about Man Utd and the fact we have never beaten them, remember that 3-3 game at The Valley, memories and that Robinson leveler, what a match.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!