Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coach travel questions - info re Old Trafford bag size limit (p2)

edited January 2023 in Match Day Travel
Evening.

now I have a ticket for the game my ficus turns to travel.

I haven’t seen on a coach since Carlisle away in 86 which put me off for life.

do the coaches from Eltham or Bexleyheath or Dartford go direct?
can you take a bag and leave it on the coach?
do they have toilets these days?
will there be one or two stops?
 Sorry but I’m 56 and more excited than I should be to be hionest. 

Comments

• Options
    Don’t forget your Jimmy Jones DVD
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Don’t forget your Jimmy Jones DVD
    Kin el 
  • Options
    are the coaches not sold out ?
  • Options
    Coaches are going direct from all departure points
    take a bag but leave on coach at own risk etc etc but should be fine
    yes they will have a toilet
    at least one stop each way but more than likely two
    no alcohol
  • Options
    Coaches are going direct from all departure points
    take a bag but leave on coach at own risk etc etc but should be fine
    yes they will have a toilet
    at least one stop each way but more than likely two
    no alcohol
    Thanks Large. Spot on.
  • Options
    Cabbles will be all over this thread later.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Bought my dad a ticket today and he’ll likely need a coach up - when are they announcing more coaches @clive
  • Options
    I’m getting a lift up but then getting the valley express coach back. Is there any way of knowing where the coach will be parking round Old Trafford? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    If the coach leaves Eltham at 12:30 and traffic is reasonable… does anybody have a rough idea of when you’d expect it to arrive at Old Trafford? Assuming it makes a stop on the way 
  • Options
    If the coach leaves Eltham at 12:30 and traffic is reasonable… does anybody have a rough idea of when you’d expect it to arrive at Old Trafford? Assuming it makes a stop on the way 
    My guess (and its only that) would be 6 - 6.30pm. I assume 2 stops.
  • Options
    As long as coaches depart on time should arrive about 6.30pm imo.
  • Options
    I’m getting a lift up but then getting the valley express coach back. Is there any way of knowing where the coach will be parking round Old Trafford? 
    I'm in exactly the same situation. Anyone got any info. 
  • Options
    Any news regarding where the coach will be and which one to get on after the game would be gratefully received 
  • Options
    RobofSE7 said:
    Any news regarding where the coach will be and which one to get on after the game would be gratefully received 
    I wanted to call the ticket office today to ask these questions as I’m in the same boat, message states ticket office is now closed.

The website says the ticket office was open and we could call today…
  • Options
    There is literally a link on this thread with the pick up points. 

• Options
    Evening.

now I have a ticket for the game my ficus turns to travel.

I haven’t seen on a coach since Carlisle away in 86 which put me off for life.

do the coaches from Eltham or Bexleyheath or Dartford go direct?
    can you take a bag and leave it on the coach?
    do they have toilets these days?
    will there be one or two stops?
     Sorry but I’m 56 and more excited than I should be to be hionest. 
    I believe the coaches on this occasion are all going straight to the ground.

You can leave a bag and anything else of yours on the coach at your own risk but have never had any issues in years of going on the coach for 25+ years on and off.

Coach usually stops just once on the way up, it did for Fleetwood and Accrington. Usually for about 30 mins. On the way back it will likely just have one stop for a toilet break only as services likely won't have McDonalds, KFC etc open. There's always a toilet on the coach though.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I’m referring to pick up from OT. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Usually the coach steward will announce where the pick up point will be once parked up as they usually receive this upon arrival. More often than not it will be the same place where you get dropped off but if in doubt, make a note of the registration number of the coach you're on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Usually the coach steward will announce where the pick up point will be once parked up as they usually receive this upon arrival. More often than not it will be the same place where you get dropped off but if in doubt, make a note of the registration number of the coach you're on.
    Thank you. This is the problem, I only needed the coach back and not up there so I won’t know what coach it is
  • Options
    From recollection - going back 15 years - the coaches are parked up opposite the away end. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I'm looking for the return journey as I'll be going up by train. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    RobofSE7 said:
    MrOneLung said:

I'm looking for the return journey as I'll be going up by train. 
    I suggest you hang around outside the away end from around 6.30 & wait for the coaches to turn up. Then speak to the steward on the coach that you want to be going back on.

I'm assuming you've booked a place on one already as they are now full. I'd also make sure they know what your plans are so they are not waiting around for you at Bexleyheath/Bromley/Dartford etc on the trip up to OT......and know you have a place booked coming back, otherwise the head count could be wrong.
  • Options
    Just trying to print my coach tickets and the QR code on both is blank saying ‘not valid data’. This is the same on all devices and when I print them out. Is that gonna matter?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    cafc4life said:
    Just trying to print my coach tickets and the QR code on both is blank saying ‘not valid data’. This is the same on all devices and when I print them out. Is that gonna matter?
    No. The chances of needing to use the QR code to get on a Charlton away coach are zero.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    No. The chances of needing to use the QR code to get on a Charlton away coach are zero.

thank you!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sorry Martin but you will never be able to see a reg number.
    Best bet coaches will be showing coach number in window of coach.

Feel sure afew people going up to OT by other means and coming back by coach.
    Make sure Charlton know this or you could have a problem.

Best of luck and safe travel😀
  • Options
    I presume having paid for the coach from Charlton I get to the bus stop in Anchor and Hope lane and mill about randomly with everybody else hoping everything sorts itself out organically.
    I reckon there will be quite a lot of people, and that bus stop stretch can only handle three maybe four coaches.
    The club hint that there will be e mails, but nothing so far.
  • Options
    I'm thinking milling around in the vicinity of usually works for most things from experience.