Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Premier League

Just had a look at tonight’s fixtures, bearing in mind today is the first day back at work for many people 
Newcastle away at Arsenal
Brighton away at Everton
Fulham away at Leicester
Bournmouth away at Man U

how shit is that for the away fans, why couldn’t most of them have been played yesterday afternoon! 

We will bring 7500 to Man U on Tuesday as a one off, no way would we have those numbers if a midweek premiership game. I hate Sky! 

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Just had a look at tonight’s fixtures, bearing in mind today is the first day back at work for many people 
    Newcastle away at Arsenal
    Brighton away at Everton
    Fulham away at Leicester
    Bournmouth away at Man U

how shit is that for the away fans, why couldn’t most of them have been played yesterday afternoon! 

We will bring 7500 to Man U on Tuesday as a one off, no way would we have those numbers if a midweek premiership game. I hate Sky! 
    The fixtures are blending into one because of how many they have to cram in after the World Cup but 31st Dec and 1st Jan (Sat/Sun) was technically gameweek 18 after Boxing Day fixtures were gameweek 17.

Meanwhile 3rd, 4th and 5th Jan (Tues/Weds/Thurs) are all gameweek 19.

Can't imagine Premier League clubs being happy when they're asked to play Saturday or Sunday and then again on Monday. I think SKY would've loved having more games played yesterday and they could've had the pick of the bunch.

The only workable solution would've been 10 games on Boxing Day, 10 games on Friday 30th and 10 games on Monday 2nd. These were the dates on which Liverpool and Brentford played their three fixtures in order to get their game played yesterday afternoon.