Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trains, Planes & Automobiles - (Getting To Old Trafford)

So cmon, what’s the preferred method of travel, and is there a train strike on the day of the match / day after the match?

Comments

• We are driving up staying overnight then back Wednesday 
  • Wellred said:
    We are driving up staying overnight then back Wednesday 
    Ditto
  • Wellred said:
    We are driving up staying overnight then back Wednesday 
    Ditto.
  • Train up
    Night drinking to celebrate the win
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
  • 2.13pm from Euston on the Tuesday
    Manchester Central Premier Inn
    9.35am back on the Wednesday from Manc Piccadilly 
  • Driving up, parking in Altrincham, tram to OT and back after the game due to early appointment on Wednesday morning. 

I’ll have to give the post match winning celebrations in Manchester a miss 
  • Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    The right way to do it!
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    happy to take 5 in my cab but will be putting the meter on   ;)
    Mates rates? 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2023
    Train up 9am ish Tuesday. Football museum in afternoon. Match. Hotel in Salford Quays. Train home Wednesday 2pm ish. 
  • Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    Match don’t kick off until 8.pm so you won’t have long in the pub after you’ve left the ground, even less time if it goes to ET (cough cough).  Unless of course your hotel has a bar that will stay open, otherwise get some tinnies in 😉.
  • Easy one for me and future son in law. Driving across from Warrington :)
  • RedChaser said:
    Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    Match don’t kick off until 8.pm so you won’t have long in the pub after you’ve left the ground, even less time if it goes to ET (cough cough).  Unless of course your hotel has a bar that will stay open, otherwise get some tinnies in 😉.
    some pubs in Deansgate are open until 1am. We’ll have United soundly thrashed by half time so there will be plenty of time for a post match pint!
  • Wish me luck, leaving at 0900 tomorrow.
    From Larkfield?
  • se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Train up
    Back to the hotel
    Train home
    some pubs in Deansgate are open until 1am. We’ll have United soundly thrashed by half time so there will be plenty of time for a post match pint!
    Excellent that’s where we’re staying I look forward to you buying me a pint for having supported the club for 65 years and had a season ticket for….,,ah forget it no one cares 😉.
  • Train up 9am ish Tuesday. Football museum in afternoon. Match. Hotel in Salford Quays. Train home Wednesday 2pm ish. 
    Hotel in Salford Quays 

Not the Travelodge by any chance is it.

That is where I choose nice and cheap £25 for the night 🤣🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Driving up
    Staying over
    tables booked in chinawhites with Tina O’Brien 
  • Train up 9am ish Tuesday. Football museum in afternoon. Match. Hotel in Salford Quays. Train home Wednesday 2pm ish. 
    Well worth a visit.
  • Train up at 10.53, staying overnight & back on the 10.15 on Wednesday morning. Hoping I’ve given myself enough time to get a decent breakfast in to soak up the beers before the train back 🥴😉
  • Train up Tuesday
    Hotel overnight in the centre of Manchester
    Late train back on Wednesday. 
  • Train Tuesday morning
    Back Wednesday and an already full itinerary in between! 
  • Staying near Manchester Piccadilly and will get the tram down. Back next morning down to Southampton.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Train up at 10.53, staying overnight & back on the 10.15 on Wednesday morning. Hoping I’ve given myself enough time to get a decent breakfast in to soak up the beers before the train back 🥴😉
    You not doing a 5 mile walk before breakfast?
  • Cross country train up from Hampshire on Tuesday morning, quick check in at hotel in Salford Quays, off to Deansgate before match then home on Wednesday via a fry up
  • A proper away day isn't complete without a train journey imo. getting the 15:13 from Euston, staying at the Holiday Inn. back Wednesday 13:30
  • edited January 2023
    Driving up early, will get to the hotel on Deansgate around 11.00, all day session, tram to the match, and then crawling back Wednesday.