Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OLD TRAFFORD COACH TRAVEL INFORMATION

Charlton supporters taking a club coach to the team’s Carabao Cup quarter-final tie with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday, January 10th will be able to park at The Valley.

Pick-up points and times are listed below, with all services set to go directly to Old Trafford. 

Larkfield: 12.00pm

Bromley: 12.00pm

Gravesend: 12.15pm

Dartford: 12.30pm

Bexleyheath: 12.30pm

Eltham: 12.30pm

Charlton: 12.30pm

Supporters can purchase a place on a Valley Away coach, which costs £30, here.

Due to high demand, the club will have stewards on hand to manage the parking at The Valley with toilets also open for supporters.

Car parking at The Valley costs £3 and a car parking pass can be purchased here.

Full ticketing information for the quarter-final tie can be found here.

Comments

• Options
    All seems sensible, and a fair price to park up. 
  • Options
    I'm on the 'Bexleyheath' coach. Where is the pick up point? I can't find any information on the website nor does the ticket state it. Someone suggested it is Hall Place car park but, of course, I need to know for definite. In past years, the Bexleyheath pick up was behind the Broadway.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    im booked on coach one, assume pick up times will be the same as coach 2?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    meldrew66 said:
    I'm on the 'Bexleyheath' coach. Where is the pick up point? I can't find any information on the website nor does the ticket state it. Someone suggested it is Hall Place car park but, of course, I need to know for definite. In past years, the Bexleyheath pick up was behind the Broadway.

Information on pick-up points for away fixture:

Canterbury - Victoria Road, London Road by the roundabout (on A2050 facing into Canterbury)

Larkfield – Kingfisher Road sheltered bus stop, by Martin Square

Gravesend – bus stop by old A2 Tollgate underpass

Dartford (1) – Heath Lane, by retail park at junction with Princes Road 

Bexleyheath – Hall Place car park 

Bromley – Bromley North Station 

Eltham – Well Hall Road junction with Dickson Road 

Charlton – Anchor & Hope Lane Bus stop

https://www.charltonafc.com/valley-away

• Options
    edited January 2023
    and does anyone know why coach 2 is sold out but not coach 1 and if there is a difference?
  • Options
    What time will the coach leave OT at the other end and how long will the journey back be do we reckon?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    clive said:
    meldrew66 said:

Canterbury - Victoria Road, London Road by the roundabout (on A2050 facing into Canterbury)

Clive: would I be able to board (Coach 1) at Dartford (i.e. Heath Lane) rather than Bexleyheath as it's probably slightly nearer and easier to park for me there? I had wrongly assume that 'Dartford' would be in the Centre, hence selecting 'Bexleyheath'.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    What time will the coach leave OT at the other end and how long will the journey back be do we reckon?
    Will the game be going to penalties?
    Will there be any traffic delays on the way back?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Bit confused by that..

12:30pm pick up for Eltham, Dartford, Bexleyheath and Charlton?

I thought it goes eltham, then Charlton? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I can’t see any coaches being back to the drop off points before 4am, could be much later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Bit confused by that..

12:30pm pick up for Eltham, Dartford, Bexleyheath and Charlton?

I thought it goes eltham, then Charlton? 
    Likely different coaches running different routes.
  • Options
    Great to see all the questions about coach travel.  PM me for the granular details.  Loving the £3 car parking fee.  It’s absolutely empty when we return from Morecombe at 3.30am and you’ll be lucky to get the security guard open the gate 

I implore as many of you as possible to travel by coach.  It’s like Mecca 
  • Options
    Each coach going directly to Old Trafford suggests no multiple pick ups for any coach.
  • Options
    Yes, nothing wrong with looking to cover the cost of the stewards etc. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    clive said:
    meldrew66 said:

Clive: would I be able to board (Coach 1) at Dartford (i.e. Heath Lane) rather than Bexleyheath as it's probably slightly nearer and easier to park for me there? I had wrongly assume that 'Dartford' would be in the Centre, hence selecting 'Bexleyheath'.
    Don't know, there is no guarantee that each coach will pick-up at more than one location.
     Contact the club asap if you wish to change your pick-up point.
  • Options
    @clive

im on coach 1, but pick up times stated are for coach 2. Do you know if the times are the same for both coaches?
  • Options
    Is there no pick up from Kent?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    @clive

im on coach 1, but pick up times stated are for coach 2. Do you know if the times are the same for both coaches?
    No.
  • Options
    clive said:
    cafc4life said:
    @clive

No.
    clear as mud then
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Yes, nothing wrong with looking to cover the cost of the stewards etc. 
    I don’t really agree. Each coach is going to yield £750-£1,000 over and above the hire cost. On top of that the club will get 45% of the net ticket receipts (after allowable costs and VAT). Therefore the first priority is to get people to go to the game and sell the allocation.

If the club sells 200 car park places it will receive £500 net of VAT less the cost of administration. It can generate that from a fraction of a coach.

I don’t think £3 is terrible, although it means many people will park around the ground where they can. I just think it’s the wrong focus. They’d be much better off running an extra coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    meldrew66 said:
    clive said:
    meldrew66 said:

Don't know, there is no guarantee that each coach will pick-up at more than one location.
     Contact the club asap if you wish to change your pick-up point.
    The plan is to run from each main pick-up, with no runaround. I think they will stop taking bookings when they have filled what they are prepared to run. 
  • Options
    @Airman Brown

do you know if coach pick up times are the same for each coach? website times stated are for coach 2 but im on coach 1. Would it be safe to assume they would be the same and from the same place?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    cafc4life said:
    @Airman Brown

do you know if coach pick up times are the same for each coach? website times stated are for coach 2 but im on coach 1. Would it be safe to assume they would be the same and from the same place?
    Yes. It’s 12.30 everywhere except for a bit of running time from Bromley, Gravesend and Larkfield. I put that in for any sweeping up  but it appears they are just going to fill pick-ups and shut them.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    @Airman Brown

Yes.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Each coach going directly to Old Trafford suggests no multiple pick ups for any coach.
    I expect that at least one will do Canterbury, Larkfield etc etc. The other at 12.30pm will just run from the one pick up point. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    @clive

I would'nt assume you are on coach one necessarily as I think that was probably just a system thing for booking as people were booking on 'coach 1' from multiple pick up points and as we now know the Bexleyheath coaches will just be departing from there, Dartford just Dartford etc so it's just as likely you will be on coach 12 for example.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    clive said:
    meldrew66 said:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    @clive

I would'nt assume you are on coach one necessarily as I think that was probably just a system thing for booking as people were booking on 'coach 1' from multiple pick up points and as we now know the Bexleyheath coaches will just be departing from there, Dartford just Dartford etc so it's just as likely you will be on coach 12 for example.
    Yeah fair enough. I’ve booked to go from Eltham so will see what happens on the day 
  • Options
    clive said:

Charlton supporters taking a club coach to the team’s Carabao Cup quarter-final tie with Manchester United at Old Trafford on Tuesday, January 10th will be able to park at The Valley.

Pick-up points and times are listed below, with all services set to go directly to Old Trafford. 

Larkfield: 12.00pm

Bromley: 12.00pm

Gravesend: 12.15pm

Dartford: 12.30pm

Bexleyheath: 12.30pm

Eltham: 12.30pm

Charlton: 12.30pm

Supporters can purchase a place on a Valley Away coach, which costs £30, here.

Due to high demand, the club will have stewards on hand to manage the parking at The Valley with toilets also open for supporters.

Car parking at The Valley costs £3 and a car parking pass can be purchased here.

Full ticketing information for the quarter-final tie can be found here.

Christ almighty…..that’s cutting things fine for Larkfield.🫣
  • Options
    Three quid to park at the valley. It's amazing how the club tries to squeeze every last penny out of supporters whilst we are in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Fans won't get a lot of change from £100 for this trip. Give us a break Charlton. I thought the club was trying to get fans back inside. This is not the way to do it.