Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for Pompey

Our smaller than usual group hope to meet up for a spot of lunch & the essential drink or three before a Charlton match, on Sunday.

Last season we booked a table at a local pub & were then able to walk to Fratton Park before KO. On a main road into the area of the Ground, big car park at the front.

Problem is, we can't remember the name of it but it was choc full of Addicks which made for a great atmosphere ....until we heard that Mason Burstow had left for  Chelsea. 

If anyone can help with this it would make a very depressed old wrinkly slightly happier than she felt last night.

Comments

• Options
    Look for Fratton Park on Google Maps and you may find it
  • Options
    Will do, Derek, thanks.
  • Options
    Our smaller than usual group hope to meet up for a spot of lunch & the essential drink or three before a Charlton match, on Sunday.

Last season we booked a table at a local pub & were then able to walk to Fratton Park before KO. On a main road into the area of the Ground, big car park at the front.

Problem is, we can't remember the name of it but it was choc full of Addicks which made for a great atmosphere ....until we heard that Mason Burstow had left for  Chelsea. 

If anyone can help with this it would make a very depressed old wrinkly slightly happier than she felt last night.
    I went there a couple of years ago and it sounds like good companion or great companion about 10 minute walk to the ground.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fantastic, Thanks, clive.

However, it seems I'm not the early bird today as no tables available  until late afternoon....

Anyone have further suggestions, please ? 

• Options
    I know this will probably upset some people, it’s not intended to but after Thursdays shit show and all the moaning in the aftermath, why are people going?
  • Options
    I know this will probably upset some people, it’s not intended to but after Thursdays shit show and all the moaning in the aftermath, why are people going?
    It’s called supporting your club through thick and thin, good times and bad times etc etc 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    At a guess, because they want to.

Why do you continue to post on here?
    Well of course your right but then why moan afterwards about how awful it was?

Surely the penny has to drop at some point?

While I rarely go these day, the club are still in my heart but not to the point of putting myself through a shower of shit week after week!

As I’ve said repeatedly, I’ve done my time over 50 years blah blah. So none of this support your team through thick and thin, been there done it, thanks!
  • Options
    It’s called supporting your club through thick and thin, good times and bad times etc etc 
    See above!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on 
  • Options
    Fantastic, Thanks, clive.

However, it seems I'm not the early bird today as no tables available  until late afternoon....

Anyone have further suggestions, please ? 

We have often gone to Wetherspoons in Havant (The Parchment Makers) and then got the train to Fratton, it is one stop (8 mins) on the fast train and 3 stops (12 mins) on a slow one, also another Wetherspoons in Fratton Road (The John Jaques) about 15 mins walk from the ground.
  • Options
    The Lady Hamilton by Portsmouth Harbour Station was always good value.
  • Options
    For the last three games at leastnwe have drunk at The Shepherds Crook. Very close to the away end and it welcomes home and away fans - always a nice atmosphere. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

While I rarely go these day, the club are still in my heart but not to the point of putting myself through a shower of shit week after week!

As I’ve said repeatedly, I’ve done my time over 50 years blah blah. So none of this support your team through thick and thin, been there done it, thanks!
    I have been going for that long but respect everyone that goes. No one stopped us from going in the 70s when it was really shit and when you didn't know whether you would end up in hospital..
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The game is the reason to go, friends and beer are the enjoyable part.
  • Options
    I'm afraid that the 2 of us have been doing a good impression of MrOneLung  since returning home from Oxford so sadly, won't be leaving our warm, comfy sofa tomorrow after all. 

Please give the lads a shout from us, those making the trip.