Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Thursday 29 December 2022 7:45pm

edited December 2022 in General Charlton

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Ness, Lavelle, Thomas; Clare, Payne, Dobson (c), Henry, Chin; Stockley, Kanu

Subs: Harness, Inniss, Fraser, Rak-Sakyi, Blackett-Taylor, Campbell, Leaburn

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Ness, Lavelle, Thomas; Clare, Payne, Dobson (c), Henry, Chin; Stockley, Kanu

Can’t see how we score with that team . 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    COYR

⚪️ Four changes for the Addicks
    ⚪️ Dobson captains the side
    ⚪️ Thomas, Chin, Henry and Stockley all start

🔴⚪️ #cafc
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Really looking forward to this one, could be an interesting front two pairing with Stockers and Kanu, and can see us getting the win we so desperately need,+ clean sheet...0-2..COYR
  • Options
    Selections are all over the place hoping one clicks and works 
  • Options
    Honestly, this had better be the darkest-before-dawn moment. I don't know if this is even going to be watchable. I'll still watch it, but
  • Options
    Glad to see Henry getting an opportunity 

Kanu too after his very good second half on Saturday 
  • Options
    We are shit and we are even more shit when Sessegnon does not play.

Be interesting to see if that team can compete, but I must be honest I am fearful. 
  • Options
    Oxford: McGinty, Anderson, Moore, Long, Brown, McGuane, Bate, Brannagan, Murphy, Taylor, Bodin

Subs: Plumley, Findlay, Jones, Goodrham, Wildschut, O’Donkor, Seddon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Not the strongest of teams but that's where we're at!

Glad Thomas is back. He's looked decent. 

Sad to see Jayden starting. I don't like watching him play and never have. He's not a Charlton striker and shouldn't be here. Sooner he's gone, the better. 

JRS on the bench for second game running under this manager. Palace will be taking note. 

Interesting that Henry's got his start. Was said on here that he's not signing a contract because he wants to play. Time to prove you should be playing, then!
  • Options
    Cameron Brannagan is going to make Aaron Henry cry
  • Options
    That’s a very weak side
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s that surprising given we’re playing three games in six days.

Would imagine the team will look much more settled by mid January.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Hopefully we see a different Stockley today, with the weight of the armband off of him. 

Actually thought he won a good number of headers when coming off the bench against Peterborough which was marked improvement.

Hopeful that we can see more of that…
  • Options
    Plenty of positions needs strengthening but none more so than left back. Chin and Clare have both struggled playing on the left. I wonder which of them it'll be?
  • Options
    I don’t think it’s that surprising given we’re playing three games in six days.

Would imagine the team will look much more settled by mid January.
    Yes pretty sure that's why the changes. Suspectmore for Pompey.
  • Options
    Fuck me that is an even more piss poor team than I envisaged.

Chin on the left.
    Payne playing.
    Leaburn rested for Donkley

Meh

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Not really a surprise to me to see that line up with three games in seven days, injuries, players who struggle to play 90 minutes and protecting players who are likely to be on the move in the transfer window. Here’s hoping the players being given their chance tonight grab it with two hands and we get something from the game COYRs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sean Clare will score against his old club tonight, I can feel it
  • Options
    So Curbs not well, and Pierce joins in the studio chat with Brownie, get well Curbs, and lets get behind the lads tonight, all this negativity is not needed, we are where we are, so support what we have tonight..
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    aliwibble said:

Can’t see how we score with that team . 
    This.

Bench is much more attack minded. 3 wingers/attacking wide men sat there until 65 mins. And the joint goal scorers are amongst the bench too. In the League the starting line up probably has around half a dozen between them !
  • Options
    Wait wtf didn't realise we're on tonight!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Didnt realise this was a Papa Johns game
    You joke mate, but that’s where it feels like we are. Our squad is a disaster zone at the moment. No idea how shite Oxford are but got zero confidence of that tonight 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Wait wtf didn't realise we're on tonight!
    Not proper Charlton, all fixtures should be on your kitchen calendar and in your phone 😉.
    They used to be, but recent years have somewhat dampened me from being a fanatic to a follower.
  • Options
    Could be a rout tonight with that line-up!

4-0 Oxford. 
  • Options
    Hopefully Chin will do better as left wing back with 3 in defence behind him. Will be interesting to see how well Henry does in midfield in place of Fraser, and what the thinking is around the substitutions. Have to admit I'm not feeling especially optimistic though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!