Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Xmas Thread: Christmas Day drinking

What’s whetting your whistle today.?

Comments

• Tia Maria and Baileys
  • edited December 2022
    Charity.
    Nice girl.
  • A couple of bottles of Buck’s Fizz with breakfast. No 1 son and I have sampled the whisky presents (a Bowmore 12 yr old, a Caol Isla 12 year old and a Gentleman Jack). A brief snooze and lunch will be accompanied by a Musselpot Sauvignon Blanc and a Cabalié. Then the whiskies will no doubt come into play again. Hic. 

• Already done a bottle of English Sparkling Wine for morning cocktails, these for dinner, wondering what to have until the food’s on the table. 
  • Cherry Pepsi Max
  • Guinness to start things off. 
  • Couple of glasses of champagne earlier, now on Hoegaarden until lunch. Wine with dinner, followed by Kir Royals. Not sure what we’re having later but probably more beer and maybe Cointreau 

• Part of my Brewdog Advent Calendar. 
  • For me - a glass of something red and full bodied that I am yet to pick from the rack.

wife will be burying a bottle of Reisling currently in the fridge

mother in law will undoubtedly be mine-sweeping anything that’s open

father in law will be demolishing my cider collection 

Kids will be buzzing on something carbonated

• Pepsi MAX on the rocks
  • Sponsored links:

• Bucks Fizz so far, got through 4 bottles of prosecco between 6 of us. Will be on wine with dinner, port with the cheese after then whiskey in the evening
  • Started with a warninks advocaat (is this only ever drunk at Christmas?) as trying to introduce the kids to alcohol and this was my entry point (apart from my Grandads Long Life).

then onto Hofmeister Keg with brother in law. Will move on to wine for dinner after which I will become the Christmas grinch and count down the hours until everyone f*cks off.
  • edited December 2022
    Bucks fizz gone, now on this very tasty sipping rum.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Bucks fizz gone, now on this very tasty sipping rum.

Looks nice that 
  • bucks fizz for breakfast, a bottle of chateauneuf-du-pape with lunch, a couple of strawberry and lime rekorderligs as I nod off in front of the tv and an evening with baileys and a rather nice looking which chocolate and raspberry cream liqueur
  • A bottle of Timothy Taylor’s just been opened for my first of the day. Some decent Rioja is not too far behind.
  • A bottle of Caballié, a red Laithwaite's staple, and very drinkable. Christmas pudding still to come so about to open a chilled half bottle of Rivesaltes. Lovely.
  • Packed up the sauce new years day so first sober Xmas since about 94. 

Been on the 0.0% smashed pale ale and 0.0% guinness. Both been tip top.
    The guinness 0/0 is excellent. Days pale ale also very good and a quid a bottle in Tesco just now
  • Sponsored links:

• Packed up the sauce new years day so first sober Xmas since about 94. 

Don’t usually like the 0% but had a Shipyard 0% a couple of weeks ago and barely noticed the difference 
  • IdleHans said:
    Packed up the sauce new years day so first sober Xmas since about 94. 

The guinness 0/0 is excellent. Days pale ale also very good and a quid a bottle in Tesco just now
    Yeah the market has massively moved on and guinness was the one I thought I would miss but this is great stuff. Expect in next 5 years there'll be the odd non alc draft pump in pubs as seems to be a big demand.
  • Think I made a mistake with Guinness and beef. I’ll know more tomorrow 
    A dirty dark one first thing.
    Yule time log 🪵 
    Completed it
  • Despite my wife telling me otherwise I didn’t think I was that bad yesterday. That was until just now when I was turned away from the East Stand turnstyle because I booked the West Lower by mistake.

The good news is I’m in the right area, just the opposite side of the stadium.

The bad news is I’ve paid £33 for a restricted view seat.