Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Biggest Charlton Cup win

I think tonight’s gotta be up there, bigger than Blackburn away?

Comments

• Options
    Blackburn away all the way for me. Winning in open play is how it should be done. Away from home too, at top of the league, with the club generally on the up in that period.

Tonight felt incidental in the bigger picture for me. Maybe a n important confidence booster but nothing too glorious in beating an out of sorts Brighton at home on pens at the moment.
  • Options
    I think tonight’s gotta be up there, bigger than Blackburn away?
    Not for me, Blackburn away was immense and there were some stars on the pitch that night 
  • Options
    Must be one of the, if not the, biggest gap in league standings we’ve over come? 55 places in the ladder (7th vs 62nd)? 
  • Options
    Blackburn Away. Coventry Away (3-2) was also a cracker.
  • Options
    Blackburn easily. Though like tonight, attending was a call of duty - zero expectation of actually getting anything from the game.
  • Options
    Blackburn Away. Coventry Away (3-2) was also a cracker.
    Good call with Coventry, Chelsea away on pens as well. 

Agree on Blackburn being the best, though wonder if age / era plays a part with that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The biggest shock for a long time certainly, when you consider our lowly position and crap form, whereas in 1993/94 we were playing well near the top of the second tier.
  • Options
    Sorry, just read the thread title again.  Couldn’t bring myself to delete it though.
  • Options
    Only team outside the PL in the QFs and the only London side too. Who would have thought that for a side renowned for early round Cup exit in recent years!
  • Options
    Only team outside the PL in the QFs and the only London side too. Who would have thought that for a side renowned for early round Cup exit in recent years!
    Especially with our PATHETIC record in the League/EFL Cup. The QF is as far as we have ever got in the competition.
  • Options
    Wednesday in the cup, when they were premier league, 95/96 I think. That's the only other one I can think of
  • Options
    Chelsea in the League Cup 2005.

Sheffield Wednesday Away in the FA Cup Fifth Round in 2014. Long live Simon Church.
  • Options
    It probably has to be Blackburn or Chelsea. There's really not much else to include.

But Coventry away was my favourite. 
  • Options
    last time we got this far in the league cup we had 3 managers and got relegated 
    Thanks for that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    It probably has to be Blackburn or Chelsea. There's really not much else to include.

But Coventry away was my favourite. 
    Cracking day that - everyone in the Highfield Arms I think the pub was called.. Cracking atmosphere.. I remember that Coventry fan getting a good hiding, when he celebrated in our end.
  • Options
    Chelsea vs Charlton 2005 Carling Cup. Was in the home end sitting on my hands for most of the match. Happy times.
  • Options
    Pompey away in the replay. 0-0 on the Saturday and a few days later trekking down to the south coast to find ourselves stuck in a packed Pompey crowd and looking like there were few Charlton fans there…and celebrating a 3-0 win
  • Options
    Eight goals at Stevenage in front thousands of Addicks
  • Options
    1968/69 season, Palace away in the replay. With thousands of others having parked the car miles away because the traffic was going nowhere we walked, got there just after it had kicked off and witnessed a superb 2-0 win for the mighty Addicks, or Valiants as we had become known as. What a season
    That was my first season of attending regularly and my first away game.....second was Arsenal....happy days, great memories.
  • Options
    Blackburn away in my time following the Addicks. Oh what a night.....
  • Options
    Blackburn was a fantastic night, but a small shout for Sheff Weds at The Valley in 96. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Must be one of the, if not the, biggest gap in league standings we’ve over come? 55 places in the ladder (7th vs 62nd)? 
    I think it's the biggest upset.  When you consider where we are.

2 clean sheets against that Blackburn team, the come back at Coventry the only team to beat Jose at home for about 15 years, playing Wednesday off the park all get honorable mentions.