Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maidstone

I am currently over from Australia, and am staying in Maidstone with kids. Against my better judgement, I have been badgered into taking them to the Valley tomorrow night, and am wondering if I am better driving up or training it from one of the three Maidstone stations? Is there much parking arou d the Valley these days?

Comments

• Options
    brownbear said:
    I am currently over from Australia, and am staying in Maidstone with kids. Against my better judgement, I have been badgered into taking them to the Valley tomorrow night, and am wondering if I am better driving up or training it from one of the three Maidstone stations? Is there much parking arou d the Valley these days?

Train from Maidstone is a pain, No direct route so involves changes and not the least expensive as well. 

My suggestion is to get the Valley Express coach. Call or look on the website. 
  • Options
    brownbear said:

Game is Wednesday mate but do yourself a favour take the kids somewhere else even shopping will be better 
  • Options
    Maidstone Barracks to Strood and train from there is an option.

But if you have a car I'd drive it mate.  Parking is't the easiest in the world but it is much more comfortable

Enjoy the game
  • Options
    What car are you driving, if it is hired you will be ok,  otherwise make sure it meets the requirements of the  ULEZ. I personally would drive to Dartford and park in the Station car park and catch the train from there.
  • Options
    The Medway Valley line from Maidstone West or Barracks to Strood and then change for Charlton is the only way without going into London and back out. But it's a non starter for evening games unless you leave the match early as the last train you can get is 2135 out of Charlton.

I live just outside of Maidstone and it's a real pain midweek but because the Medway Valley line is not directly served by London the trains finish earlier. So as others have said driving is probably your best option.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    What car are you driving, if it is hired you will be ok,  otherwise make sure it meets the requirements of the  ULEZ. I personally would drive to Dartford and park in the Station car park and catch the train from there.
    I think the parking is only £1:50 from dartford at that time of night
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice chaps, looks like we'll be drving up then!!

Just need to find somewhere to park the bloody car now!!

• Options
    brownbear said:

Harvey gardens from 18.30 free
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    brownbear said:

Get there early and park on one of the industrial estates. They look like a places where you won’t have a car when you come back but I think you’ll be ok. 
  • Options
    i'd drive personally, normally lots of parking within 5-10 mins near the ground
  • Options
    Yes take them tomorrow, it will be far less disappointing than taking them on Wednesday. 
    Has anyone got a cloth so I can wipe this egg off my face?  :D  
  • Options
    How was it @brownbear