Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Probably the Greatest ever game….

Second only to Wembley 1998 .CAFC

Comments

• Not a touch on 5-4 v Cardiff.
  • The Ipswich 4-4 this season was better.
  • Or 7-6 v Huddersfield…
  • Or 4-3 v Aston Villa…
  • Or the first Charlton Sunderland final
  • edited December 2022
    The Ipswich 4-4 this season was better.
    As was the 4-4 with Ipswich in 1990 (?)
  • And the 5-5 draw with Bristol rovers late 70s
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw from 60 minutes onwards.  What drama, I thought the frogs would go on and win once they equalised but fair play to Messitina.
    For a game of this importance this was up there.
    I cannot stand international football but do realise my apathy is in the .0% minority.
    As an aside, St Andrews '87 for me.
  • Or 4-3 v Aston Villa…
    This 
  • I saw from 60 minutes onwards.  What drama, I thought the frogs would go on and win once they equalised but fair play to Messitina.
    I cannot stand international football but do realise my apathy is in the .0% minority.
    Hmm, do you not think that there's a charm to international football: can't buy players (on the whole), only train together a few weeks a year, few games a year, relatively little money, playing for pride? I think it is quite pure.
  • 2019 Headingley Ashes 
  • Definitely the best WC final I have seen, and my first was 1974, but not the best game. Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle was the best game I've seen on TV. Best live game was the first play off v Sunderland. 
  • It’s was good for a World Cup final but not even in the top 100 games of all time . 
    Italy v Brazil in '82?
  • Sponsored links:

Hmm, do you not think that there's a charm to international football: can't buy players (on the whole), only train together a few weeks a year, few games a year, relatively little money, playing for pride? I think it is quite pure.
    F*** 'em, mercenary money grabbing b*******.

Club before country all day long.
    F*** 'em, mercenary money grabbing b*******.

Club before country all day long.
    Funny, assuming you are joking. If not, then I don't get it.
  • France losing on penalties 😂 😂 😂  
  • It’s was good for a World Cup final but not even in the top 100 games of all time . 
    But of the top 100 games of all time it was, probably, number 1. 
  • If there are 100 games that are better than that, then they certainly wouldn’t have carried anywhere near the gravitas going into it.

Been a long time since we had a game that felt absolutely seismic in the history of football going into it. The fact that it then went and over-delivered to that sort of extent is astounding.

Can count on one hand a game of that importance that truly lived up to the hype.
  • It was pony ffs.
    But had an hilarious ending 🤣🤣
  • City v Spurs in the CL was better than that.
  • Not even close to the greatest game ever.

France didn’t have a single meaningful attempt on goal for over 70 minutes. 
  • Mametz said:
    Not even close to the greatest game ever.

France didn’t have a single meaningful attempt on goal for over 70 minutes. 
    And then lost on penalties 😂 😂 😂 
  • If your old enough to have seen England win the 1966 World Cup, and are an England supporter, this must be it.