Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Stockley flicks the ball sideways and they have a corner
  • Corner crossed in low, we clear wide left for a throw.
  • edited December 2022
    Rovers with a bit of possession, free kick, corner, throw and yet another free kick. Haven't looked like troubling in that time but they're getting a hold of the ball more. Half time coming at the right time for us.
  • Chunes said:
    We've crossed the ball about 13 times this half and not one of them has gone near Stockley 
    Our wide players have the crossing accuracy of Stevie Wonder on a gun range
  • HT 1-0, should be more but ok...more of the same second half please
  • Nice pressure from JRS and Fraser, but Fraser concedes a free kick near the touchline midway in their half. AMB collects the ball in the air easily, hoofs downfield and the ref blows for half time. 1-0
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AMB reminemds me of when I try to hit a left foot deadball. 

All kinds of awkward.
    Are you Dana in disguise?
    Does understanding this show my age?
  • Very good first half. Dominated. Got the goal after forcing some good saves. Got pegged back a bit but didn't break. More of the same in the second half. It'll be important that we press in the second half. We need a second goal. But a lot of positives to build on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Far too wasteful - should be well ahead.
  • Clearly playing quicker than before, with a lot of emphasis on getting the ball down the flanks through the channels and reverse passes from the centre.

We look pretty good (seemed to take the foot of The Gas at the end though) but they are absolutely dogshit aren't they?
  • Some really good, dominant football from us. Only disappointment is not being 2/3 even 4 up with some of the chances we've had! Need a second goal early on in the second half to knock them down a peg and allow us to bring this win home 
  • Loving the half time chat with Nelson, great humour
  • Dazzler21 said:
    AMB reminemds me of when I try to hit a left foot deadball. 

All kinds of awkward.
    Are you Dana in disguise?
    Does understanding this show my age?
    I'm afraid that there's the pair of us in it....
  • Chunes said:
    We've crossed the ball about 13 times this half and not one of them has gone near Stockley 
    You mean Stockley hasn't got anywhere near them, sometimes I do wonder what he offers...
    I think that's being unfair on Stockley. Fraser, and CBT have overhit balls on more that one occasion.
  • Long way to go yet though, but if thats the sort of performance we can expect on a regular basis under Hayes / Pearce then I wont be complaining about something more permanent... One of the few I think who wasnt disappointed when they got given the role on a caretaker basis.
  • aliwibble said:
    Chunes said:
    You mean Stockley hasn't got anywhere near them, sometimes I do wonder what he offers...
    I think that's being unfair on Stockley. Fraser, and CBT have overhit balls on more that one occasion.
    Fair do's...50/50 maybe
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Evans, shame we didnt sign him in the summer

Isnt afraid to shoot, and wasnt far away with his third (?) effort from outside the area
    Been very impressive. Did we try to sign him?
  • We will win,
    we will win,
    a clean sheet win,
    we will winnnn
  • I like this role for Payne. Gets very close to Stockley and makes runs beyond him. Got the energy to keep doing it as well. 
  • Deserved lead, but we need the second to be safe. Especially as I predicted a 2-1 win
  • 😂😂 Nelson comparing the crossbar challenge attempt with Kane in the WC...😂
  • Loving the half time chat with Nelson, great humour
    I really like Nelson, he is a really keen watcher of the game. 
  • I like Evans, shame we didnt sign him in the summer

Isnt afraid to shoot, and wasnt far away with his third (?) effort from outside the area
    Been very impressive. Did we try to sign him?
    He was out of contract @ Rovers

The commentary team mentioned someone was linked in the summer around the time of his last shot so presumed it was him - Think his name popped up on here as well a few times (before he signed a new deal), so not sure how concrete it ever really was.

• Coutts is a banker to score today 
    The way he playacted an injury in front of the Curbs Stand, he's definitely a banker
  • Enjoyed that first half. Long may it continue.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!