Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina v France .. Sunday December 18 2022 .. World Cup Final

Reports that quite a few French players are suffering from a cold/flu bug, this after a couple missed the semi with similar symptoms

World Cup 2022: Ill France players 'staying in their rooms' - BBC Sport

Comments

• Options
    As a final it doesn’t get much worse really, does it. Can’t they both lose 😩
    I think Argies v The Germans would pip it and that’s about it!
  • Options
    Absolutely hoping Messi's Argentina win.
    Could not stand the 'disinterested' French winning.
    Should be a cracking game.
  • Options
    Come on France 
  • Options
    Really hope France win as I don’t want Argentina anywhere near the trophy. I want to see Messi crying at the final whistle.

Disappointed watching Mbappe throw himself to the ground several times in the semi conning the ref so hope he cuts that out.
  • Options
    Argentina for me hate the frogs 
  • Options
    Messi to crown himself the GOAT
    Genuinely the best of my lifetime
    Works hard
    Team-mates, fans and press adore him
    Cmon the Argies
    Plus he isn't French!

• Options
    Agree with the Organiser. No way could I support either team.

• Options
    Couldn't care less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worst possible final for me.
    Detest them both in equal measure. 
  • Options
    Absolutely hoping Messi's Argentina win.
    Could not stand the 'disinterested' French winning.
    Should be a cracking game.
    Same for me, i don't care much at all for Argentina, i just think Messi deserves it to crown his career after bringing them this far. Plus the majority of these French players have already won a world cup. 
  • Options
    Definitely Argentina for me - their fans have been so passionate and it would make for a more memorable tournament for Messi to finish by lifting the trophy. Shame so many people can't put aside historical grievances and just enjoy the football.
  • Options
    Don't like either. But love Messi. Watching him play throughout his career has bought me a lot of joy, that's what footballs all about. 

And being a Charlton fan and saying the word joy in the same sentence is few and far between. 
  • Options
    Want to see Messi win it
  • Options
    I'm not fan of either but if I had to pick it would be the French by a nose. 
  • Options
    We all dislike Argentina for what occurred in the 90s and the fact that they are usually the opposite to Brazil. Dark arts as opposed to the beautiful game. However as a player I detested the arrogant midget Deschamps, this dislike still lingers long into management.and I hate seeing his smug face smile.
  • Options
    Want to see Messi win it, want to see Argentina | France lose - Hopefully a giant Seagull will swoop in just as they're about the KO, pinch the only ball in the country (Qatar have ran out of money) and fly off, shitting on Infantino's head
    Is there a market on this @bobmunro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I have Argentina in the work sweepstake, I am naturally hoping they win. 
  • Options
    I had two bets left, one on Argentina to win, the other on France to win. 
    I've cashed out Argentina and am sticking with France. If I've got that wrong I will feel like a bit of a plank.
  • Options
    Won't bother watching it at 2am kick off. 

Prefer the Frogs to the Argies but won't be broken hearted either way. 

Hope Morocco secure third place though. 
  • Options
    It's like s Millwall v Palace FA Cup final. You want both teams to lose. As you can't have a favourite you can just watch the game as s complete neutral. I'd love to see penalties and some of the worst culprits break and miss under pressure.
  • Options
    I'd rather France than Argentina, though I'd have preferred neither of them!
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    We all dislike Argentina for what occurred in the 90s and the fact that they are usually the opposite to Brazil. Dark arts as opposed to the beautiful game. However as a player I detested the arrogant midget Deschamps, this dislike still lingers long into management.and I hate seeing his smug face smile.
    And the 80s…
  • Options
    And the 70s
  • Options
    And the 60s
  • Options
    both countries tend to 'export' most of their top talents and I wonder if this makes for a stronger bond amongst their players, absence makes the heart grow fonder, boys reunion, diaspora nationalism and all that stuff
    like most here I don't care for either country, though the French are the less obnoxious of the two .. some great players on show, potentially a super game though given the prize it'll be cagey at least until one team scores .. France after extra time
  • Options
    SporadicAddick said:
    cfgs said:
    And the 80s…

Old brain typo I obviously meant the 80s