Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Launch of the Addicks' Charter

2»

Comments

• very laudable, but that is a BIG wish list .. let's hope it all comes to pass very soon
  • edited December 2022
    Can anyone really see Thomas agreeing to this, and actually mean it, because I can't, he is just so full of bullshit and self importance that it will be "yeah sure" and then forgotten as soon as he leaves the room, nice idea, and I agree with what has been written, but I can't see it becoming a sincere reality no matter who the owner is..🤷‍♂️
  • I like the fact that this isn't specific to TS and isn't just a list of things we don't like about what he does. Makes it easier when talking to him about it to point to things in it where he's been an improvement on previous owners (eg he understood the importance of the Valley from the beginning, where some other owners have considered moving). Also it makes it more relevant when the next owners are taking over, whether that's imminent or years in the future, as they will have seen this before getting involved and will know where CAST stands. Good piece of work which captures much of what I think despite me having had no input into the drafting of it.
  • edited December 2022
    Quite clearly things are going on in the background

Sandgaard could make this very easy for himself and us and avoid anymore rumours and abuse towards him and his family being ramped up

simply turn up tonight say he has tried but things havent worked out and he is looking at moving on and selling up soon but no promises as to when exactly atm 

thats all we need to hear but will he be sensible enough to just be honest and say it
  • edited December 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Nice idea, but I can't see how this will have any effect. TS will say yes no problem and there's no real tangible way you can track this. 
    My thoughts exactly. Just feels like a waste of time attempting this with TS in charge.
    My reading of the situation: it’s less about forcing him to change (although that would be great) and more about setting our stall out so that when more evidence leaks he has failed to meet one or multiple items on the charter, the supporters can point to it and tell TS “we warned you”.

If we leap into protests immediately without setting up these necessary steps first, we’ll get a reputation among the wider football community (who let’s face it, won’t care to look too deeply into what’s been going on under TS) as a fanbase that’s never happy no matter who is in charge.
  • seth plum said:
    Along with the unsung @razil of this parish, along with a small hardy band of others like @PopIcon and those I apologise for not mentioning, we had the first meetings of the trust, in places like the Beehive public house, or the Oak.
    Must be around ten years ago now.
    It is absolutely not a money making group seeking validation by hanging around the movers and shakers of the club, but a very decent collective self assembled then elected, entirely with the best hopes for Charlton Athletic at it’s heart.
    For £5 a year it is the best Charlton Athletic bargain any serious supporter could get.
    @seth plum you are the genuine unsung article mate.
  • I like it - well done lads and lasses! 
  • stonemuse said:
    So what are the consequences if the owner breaches the charter?

Is there an answer to this?
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

The essence of the charter will be put to Thomas Sandgaard at the Fans’ Forum today. If he can’t commit to this, we can’t commit to him.

Thats what the Trust says.

So I imagine there will be further discussions about how to show that going forward if necessary 🤔
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

The essence of the charter will be put to Thomas Sandgaard at the Fans’ Forum today. If he can’t commit to this, we can’t commit to him.

So I imagine there will be further discussions about how to show that going forward if necessary 🤔
    Many thanks … but seems rather vague to be honest. 

I appreciate these efforts but am doubtful that if he signed up to the charter, then reneged on it, that anything could actually happen … apart from protests.  

There seems to be no real accountability on the owners side.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you listening Sandgaard? 👂🏻👂🏻
    Probably not. I don’t think he’s got a CL account.
  • As said elsewhere, i think it helps define the relationship, whether that provides grounds for protest or dialogue, it gives clarity in those terms now and in future. We haven't had that before.

In a similar way the charter could also help with squabbles in the fan-base. which have hampered us in the past, as there'll be more clarity as to what the collective starting position actually is.
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

I appreciate these efforts but am doubtful that if he signed up to the charter, then reneged on it, that anything could actually happen … apart from protests.  

What are you expecting to happen if he were to renege on any of the charter commitments? Death penalty? 

We need to be realistic, save any intervention from the  government (which I really don’t expect), building accountability amongst ownership is going to be a long process - probably one that will take longer than Sandgaard’s tenure as owner. Putting the Charter in place now could be a foundational building block in that process.
  • se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

What are you expecting to happen if he were to renege on any of the charter commitments? Death penalty? 

We need to be realistic, save any intervention from the  government (which I really don’t expect), building accountability amongst ownership is going to be a long process - probably one that will take longer than Sandgaard’s tenure as owner. Putting the Charter in place now could be a foundational building block in that process.
    Very good … sarcasm always helps build understanding … zzzzzzzzzz
  • The consequence is that Thomas now knows as a fanbase (his ‘audience’) we will be actively mobilising to make him sell the club, that’s quite a statement.
  • Time to launch CATS 😜
  • Time to launch CATS 😜

😋
  • Make him sit through movie of same name..
  • edited December 2022
    Time to launch CATS 😜