Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Register here for meeting of fans on December 12th

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry it's a lot of hot air here, basically Sangaard should be told he is a grade one c**t and we want him to fuck off, enough said !!!!
    With you all the way Stevie. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    shirty5 said:
    How would fan ownership or representation work?

The fan based does not agree on anything (maybe TS out) and so I wonder how a decision would be made as to what the fans actually wanted. The two sides of the debate on the importance of a successful women's team to the Charlton family is an example.
    It’s a non starter. You only have to look at the reaction to Monday evening to know there is a split in the fanbase. 

This is not a new thing. It’s been going on for decades. 
     Well it absolutely shouldn't be.

As we reportedly go into another change of hands,would it not be prudent to have some high level of fan participation and engagement in the process?
    We again find our destiny in the Hands of egotistical  and frankly unhinged characters that quite clearly only have their own interests at the heart of every decision and action they continue take with OUR club.
    We hear this morning that there are apparently 4 offers on the table. The offer that is in the best interests of the club will not be considered if it stands in the way of their own personal financial gain.
    Do you really trust the likes of Sandgaard and Duchatelet to do right by us for once?
    If you do, then let the circus roll on to another bunch of clowns.
    If you dont, then put silly squabbles aside. Unite and put this football club first for a change.
  • Options
    Sorry it's a lot of hot air here, basically Sangaard should be told he is a grade one c**t and we want him to fuck off, enough said !!!!
    Agree 100%. But not in so many words. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The charter idea is excellent Possibly with some refinement. The meeting was handled very well throughout, although at 9:40 pm, I left it because it was dragging. If we can all agree on that charter, which essentially describes what we expect from the custodian of Charlton football club Then yes, any new custodian (owner) will already know what he or she or they are/is getting into. I don’t know how the fans partly owning a football club Will affect the Saleability of the club? I doubt very much whether we could afford a majority stake in the club, and what if it continues to lose money do we need to ask the fan base for more money? Other clubs seem to have good owners, which supposes that Charlton could have a good owner one day. I think Varney Is probably the best person to go and see with the charter and see what he thinks. You need somebody like him to go and find a new owner. I think Thursday’s meeting is simply going through the motions, and obviously Thomas will be affected by the fans disappointment with the current situation. I remember during a game at home during lockdown when some fans were allowed and he came onto the pitch to be interviewed in front of the East stand. He really does like the attention, and dare I say it, adulation. Remove that, and he is unlikely to enjoy being in the limelight at Charlton. What action he may take as a result of fans showing the dissatisfaction is an unknown, but I don’t think we should be frightened of this.

• Options
    Well done CAST