Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nose Hair.

Trim, Cultivate or take up Topiary?

I've just been talking to my neighbour who had the Amazon Rain Forest with accompanying primates swinging from hair to hair, coming out of his nose!

Personally I trim mine and attempt to get rid of altogether and find it hard to understand why others don't seem to be bothered?

How about you?

Comments

• Options
    Oh…..becomes a real problem the older you get.
    Trim mine regularly to the point where none is outwardly visible.
    I have a nose and ear hair trimmer attachment on my electric razor for this purpose.
    Then again, I always was a vain bastard. 🪒
  • Options
    I try to trim when one of my kids or my wife tell me there is a rogue paratrooper hanging  out

But nothing, and i mean nothing, can beat the pain of a nose hair trimmer that doesn't get the whole hair and just pulls them individually....

:'( 
  • Options
    Kurdish barbers I go do hot wax on sticks up nose. Keeps them clear for weeks 

Burn ear hair our n'all
  • Options
    Kurdish barbers I go do hot wax on sticks up nose. Keeps them clear for weeks 

Burn ear hair our n'all
    do they wax your fanny for you as well you big tart
    No need as I shave it meself.

:D  

let me know if your in the city and fancy a lemonade before Christmas mate 
  • Options
    Nose - pull them out but I tend not to get so much these days. Ears - the trimmer attachment on the shaver or my barber if I forget!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back of the neck too. 16 in one beard and hair trimmer does the trick
  • Options
    What about doing highlights on them?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    What about doing highlights on them?
    Mine are already highlighted naturally with various shades of grey and the odd dark one - I try to leave in place the latter!
  • Options
    Used to pluck but it made my nose go permanently red. And sometimes my nose hurts for ages after. Electric trimmer isn't as bad but still end up with a painful nose sometimes. Tried small scissors but that felt like a pathway to even more pain. 
  • Options
    Electric trimmer is the way to go. I'll never forget the day, was probably early 30's when I thought, what's that - only to pluck out a 1 inch black, thick hair from my nose. I could have cried (for more than one reason!)
  • Options
    I use the same principle as with all pubic hair, twist and pull.  Not when driving though  that's just Neanderthal.
  • Options
    Hot wax at the barbers for me 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I am thinking of starting off a new fashion craze by having them dyed bright colours like purple or red, you could even have your ear hair one colour….say bright purple and your nose hair bright yellow or thinking about it there are dozens of different combinations, including one nostril one colour and the other nostril another. 
    You could even do the same with ears making a total of four different colours…..the combinations are limitless.
    Could catch on given the right promotion and media coverage.
  • Options
    An extract from the thread on funny things kids say:

My great nephew during a rain break drawing pictures in the caravan. My sister: "What's that you've drawn Henry?" Henry: "It's me". My sister: "What are those long streaks coming out of your nose?" Henry: "Hair". My sister: "You haven't got nasal hair like that". Henry: "No, but Uncle cafcfan has and I want some."

I think I need to hone my plucking tekkers.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    An extract from the thread on funny things kids say:

My great nephew during a rain break drawing pictures in the caravan. My sister: "What's that you've drawn Henry?" Henry: "It's me". My sister: "What are those long streaks coming out of your nose?" Henry: "Hair". My sister: "You haven't got nasal hair like that". Henry: "No, but Uncle cafcfan has and I want some."

I think I need to hone my plucking tekkers.
    You know your his favourite uncle when he’s wanting nose hair just to be like you!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Electric trimmer is the way to go. I'll never forget the day, was probably early 30's when I thought, what's that - only to pluck out a 1 inch black, thick hair from my nose. I could have cried (for more than one reason!)
    Any recommendations on electric trimmers? I've tried one or two in the past, I think both were cheap and didn't seem to really work. 
  • Options
    You need look no further than Wahl.
  • Options
    Man or mouse @sillav nitram

Take a bunch of 'em betwixt thumb and forefinger and yank 'em out.  This is an operation that can be carried out whilst driving.  Who says men can't multitask?
    Try it on the 8.05 Sidcup to Charing cross 
  • Options
    Nose trimmers don't work for me, i try and pull some out but can be painful. Any other suggestions welcome? I haven't tried the barbers/ hot wax, i can imagine that is painful? Is there anything DIY other than trimmers that you can get? 
  • Options
    just take a lighter to them, bit pongy at first but it works
  • Options
    Local barber waxes my nose and ear hair for me every six weeks. 
    Can’t be doing with it, so happy to give him his £13.

*First time I went to him, I told him I was sick of constantly dealing with long hairs in my nose and that I had one so thick and long that if you pulled on it, the butler would come in. He pissed himself for five minutes at that. I didn’t tell him I nicked the line from Rik Mayall in Bottom*
    My barber does my ears by wax, told me he would do my nose next time….is it as painful on the nose as it sounds?
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Local barber waxes my nose and ear hair for me every six weeks. 
    Can’t be doing with it, so happy to give him his £13.

*First time I went to him, I told him I was sick of constantly dealing with long hairs in my nose and that I had one so thick and long that if you pulled on it, the butler would come in. He pissed himself for five minutes at that. I didn’t tell him I nicked the line from Rik Mayall in Bottom*
    My barber does my ears by wax, told me he would do my nose next time….is it as painful on the nose as it sounds?
    Im too scared to try this but kind of want to.  Sometimes the extraction of a nose hair is a lovely, satisfying experience.  Most of the time it’s an eye watering hellish experience