Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Holden - Jan 2024: now assistant manager at Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia (p46)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I, for one, have mocked the likes of Watford and their habitual changing of Manager but we've had almost as many appointments since March 2014. The next one will be number 13, I believe, in that time.
  • Options
    Amanda Holden would put bums on seats. Sod the football.
    I want whatever you are drinking 
  • Options
    1 Someone out of work and desperate to pay the energy bills.
    2 A non league manager.
    3 A journeyman

He better understand though that the fans who do actually go now won’t back him as he is a TS appointment and he has to be prepared to get the flick by the end of the season.

I can’t believe how far our club has fallen in such a short time. A loyal and vocal fan base that no longer goes and couldn’t give a toss, potentially a relegation battle in league one and a basket case of an owner who has the morals of a sewer rat.
  • Options
    If we'd beaten Cheltenham we'd only be 4 points from the play offs. Shows how tight the league is this season and poor that we are still that close after 20 games 
  • Options
    Not sure it really matters too much who gets it with working for TS , we seem to have gone down every type of manager bar the overseas route so far! We've had 2 club legends , the experienced man that's been out of the game but had promotions from this level and the young coach with a background from the PL but not a huge heap of experience as a No1. 

Find the odds list pretty uninspired but I think there's the pool we're fishing in , no one is going to leave a club for us knowing they could be out the door again in April/May so it's going to be mainly out of work managers that will be interested. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I honestly don't care who we bring in at this point.  I just want someone who can bring complete stability to the club.  At least until the end of the year. 
    And then more chaos in January?
  • Options
    We don’t just need a new manager and owner but a new modern ownership structure to end the cycle of decline.

- the club should be say, 50% owned by fans who put money into the club, with private investors owning the rest through shares.
    - we should have a non-executive chairman who appoints a Managing Director and ultimately the manager.
    - fans should be on the board with a real say in how the club is run 
    - a finance director should put in place a debt repayment plan and a 5-year plan for success
    - we must buy back the valley and training ground
    - we need to properly finance the women’s team to prepare for WSL status
    - we need to appoint people who really understand how to build revenue through sensible ticket pricing and commercial sales.

How can the fans gain control of the club we all love? Any campaign to achieve this needs to be bigger than CARD and ‘back to the valley’ put together. 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    1 Someone out of work and desperate to pay the energy bills.
    2 A non league manager.
    3 A journeyman

He better understand though that the fans who do actually go now won’t back him as he is a TS appointment and he has to be prepared to get the flick by the end of the season.

I can’t believe how far our club has fallen in such a short time. A loyal and vocal fan base that no longer goes and couldn’t give a toss, potentially a relegation battle in league one and a basket case of an owner who has the morals of a sewer rat.
    You forgot:

4. An immediate family member of the owner
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don’t just need a new manager and owner but a new modern ownership structure to end the cycle of decline.

- the club should be say, 50% owned by fans who put money into the club, with private investors owning the rest through shares.
    - we should have a non-executive chairman who appoints a Managing Director and ultimately the manager.
    - fans should be on the board with a real say in how the club is run 
    - a finance director should put in place a debt repayment plan and a 5-year plan for success
    - we must buy back the valley and training ground
    - we need to properly finance the women’s team to prepare for WSL status
    - we need to appoint people who really understand how to build revenue through sensible ticket pricing and commercial sales.

How can the fans gain control of the club we all love? Any campaign to achieve this needs to be bigger than CARD and ‘back to the valley’ put together. 

The difficulty of owning a club like Charlton is losses. I cannot see a time when we could break even and remain in the football league.

So as much as I'd love us to be fan owned either fully or in part, I just don't think it's realistic, sadly. Are fans going to stump up a few million every year to cover losses? `even if you get 10,000 investors that's somewhere in the £500-£1k a year each.

I've never been less bothered on who TS appoints, it really won't matter much. Whoever it will be won't get the backing to be able to perform and push us up the league.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Only two certainties about this. 1. The new manager won’t be backed and will be sacked/walk by the end of the season. 2.  I won’t like whoever it is. 

Don’t care anymore. Club is doomed unless a very unlikely change of ownership transpires. My “couldn’t give a f*** bucket” just reached full pebble capacity. We’ve become a not  particularly good soap opera. 

As for Garner, I never warmed to him in the first place.  Dunno why but to me he just didn’t have the pedigree or stature to be taken seriously. Sounded like the sort of guy who reads a couple of management books and out of the blue gets given Marks &Spencers to run. Also came across as a whinger too ready to blame anyone/everyone but himself.  Sure he got the bummest of bum deals from TS but he was gullible/cocksure enough to believe the bs he was spun in the first place. Hope he does well in wherever he goes but I won’t be following his career with much interest. 
  • Options
    Marc Bircham is a rumour I’ve heard???
  • Options
    If we'd beaten Cheltenham we'd only be 4 points from the play offs. Shows how tight the league is this season and poor that we are still that close after 20 games 
    Yeah and if we had won all of our games we would be promoted by now...
  • Options
    Appoint a caretaker manager then get out of our club

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    He is the favourite according to the Bookies.
  • Options
    Never heard of Dean Holden....googled him, I guess he'll do for now

as said above, pretty much makes no difference who our manager is unless they are backed (which they won't be)

even Pep or Klopp couldn't do anything with our squad
  • Options
    He has been out of football for a while; however, I would plump for dear Eddie Firmani.
  • Options
    Marc Bircham the bookies favourite.
    He’s first team coach at Italian second division team, Como.
    Their ‘President’ is…..Dennis Wise 

(x files music)  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who’s the Japan manager he’ll do 
  • Options
    Who’s the Japan manager he’ll do 
    we'd save some money on cleaners at least....
  • Options
    Martin interim “manager”
    it’s going to happen 🥴
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    RedRobin said:
    He is the favourite according to the Bookies.
    Hmmmm, just did a quick Google.

• Options
    Well, maybe the players need to be screamed at and beaten up, maybe they'll play better then
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Well, maybe the players need to be screamed at and beaten up, maybe they'll play better then
    104 appearances for Millwall, not for me haha.
  • Options
    I said it before.
    Sandgaard could make some money by selling one week ‘Charlton Manager Experiences’ for each game until the end of the season.
    Instead of paying a managers wages, they could pay him.
  • Options
    Whoever bought the Garner Golf Day experience at the auction last Thursday has some thinking to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I’ve definitely given up any hope of someone coming in who is going to get us promoted. We don’t have the players to even think about it. Right now I’d settle for someone who is capable of stopping us getting relegated. Boring basic football and survival the target. Kenny Jackett would do that I think. Too sensible for Sandgaard though. We’re bang in trouble unless a new owner is close.