Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Could it be because Garner introduced Jake Forster Caskey to first team league football of late, and that has cost Sandgaard money and he is pissed off?

I heard a couple of months ago now that Garner had, how do I put it, overridden a football decision of another member of staff that wasn't well received. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn the camp generally is far from harmonious. 
    Probably brought Chucks on for 20 minutes when he can only last 10!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I havent missed a game home or away either at the game or via the stream for years. After this that's it for me until the twat is gone and that is from someone who defended him but this is just plain stupid. I dread to think what the idiot is going to do next. 
    We need to get behind the players to avoid relegation 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    You wouldn't suffer watching us for any other reason, would he?
  • Options
    have never liked TS or his family, in his latter days RD was better for the club, feel sorry for Garner and hope he got a good pay off, however it is a good time to start a new manager with a transfer window soon, think of all those new loans we can have.
    Equally starved the manager of funds, and in the division above. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    mendonca said:
    Two very inexperienced caretakers - probably just how Sandgaards like it.
    Although I agree with you, Pearce has probably forgotten more about football than everyone on here have ever learnt. He was a leader on the pitch, even last season as a sub, he would stand in the corner instructing players.

im not happy with this situation but im
    glad that Pearce is involved. If Hayes is the tactical one, Pearce will hopefully be the motivator, the arm around the shoulder when needed and also the kick up the arse when needed.
    It still will not alter the fundamental problems. We will get the injured players back and results may well improve but the next crisis will be around the corner because of the underfunding imposed on the squad. Also, when we look at the timing of Garners sacking, does it not suit Sandgaard to replace a manager, a few weeks before the transfer window, a manager who wanted squad strengthening and openly said so, a manager whose place is now filled by caretaker managers who cannot argue for such a policy change? Sandgaard promised supporters and Garner that squad would be improved, he did an about turn in late summer and any manager brought in would now surely be told there will be no improvement in the squad.   
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:
    I havent missed a game home or away either at the game or via the stream for years. After this that's it for me until the twat is gone and that is from someone who defended him but this is just plain stupid. I dread to think what the idiot is going to do next. 
    With a cattle prod
  • Options
    Quite a few fans were a bit too quick to perform fellatio on Garner and at the same time happy to bury club legend Johnny Jackson whilst at it when in all honesty neither had a proper chance to mould a team of their liking .

Oh here we fucking go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a few fans were a bit too quick to perform fellatio on Garner and at the same time happy to bury club legend Johnny Jackson whilst at it when in all honesty neither had a proper chance to mould a team of their liking .

Oh here we fucking go..., down to League Two.
  • Options
    ro_addick said:

Oh here we fucking go..., down to League Two.
    .....yep, on the cards.
  • Options
    Personally think JJ getting the full time job was the easy option for TS at the time, but he got away with it with the blessing of most of the fans.

If TS was serious about a 5 year plan, or even a 10 year plan come to that, he would've invested in a more experienced head imo
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Gribbo said:
    Personally think JJ getting the full time job was the easy option for TS at the time, but he got away with it with the blessing of most of the fans.

If TS was serious about a 5 year plan, or even a 10 year plan come to that, he would've invested in a more experienced head imo
    Really? I don't think he ever wanted JJ. The fans practically forced Johnnie on him. People were angry that he took so long to give him the job. 
    That's how it come over, but it was very convenient weren't it
  • Options
    @Chunes do you think TS had another bod in mind then?

Someone who he'd either have to pay compo for, or out of contract "well known" face who'd presumably cost quite a bit more than the caretaker manager / former player.

Would love to know who he was lining up instead of JJ at the time, if anybody, I genuinely would
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    Been an Addict for 49 years. Getting really bored of this shite now.
        Me since 1968 and it is wearing thin.
        A humiliating night in Stockport will not help.    
        Hopefully our Irish ☘️ caretaker manager will
        Get a result 👍👍👍
  • Options

No not really Garner  just thought he would be backed by our egotistical wanker of am owner.
    he will get another job soon and you watch will do ok, if you don’t put up the funds to match the bullshit you end up relegated and Fucked 🤣👎👎👎
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    scidbox said:
    Been an Addict for 49 years. Getting really bored of this shite now.
        Me since 1968 and it is wearing thin.
        A humiliating night in Stockport will not help.    
        Hopefully our Irish ☘️ caretaker manager will
        Get a result 👍👍👍
    Over 70 years for me, believe me, it doesn't get any easier 😭😱😰
  • Options
    Least this whole debacle fits in well with the clubs ‘Feel the drama’ marketing campaign.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to day that Maltesers mini-reindeers have equipped me to be the next charlton manager. 

Left wing -broken, left side CB broken, right side CB and right wing a moment away from being broken, goalie last to get broken but definitely on the cards unless I invest in a new pack of mini-reindeers. 

I may just move to an all broken back 3. 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Gribbo said:
    @Chunes do you think TS had another bod in mind then?

Someone who he'd either have to pay compo for, or out of contract "well known" face who'd presumably cost quite a bit more than the caretaker manager / former player.

Would love to know who he was lining up instead of JJ at the time, if anybody, I genuinely would
    I'm not sure he had a particular person in mind but I think he wanted his own man. I think you only have to look at the stitch-up contract he gave JJ (and the 'Mission Impossible' it contained in terms of final league position) to see that he didn't want him.

I don't think he took JJ because he was cheap, he took him because he didn't have a choice. The fanbase would've gone turbo apeshit if he didn't - we were on a great run, the team were playing really well, he'd earned it. It only fell apart when JJ got the contract. 
  • Options
    Jacko should have been given the caretaker role with a view to a contract at the end of season. 

That would have shut the fans up and also given the Club/'Owners' a season to see if JJ had more about him than the new Manager purple patch. A club with people who know the game might have done this.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:

There is mitigation with the battering our supporters/critics have taken but
    unfortunately with our fan base you are more likely to hear "your not fit to wear the shirt" and booing than support to our struggling players.

The fact that Matthew Southall is having the last laugh after Thomas Southall did his best work in seeing off the greedy chancer just makes me sad that the odious pond life that is Southall is enjoying our continuous troubles.

If Richard Murray and Peter Varney tenure  was the blue print of how to run a football club and garner support until they fell out then Thomas Sandgaard is the blue print on how not to do it after a good start in seeing off the bad guys. The smell of Roland Duchatelet still lingers over the valley and Sparrows lane with only his demise possibly offering a solution if Roderick Duchatelet is more accommodating.

The catch 22 is who with altruistic reasons would take over a struggling League 1 club with falling attendances in the 2022/23 season in a football world dominated by the elitist Premier league and Champions League ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    wouldn't call egbo or wollacot fourth division players. there are diamonds in the rough
    I think all the 'we only brought in League 2 players' thing is a bit of an easy cop-out anyway to be honest. Wollacott and Egbo are good as you say, but O'Connell is a decent player and has spent more of his career in L1 than L2. Payne has clearly lost his way a bit (might help if he ever got a run in the team) but has spent the vast majority of his career in L1and was a clear standout for Swindon in L2 the one season he was there. We got two Premier League loans in. I'm not really willing to be drawn on McGrandles, he's had a horrible season with injuries and we've just not seen him enough. On the face of it though, signing a player who had just had two very good seasons for a L1 team is more or less what we should be doing
    The bigger problem is we lost loads of players, replaced some of them but did nothing about the unsuited players we already had. Lavelle has been truly atrocious, Morgan has reverted to being Morgan, Stockley has scored one goal in open play. Kirk continues to do one good thing every 6 games, DJ has been injured but I somehow don't think he'd have saved us if he wasn't. We made signings to plug gaps but we're still requiring one of Inniss or Lavelle to play as a passing CB every week because we weren't willing to bring in enough signings to overhaul the whole team. We don't have a striker suited to playing the way we play and the only options are a disaster or a player whose fitness record is impossibly bad.
    I'd actually rather have an entire squad of players signed from L2 that are suited to the way the team is trying to play than the mish-mash of nothing we currently have. We got Garner in telling him to get the team to play the most energy-sapping, technical way possible and gave him not even half a toolbox to do it with. I'd rather have Wollacott than Mac, Egbo than Gunter and Matthews, O'Connell than Famewo and JRS than Leko but it's meaningless when the overall set-up is broken. I don't hate the signings, I hate that there were nowhere near enough of them to compete

Despite the calamatous error by Mc Goalkeeper this w/e,(over a season he was better than average L1 GK)  Wollacot was an investment (time and money) we didn't actually need  when there were more urgent priorities in defence and attack. At the time it was thought to be an upgrade throughout the team but as it turned out it was one of few.
    MacKeeper, as you say, has a decent record in this division and shot-stopping is his strength - but he's a traditional style keeper.

Garner wanted something different, a keeper who could also play out short passes with his feet.
    Thus Wollocott was brought in - because he was already proven to play Garner's style of football.

absolutely agree Oggie, if other squad positions had been filled/improved-everybodies happy. But as one of the few acquisitions made- did we need left sided defender also additional striker more?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:

unfortunately with our fan base you are more likely to hear "your not fit to wear the shirt" and booing than support to our struggling players.

The fact that Matthew Southall is having the last laugh after Thomas Southall did his best work in seeing off the greedy chancer just makes me sad that the odious pond life that is Southall is enjoying our continuous troubles.

If Richard Murray and Peter Varney tenure  was the blue print of how to run a football club and garner support until they fell out then Thomas Sandgaard is the blue print on how not to do it after a good start in seeing off the bad guys. The smell of Roland Duchatelet still lingers over the valley and Sparrows lane with only his demise possibly offering a solution if Roderick Duchatelet is more accommodating.

The catch 22 is who with altruistic reasons would take over a struggling League 1 club with falling attendances in the 2022/23 season in a football world dominated by the elitist Premier league and Champions League ?
    Easy.A billionaire.Do you know any?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:

Easy.A billionaire.Do you know any?

Yes I do KK, but I don't know any Billionaires that want to become Millionaires 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    Which teams have the biggest losses in L1?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Jacko should have been given the caretaker role with a view to a contract at the end of season. 

That would have shut the fans up and also given the Club/'Owners' a season to see if JJ had more about him than the new Manager purple patch. A club with people who know the game might have done this.
    In fairness I don't think there is a club in the world that wouldn't have been pressured into appointing a club legend as permanent manager after the results he got in those first 10-15 games.