Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Irony of the 30 year anniversary…

… was naming what I think is our weakest starting 11 in that whole 30 years. 

Reserve keeper making a howler, no striker who could start the game, and two out of the three defenders making debuts (and no disrespect to them, they both did fine).

But my word that was as weak and disjointed a starting 11 that I could remember. 

Someone find me a weaker 11 than that we’ve fielded before please

Comments

• for me thst starting 11 was Garner making a statement

hes saying “I have no depth”

I agree though, Ness and Mitchell were decent tonight.  

Others were not
  • Don't know if this team is actually worse but the performance was god awful

• I agree but surely there was a game in the Bergdich era with a worse 11
  • I agree but surely there was a game in the Bergdich era with a worse 11
    At least it had Suk-young, Fanni and the rest.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't know if this team is actually worse but the performance was god awful

Is that Dagenham away? 
  • I'd forgotten that Bessone and Parrett existed, and TBH I'm not sure I could picture Bessone even now.
  • edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is that Dagenham away? 
    Rochdale away.  There were about 2,000 people in the ground and it was bloody freezing.

I need to double check because I am sure Frank Nouble and Jenkinson played.

• A shockong starting line up, no striker’!
  • Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Behave. That team pisses all over today's team.
    It's honestly the worst I have ever seen us play it was shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you say, the performance might have been poor that day/evening (no idea when it was in 2011 but I don't think I went) but the ream was half decent.....it had BWP fgs !  Tonight we didnt even start a half fit Aneke. 

I agree with @AFKABartram, probably the worst team we have put out since we returned 20 years ago. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I dont doubt it was a poor performance, but the question is how many of today's team get into that side?

For example, Dobson is our most consistent player - but hes no Semedo.
  • I stood up and exploded full of praise and congratulations when Morgan’s shot hit the top of the Jimmy Seed Stand “well done congratulations you are part of our worst team ever you …….’
    we are utter shit 
    why all the apathy ….oh perleeeeeeeeeease 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Well I’d def say Elliot above Mac, Semedo & Racon above Dobson & Morgan, Llera or Daily above Inniss, Solly above a youngster, and BWP above anyone. Clare and Sess would get in.  Rest are about par. 
  • when I saw last night's line up I assumed that we were playing in one of the cups but hadn't realised. it was a genuine surprise when I looked it up and found it was a league game
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I have absolutely no recollection of anyone called Fede Bessone!
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Well I’d def say Elliot above Mac, Semedo & Racon above Dobson & Morgan, Llera or Daily above Inniss, Solly above a youngster, and BWP above anyone. Clare and Sess would get in.  Rest are about par. 
    Wagstaff over kirk/CBT/Jaiyesemi or any other abject winger we currently have
  • Swisdom said:
    for me thst starting 11 was Garner making a statement

hes saying “I have no depth”

I agree though, Ness and Mitchell were decent tonight.  

Others were not
    Stop making statements! And win some bladdy games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Is that Dagenham away? 
    That is a far better team
  • When Morgan failed to clear the jimmy Seed from 12 yards out, I knew it wasn’t going to be our night! 
  • That Rochdale game , was that mid week .
    The game which was postponed twice.
    As for the Dagenham game that was a nightmare game.
    for what it’s worth at least Christian Dailly was an honest player. Had a long chat with him after the games with Dagenham and Rochdale away.
  • Dagenham away was the most feeble of performances by a Charlton team that I've witnessed. It was horrible 
  • worst ever is a matter of opinion, there have been some rubbish teams put out over the past thirty years, and well before that .. however, last night's team was a real contender for the wooden spoon
  • Sad to say but surely the irony is that now we're entrenched in the 3rd division, The Valley has become an expensive noose around our neck.
  • Only watched on my Phone as didn't want the weakest line up I could recall to pollute my TV or lap top where World cup games were on.

Agree with Afka that both young Ness and Mitchell did fine but once I saw we didn't have any strikers starting when at home to Cheltenham because of injury, Suspension and lack of 90 minute fitness you just knew that the shocking last 48 hours of the transfer window when Washington wasn't replaced period, let alone a step up, it was obvious that mid table beckoned; With injuries (mandatory at Cafc) even the top half of the table would be difficult.

All my/our fears about our quirky club and it's damaged fans/supporters/critics are coming to fruition and it's sad. 
  • edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

Any team can play a stinker and if you were in Rochdale on a freezing Day with a couple of thousand people and cafc don't turn up then I get why that would be your worse memory.

I thought Cheltenham were so poor yet because of no strikers until Aneke came on we were mugged by that defensive howler.
    That side were limited but miles better with Elliot, Solly, and a bonafide striker in BWP.

Wrong thread but well done to JJ for getting another win and climbing the table for Wimbledon. Johnnie Jackson being talked about as if he was clueless was disgraceful when taking a mid table team from bottom four to mid table which was our limit with our injury prone squad of 21/22.
  • … was naming what I think is our weakest starting 11 in that whole 30 years. 

Reserve keeper making a howler, no striker who could start the game, and two out of the three defenders making debuts (and no disrespect to them, they both did fine).

But my word that was as weak and disjointed a starting 11 that I could remember. 

Someone find me a weaker 11 than that we’ve fielded before please

And 20 years ago this week, this weak team scraped a 2-0 victory against Liverpool 

• edited December 2022
    The only name in that team that I had forgotten was Gary Rowett ! I just remembered GR getting injured quite early in his Cafc career and didn't realize he played in another famous victory for Charlton. I was at all the home games against Liverpool but seems like a different life compared to losing at home to Cheltenham when we were just not at the races.