Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Shot Ever

Some discussion tonight whether Morgan hitting the roof of the Jimmy Seed was the worst shot ever. I still like to think it was this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OdePDwYqMJ0

Comments

• Options
    Morgans boots are 50p shaped. 
  • Options
    The JFK one was pretty grim.
  • Options
    For a person that goes to a (supposedly) professional football teams training ground every day, and presumably has trained to kick a ball accurately for a significant part of his life, Morgan’s shooting is utterly abysmal. 
  • Options
    Worst shot I can recall seeing at Charlton. Problem is that level of finishing is expected from Morgan. 
  • Options
    Lawrie Madden's penalty.
  • Options
    Maybe not the worst ever, but the worst I've seen live was tonight
  • Options
    When I was a kid there was a game at Selhurst where Steve Mackenzie had a shot that went out for a throw.
  • Options
    Morgan also tripped himself up late on, Terrible advert for our academy!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicky Bailey penalty 
    Morgan’s blunders stick out so much cos so many of his teammates do so little at all
    Albie’s rough edges are hard to miss but we’ll do better with 3 or 4 of him over shirkers and makeweights like Kirk McGrandles DJ A&Eke Inniss Lavelle etc 
  • Options
    Anyone defending Morgans "effort" needs their bumps felt.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Said it time and again, Morgan plays like an academy player on his debut, and people treat him as such. He's made well over 100 appearances for us, and made his debut over 4 years ago now, and hasn't progressed one bit.
    More like well over 100 debuts. Agreed, does not seem to have kicked on.
  • Options
    Off_it said:Off_it said:
    Anyone defending Morgans "effort" needs their bumps felt.
    Yes please
  • Options
    Me. 1972 v Old Bealonians at Sutcliffe Park. I had a tap-in and somehow my legs got tangled and I shot wide from about two yards with an empty net in front of me. 
  • Options
    Just surfing the net - as you do - and I came across the World's longest lasting experiment.  It reminded me of Morgan in that it has gone on for years, there has been a few highlights and it will probably go on for another 100 years.

The Pitch Drop Experiment

The seventh drop fell at approximately 4:45 p.m. on 3 July 1988,
    The eighth drop fell on 28 November 2000,
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Morgan's shot last night was one of the funnier things I've seen at Charlton. Coupled with his toddler-like continual falling over, it made for a quality slapstick performance. His substitution felt like a mercy-killing. 
  • Options
    He slipped on a worn out bit of the touch line...
  • Options
    Me. 1972 v Old Bealonians at Sutcliffe Park. I had a tap-in and somehow my legs got tangled and I shot wide from about two yards with an empty net in front of me. 
    In fairness trying to avoid the dog shit didn’t help.
  • Options
    Just surfing the net - as you do - and I came across the World's longest lasting experiment.  It reminded me of Morgan in that it has gone on for years, there has been a few highlights and it will probably go on for another 100 years.

The Pitch Drop Experiment

The seventh drop fell at approximately 4:45 p.m. on 3 July 1988,
    The eighth drop fell on 28 November 2000,
    Is that a young Henry Irving at the start of that experiment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Albie “Jimmy” Morgan. The man is so funny to watch. He tries (not hard I agree) but it’s like a spoof. 
  • Options
    Morgan's shot may have been a comic moment BUT it was a speculative shot with a 1 in 100 chance of going in, unless you're Messi. Worth a punt, but no more. 

Surely the worst shots are the absolute sitters, where it would be easier to score than miss, yet the player somehow misses.
  • Options
    Morgan's shot may have been a comic moment BUT it was a speculative shot with a 1 in 100 chance of going in, unless you're Messi. Worth a punt, but no more. 

Surely the worst shots are the absolute sitters, where it would be easier to score than miss, yet the player somehow misses.
    Might be worth us watching it again. I didn’t see a shot on goal was in anyway difficult.  Plenty in front of him so scoring hard, but better option would have been to keep it down. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Not saying it wouldn't have been a decent goal had it of gone in but 1 in 100? Not too sure about that, and just getting it somewhere within 3 metres of either post or crossbar should be well within the capabilities of anyone, who plays football for 6 or 7 hours a day
  • Options
    As I have said before the fact that Albie has played over 100 times for us says all you need to know about the quality of our squads in recent years. One or two hollywood passes in the odd game if the opposition allows him loads of time to send the message to his feet does not justify the faithful claiming one day he will come good as he is only young. As we know unfortunately decent young players get snapped up can anyone remember ANY rumours about potential interest ? I might be wrong but the only thing I can remember anything about Albie moving was that we tried to find a loan for him but nobody wanted him ffs
  • Options

I think you’re being incredibly generous to describe that shot as a 1 in 100 chance of going in although, if it’s Morgan shooting, it’s probably closer to 0 in 100! 
  • Options
    It wasn't speculative. He had the time to take a touch if he needed it. Still not sure if there was a slip or not but his composure wasn't there.
  • Options
    Lawrie Madden's penalty.
    That was what I thought when Morgan hit the top of the stand.
    Never mind, I'm sure he'll come good if we give him another few years.
    By then we'll have reached his non league level.
  • Options
    Morgan actually a pretty decent effort from an almost identical position v Stockport. Clipped it first time and it drifted just high and wide of the far post. Last night's effort was to hit the Seed sign from about 17 yards (from goal). If I didn't see it happen, I'd have said it was impossible to do.