Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney asking for big crowd for Brighton match (Potential Buyers?)

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
Probably will get lost in the Sandgaard thread, worth it's own thread to make sure more people see it

Comments

• Don't want investors, we need buyers.
  • #FillTheValley
    Who said they were investors? They could well be buyers, let's wait and see. It might just as well be no- one!
    Who said they were investors? They could well be buyers, let's wait and see. It might just as well be no- one!
    The title thread originally said "Potential Investors" not Buyers.
  • I think getting anywhere near 20k is very wishful thinking.
    If it is a potential new owner and it's dependent on a big crowd that night I think they may be disappointed.
  • Well, Sandgaard has been over this week so who knows what is going on behind the scenes.
  • Anywhere close to 20k is fanciful. 

Perhaps the potential investor has been sold a pipe dream and will get a shock when he turns up and the ground isn't packed full with revenue flying in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Need to try and get as close to full as we can. Aware it's near Christmas but if you can go, go. 
    Do as you are told by Junior lol
  • Just need to advertise that we will be shooting hot dogs out of a cannon. That will be sure to get the crowds down. 
    Fuck it, I’m in…
  • Redrobo said:
    Don't want investors, we need buyers
    Exactly. 
    What would you moan about if we had new board members putting in new money to buy players and get us out of this league?

Especially if Peter Varney involved. Moaning is much more important.

Dick.
    That's really going to happen if Sandgaard is still involved isn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    This is intriguing, assuming this is a genuine Varney tweet...could well have some legs if it is, otherwise why would he be going public now on this game...interesting, could this be the start of a new beginning, we can but hope at least...🤔
    Thing is, will the team turn up as well..

Perhaps the potential investor has been sold a pipe dream and will get a shock when he turns up and the ground isn't packed full with revenue flying in. 
    Nice positive approach 
  • redbuttle said:
    Anywhere close to 20k is fanciful. 

Nice positive approach 
    Hard to be positive with the absolute shit run of owners we've had since 2014. It'd be nice if something comes from this but I'm not getting my hopes up...

Perhaps the potential investor has been sold a pipe dream and will get a shock when he turns up and the ground isn't packed full with revenue flying in
     Sandgaard fell for it..

• redbuttle said:
    Anywhere close to 20k is fanciful. 

Nice positive approach 
    Have you not met SELR before?
  • Let's hope any potential buyer isn't going on Friday when it'll be empty 
  • Why not this game on Friday? Or Bristol Rovers in a few weeks. Quite specific just for the Brighton game