Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Tom Morris photo from 1989

So much going on with this Tom Morris pic from 14/12/89: the Admiral tops, the now mainly lost pennants on the wall, the fantastic model (where is it now?) of how the Valley was going to look plus 3 players who'd walk into the side now Mark Reid, Colin Walsh & Colin Pates

Comments

• Options
    Where are they ?
  • Options
    Where are they ?
    Sparrows Lane 
  • Options
    Love the floodlights!
  • Options
    Bar the selling of land at the top of the East, ground didn’t end up looking too dissimilar to that
    That land wasn’t owned by the club until later.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Love the floodlights!
    ...Particularly those at the North end. How cool would they have been!
  • Options
    'North end' please 'The Covered End'
  • Options
    Mark Reid cost £40k as I recall. 
    What a bargain. 
    Did he ever miss a pen ?
    I guess so, but can’t remember it. 
  • Options
    Pitch looking good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a bargain. 
    Did he ever miss a pen ?
    V Palace in September 1985

Would have had hat trick of penalties 
    Also missed one vs them in Dec 89 if I recall correctly? Lost 2-1 so cost us a point that day 
  • Options
    Three lefties if my memory serves me right about Pates? In the footballing sense obviously. 
  • Options
    "... plus 3 players who'd walk into the side now Mark Reid, Colin Walsh & Colin Pates"

Even in their 60s these three would walk into the side now. I doubt there'd be too much running but they'd still be quicker to the ball than our current back line.
  • Options
    Three lefties if my memory serves me right about Pates? In the footballing sense obviously. 
    Correct. 
  • Options
    What a bargain. 
    Did he ever miss a pen ?
    V Palace in September 1985

Would have had hat trick of penalties 
    Also missed one vs them in Dec 89 if I recall correctly? Lost 2-1 so cost us a point that day 
    Yes that was our 'home' game against them at Selhurst. Goalie went one way, Reid's shot went the other and hit the post. 

Remember Noades moaning that their supporters couldn't stand in their usual places in their home ground.