Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rip Alan Sandford

Alan passed away a few days ago ,would think quite a few people on this site knew him,a gentle giant and a fine footballer.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Oh no…..RIP….Big Al….RIP.
    Many tales can be told about Alan in The Covered End, especially from the 60’s.
    Originally from Cherry Orchard Estate….was a giant of a man with a big booming voice and a huge laugh.
    If Big Al was in the room you knew about it.
    He would have been about 74.
  • Options
    thickandthin……..we likely know each other.
  • Options
    Thought that was the cricket guy you were talking about. Not aware of this gent but RIP.... 
  • Options
    Oh no…..RIP….Big Al….RIP.
    Many tales can be told about Alan in The Covered End, especially from the 60’s.
    Originally from Cherry Orchard Estate….was a giant of a man with a big booming voice and a huge laugh.
    If Big Al was in the room you knew about it.
    He would have been about 74.
    Alan was 75,he had suffered from lung cancer for years,I used to see him quite a lot at Maidstone cancer clinic when I was having my prostate cancer treatment,although a bit frail his personality never altered.
  • Options
    RIP Alan. I knew him from our school days and his football prowess
  • Options
    Was in the same class at Charlton Manor. Such a funny live wire RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Addick.
  • Options
    thickandthin……..we likely know each other.
    Quite likely,I lived in springfield ,wilson house,played football with Peter Gage,until moved to Kent,name is Ray.Also played with a group of llads from Cherry Orchards when they formed a team probably around 60 years ago.