Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• This is surely an improvement on the tripe they've featured previously tbf
  • Leuth said:
    This is surely an improvement on the tripe they've featured previously tbf
    Depends how you look after the beer. Could be the best beer in the world, if you don’t look after it then it’s a waste. 
  • Fuck I hate all their beer , I prefer pissy fosters 
  • edited November 2022
    I mean they're nothing special, but The Valley has never had anything close to good beer (although do I recall a brief Belgian flourish in the Roland era?)
  • Yakima Red is a lovely beer, not cheap though 
  • Yakima Red is the best Meantime staple, which means it is basically fine
  • Meantime might be 'local', however it is owned by a huge Japanese brewing conglomerate 
  • That's a decent move. Much as I'd like Real Ale to be stocked, that requires skilled handling and decent turnover, so this is the next best thing.
  • Prospect of better beer? It's got to be a step in the right direction.

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Prospect of better beer? It's got to be a step in the right direction.

If you like a beer at the ground then yes, however it won’t be cheap. Looking at 6 to 7 pounds a pint 
  • John Smith's chemical bitter is utterly evil - I can hold my beer but that stuff gives me a hangover before I'm halfway down the glass. £7 for meantime is better than even £2 for John Smith's 
  • edited November 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

If you like a beer at the ground then yes, however it won’t be cheap. Looking at 6 to 7 pounds a pint 
    I'd loved to have given you a 'like' for your reply to my post @shirty5   ..... but I can't 'like' it knowing that a beer at The Valley is likely to be £6 or £7 a pint.

Are people that desperate for a pint they're happy to be fleeced like this?

• Oggy Red said:
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

I'd loved to have given you a 'like' for your reply to my post @shirty5   ..... but I can't 'like' it knowing that a beer at The Valley is likely to be £6 or £7 a pint.

Was £5.80 a pint  on the west Stand concourse 
  • Going to need to reduce the price of this tenfold to entice punters back to the valley
  • shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    shirty5 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Was £5.80 a pint  on the west Stand concourse 
    Yeah I was pleasantly at the (by current standards) sensible pricing.
  • sammy391 said:
    Going to need to reduce the price of this tenfold to entice punters back to the valley
    If people are just going to the Valley for the beer then they need to get their priorities right 
  • Lol, can't even spell Grolsch properly!
  • Absolutely a step in the right direction. 
    I might even start using my season ticket again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Lol, can't even spell Grolsch properly!
    Yeah,England should have  brought him onn last night.
  • edited November 2022
    Off_it said:
    Lol, can't even spell Grolsch properly!
    And how much wine do I get for £5.70?
  • edited November 2022
    £5.50 for a pint is fine, we are in London. Especially if they are still doing the season ticket 20% discount then it’s actually a good deal 

• Cornish Orchard! Get in there Tommy
  • YTS1978 said:

Cornish Orchard! Get in there Tommy
    Orchid…!!!
  • Meantime won't be one mile from The Valley for much longer (but its owner says it still wants to have some sort of brewery in Greenwich)