Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Souley to Bordeaux ?

Comments

• Options
    oh well no great loss
  • Options
    He was captain Saturday!!
  • Options
    Thought he played pretty well on Saturday, but then it was only Gillingham
  • Options
    will be a big loss in my opinion and I reckon it's gonna happen, not because we want it to, although we might, but because he'll want it to happen.
  • Options
    say that again?
  • Options
    Will actually be a little dis-appointed if he left, unless we are getting most of our money back which is highly unlikely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]say that again?

who ?
  • Options
    If he leaves then he goes then he'll be gone unless he does nt leave then stays and he wont be gone
  • Options
    Can they afford him, though? Charlton will want their money back and there aint exactly that many Francs floating around in the French league.
  • Options
    Hard to disagree there Shag
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hard to understand also! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]If he leaves then he goes then he'll be gone unless he does nt leave then stays and he wont be gone

Will he stay or he will he go now....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Can they afford him, though? Charlton will want their money back and there aint exactly that many Francs floating around in the French league.

none in fact.
  • Options
    Some puzzling messages above!:-)

I'd like him to stay as he is a vital part of what could be a strong spine to the side.

The man has pace and presence and, importantly in my opinion, is a no nonsense defender.

Although not as good as the great man he reminds me a lot of Richard Rufus.
  • Options
    overall I think he has impressed and could be quality, looks worth £3M+ so cannot see the point in selling unless we get a big offer or his wages are a real problem.
  • Options
    I would hate to see him go...think that he could be quality for us (and also reminds me of Rufus with his 'leggy' defending)
  • Options
    Definitely worth keeping.

I'm sure he'll be one of the top earners at the club - but can't imagine Charlton selling unless they get £2.5 plus.
    But why would they?

Pards said on the OS a day or two ago, that he didn't need to sell anyone - that he's looking to bring a couple in without letting people go.
  • Options
    Lol i remember Leeds saying they weren't a selling club at the start of last season. Statements like that mean nothing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Definitely worth keeping.

I'm sure he'll be one of the top earners at the club - but can't imagine Charlton selling unless they get £2.5 plus.
    But why would they?

Pards said on the OS a day or two ago, that he didn't need to sell anyone - that he's looking to bring a couple in without letting people go.

I'm not so sure that he'll be a top earner necessarially Oggy.

I think a lot of clubs sign African players because they come cheaper than European players. The trade off is that you lose them for the African Nations Cup for weeks on end every couple of years.
  • Options
    think we should keep him...and also thomas (rumoured in the paper today to derby 3mil)....i think they would look a cut above in the fizzy pops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope we keep him - I know he's had his ups and downs with us, but there's no doubting his character and commitment on the pitch and that will be essential this season.

Unfortunately he may feel otherwise, and then it gets difficult.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think he's a class act and I would not want him to go. I suppose he may be the sort of player who is capable of throwing a moody and that might lead the club, reluctantly to sell. I hope not.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Can they afford him, though? Charlton will want their money back and there aint exactly that many Francs floating around in the French league.[/quote]

There are no Francs in French football...there are a few Euros though.

I'd keep him, we need a defensive rock and I think he'll be a great player next season.
  • Options
    Would be unhappy to see him go, he did start to play really well mid season to Easterish.

I guess him and Magic are off for the whole of January? for the ANC this season?
  • Options
    Would be less peeved about him leaving than Thomas.
  • Options
    Sorry, Jimmy. Completely disagree there. Give me a moody Franco-African rock of a central defender anyday over a moody, sulky, arrogant bighead English winger...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]If he leaves then he goes then he'll be gone unless he does nt leave then stays and he wont be gone

You sound like Michael Madsen in Reservoir dogs........
  • Options
    I would rather see Souley go back to france or even better to an english prem club on loan for the season and then promotion depending coming back next year than losing money on him.

Personally I think he was just having trouble getting used to the prem so sending him elsewhere for a season and letting him ge some experience would be spot on.