Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Iran - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I would love Harry Maguire to smash it this tournament. The abuse he gets is bang out of order and I think people are forgetting how bad peoples performances become once they sign for ManU, cursed team. 

He’s never put a foot wrong for us and I am backing him to have a good tournament, come on Hazza
    Well said.  He’s the current scapegoat.
    He's been in awful form and was at fault for 2 goals in our game.

I don't think hoping he doesn't start is unreasonable, although I think the other options we have at centre back are no better.

Hope he gets back to some decent form as he is a much better player than he's been this season.

• Options
    Come on England 

0-0 half time, unconvincing 1-0 victory at full time.
  • Options
    Would like Foden over Mount but I understand it. Mount has been a better player for England than Foden. I’ll never understand the Sterling criticism when he’s consistently been our best player at the last two tournaments. 
  • Options
    Love that armband Alex Scott. 
  • Options
    Is that 9 of the 11 that started the last game of the last tournament?  Must be close to a record.

No reason why they can't go again in Germany and the States.  

I know there is a lot of anti Southgate noise, which I am not really 100% sure as to why, but to me this is the next step on the journey.  The next two tournaments are the ones we should be aiming to win.  This is too much of a lottery to he the be all and end all.
  • Options
    This is the tournament , means soooo much more than the Euro's , the World Cup , come on ENGLAAAAAND !!
  • Options
    Not a fan of Mount in an England shirt but seems to be Southgate's fave. 
  • Options
    I'm gutted. Can't watch it as work won't allow it

In our corner though and buzzing for ENGLAND 

I'm happy with the starting 11.

The team has chemistry and they can get goals.

I think an early lead foe us will be needed 
  • Options
    I think Kane is too slow for international football to play as a main striker. I think he should play behind Saka, Foden or maybe Sterling. He can hold the ball up brilliantly and can thread passes to allow others to run onto. Speed causes defenders loads of problems.
  • Options
    Would like Foden over Mount but I understand it. Mount has been a better player for England than Foden. I’ll never understand the Sterling criticism when he’s consistently been our best player at the last two tournaments. 
    Foden plays as part of the front 3 for City, so the choice is between Foden, Sterling and Saka for the 2 attacking wide players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jude Bellingham is an impressive sounding young man.
  • Options
    ticketing problems meaning a lot of England fans still not yet in the stadium.

similar to the Champions League final - does this happen to other fans or is it just English ones it affects.
  • Options
    Foden plays as part of the front 3 for City, so the choice is between Foden, Sterling and Saka for the 2 attacking wide players
    Yes, I know, but it’s not like he couldn’t play centrally where Mount is. 
  • Options
    A few singing god save the queen still 🤣
  • Options
    Mason mount said QUEEN
  • Options
    Trippier has been done dirty having to stand between Stones and Maguire :D
  • Options
    HERE WE GO... 
  • Options
    REZA♥️♥️♥️
  • Options
    That's a blatant pen
  • Options
    Been watching videos of Charlton’s corners. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    VAR 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    That rugby tackle isn't a pen 🤣
  • Options
    lol!... that was a penalty all day long last tournament
  • Options
    Good from Saka 
  • Options
    ouch
  • Options