Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Port Vale vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 19th November 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    5-4 to us
  • Options
    3-0 Addicks!
  • Options
    we'd all better watch out tomorrow, vicious magpies have taken over Stoke O T

City is invaded by 'vicious' MAGPIES which have been attacking local wildlife and pets | Watch (msn.com)
    That’s ok then, Port Vale are in Burslem.
  • Options
    New tick for me, that is the only appeal.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see AMB. Thought he’d really kick on and be our number one this season, after his stint in Scotland. 
    Hopefully he can cement his place and we go on a mini run to Christmas. 
    0-1 away win. 
  • Options
    AMB

Clare, Elerewe, Inniss, Sessegnon 

JRS, Dobson, Fraser, Payne

CBT, Kirk
  • Options
    Another 3-3 this one. I can't see Vale containing CBT, RS, Kirk, Aneke, Payne & Fraser for an hour and a half. But Lavelle and Maynard Brewer selection screams mistakes and lapses of concentration. A JFC thunderbolt at the death to rescue another pathetic point as we continue our journey to mediocrity in the Third division. 

• Options
    cabbles said:
    My first away game this season as I haven’t been to Vale Park since the Championship winning season in 99/00.  I can’t recall if we played there in the first or second half of that season, but either way, good to be going back after 20 plus years.

Not much to add to what I usually say.  Stockley, needs to score, his return is pitiful. The defence need to defend 

What time train you on Cabbles?
  • Options
    Away win 4-1 .
  • Options
    My parents both came from the Potteries, my mother born in Burslem, but I was only nine months old when they eventually moved us south. An odd twist of fate that I ended up supporting the other Valiants!

With our porous deference  in front of a different keeper, the 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS a Desmond, 2-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weirdly optimistic...will watch the stream...going for 1-3!  Got 22-1 on Skybet...
  • Options
    I think we need to go for it. With our injuries, attack is defeinitely going to be the best form of defence IMO.
  • Options
    I feel......... those poor FIFA executives
    I feel........ all those living outside the M25
    1 feel.......Port Vale are going down today
    G. Infantino.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    we'd all better watch out tomorrow, vicious magpies have taken over Stoke O T

City is invaded by 'vicious' MAGPIES which have been attacking local wildlife and pets | Watch (msn.com)
    That’s ok then, Port Vale are in Burslem.
    thanks for the unasked for geography lesson
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sure AMB will do us well today, and could turn out a serious No 2 to JoJo, this is def a winable game for me, and so going for a close 1-2 result...👍
  • Options
    Arnold Bennett was a very good, accessible, storyteller of tales of the five towns.

• Options
    What pub are we all in?
  • Options
    So the pitch is reported to be very soft & heavy?

I foresee problems for us if we start with a front 6 including
    JRS, Fraser, Kirk, Payne-or CBT. Too lightweight for me.

JFC to bolster midfield. My front 6.

JRS - Dobson - Fraser - JFC

Stockley  -  Kirk or Payne?
  • Options
    Am looking forward to seeing AMB between the sticks and hope he plays well. Pitch not ideal by the sounds of it. 2-1 win to us. Kirk and Chuks.
  • Options
    Missus has said we will win 4-1 today, shes been pretty solid with her guesses of late so ill go for it aswell..

Have told her if shes wrong today she will get the push :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7-7 draw I think. Innis ends up in goal but gets sent off in the 98th min.

It's that kinda season.
  • Options
    I went to Ypres last weekend, and could get my BET365 account up. So had my bet on SKY.  Now BET365 payout when you go 2 goals up. So Charlton on BET365 we’re a winner on SKY DRAW.

COST me £434 

Today another poor draw.

• Options
    Port Vale vs Charlton Athletic
    Saturday 19th November 2022 - 3pm Kick-Off
    Referee: Samuel Barrott

Introduction
    We're on the eve of a historic competition out in the Middle East, whilst minor tournaments get set to kick off, its easy to forget that there are more important and pressing games to worry about here on our own shores - The World Cup will set new ground this coming Sunday, with the first ever winter version set to commence - However the show goes on in League One, the Addicks on the road once again this Saturday, with back to back trips to Staffordshire... and a venue that'll have painful memories for Ben Garner.

The Opposition
    Name: Port Vale (15th) | Manager: Darrell Clarke
    Ground: Vale Park
    Previous Result: Oxford United 4-0 Port Vale

League Two saw one of the most exciting finishes to a league campaign ever at the end of last season, I can guarantee there will be more mention of that in a couple of weeks - Yet the race for the Play-Offs was equally exciting (for those not involved), with any one of three sides at risk of missing the end of season lottery... Port Vale with the hardest task, having to travel to Exeter City (who themselves were looking to win the league) - We all know how the story ended of course, the Valiants are back in League One... However that journey saw them defeating Ben Garner's Swindon Town in dramatic fashion on penalties, and so book a trip to Wembley.

In all honesty, looking at all four teams that finished in the Play-Offs, and you'd argue that all four would end up struggling at this level - Its not been the case for Darrell Clarke and his team, so far putting in a display which has the Valiants respectfully in mid-table - Like most venues Vale Park has been a bit of a fortress this season, with the home side losing on just four occasions - Its certainly been a whirlwind in 2022 for Darrell Clarke, and not always in a good way, after having to take a leave of absence from the game in February (only returning in May) due to a family bereavement.

In terms of the Port Vale squad; Ellis Harrison will be the name to watch out for... the Striker (signed after a very short spell at Fleetwood), was reunited with the Manager who gave him his debut in the game, and has seven goals to his name this season - James Wilson is another to keep track of up top... the ex-Man Utd youngster was tipped for a promising career, however injuries have restricted his time to the lower reaches of the EFL since leaving Carrington in 2019.

Charlton Team News
    Last Saturday we witnessed a crazy game between two sides who thought: "Defending is overrated" prior to kick-off... So we can only hope that we've worked a lot more on our defensive shape in the last week - Having scored (and conceded) seven goals in our last two League games proves that finding the net isn't the issue with this team.

Of course there were always going to be changes what with the World Cup on the horizon, yet there was heartbreak for Jojo Wollacott who sustained a freak injury in the Burton warm up, and will now be absent for club and country for the foreseeable future (Jojo however will be absent from Sparrows Lane, as he will remain part of the travelling Ghana team) - Craig MacGillivray is set to take his place between the sticks in his absence, yet now appears to be carrying his own knock... It means that Ashley Maynard-Brewer could finally be set for his League debut, having regained fitness, and having been recalled from his loan from Gillingham.

Elsewhere and Sean Clare will return to the side, having served his one match suspension.

Maynard-Brewer
    Clare - Inniss - Lavelle - Sessegnon
    Rak-Sakyi - Dobson - Fraser - Campbell
    Kirk - Stockley

Substitutes Bench: Harness - Elerewe - Forster-Caskey - Payne - Morgan - Aneke - Blackett-Taylor
    Says we can watch on the live stream in the UK.
    is this right for a Saturday 3pm KO
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    CafcSCP said:
    Port Vale vs Charlton Athletic
    Saturday 19th November 2022 - 3pm Kick-Off
    Referee: Samuel Barrott

Introduction
    We're on the eve of a historic competition out in the Middle East, whilst minor tournaments get set to kick off, its easy to forget that there are more important and pressing games to worry about here on our own shores - The World Cup will set new ground this coming Sunday, with the first ever winter version set to commence - However the show goes on in League One, the Addicks on the road once again this Saturday, with back to back trips to Staffordshire... and a venue that'll have painful memories for Ben Garner.

The Opposition
    Name: Port Vale (15th) | Manager: Darrell Clarke
    Ground: Vale Park
    Previous Result: Oxford United 4-0 Port Vale

League Two saw one of the most exciting finishes to a league campaign ever at the end of last season, I can guarantee there will be more mention of that in a couple of weeks - Yet the race for the Play-Offs was equally exciting (for those not involved), with any one of three sides at risk of missing the end of season lottery... Port Vale with the hardest task, having to travel to Exeter City (who themselves were looking to win the league) - We all know how the story ended of course, the Valiants are back in League One... However that journey saw them defeating Ben Garner's Swindon Town in dramatic fashion on penalties, and so book a trip to Wembley.

In all honesty, looking at all four teams that finished in the Play-Offs, and you'd argue that all four would end up struggling at this level - Its not been the case for Darrell Clarke and his team, so far putting in a display which has the Valiants respectfully in mid-table - Like most venues Vale Park has been a bit of a fortress this season, with the home side losing on just four occasions - Its certainly been a whirlwind in 2022 for Darrell Clarke, and not always in a good way, after having to take a leave of absence from the game in February (only returning in May) due to a family bereavement.

In terms of the Port Vale squad; Ellis Harrison will be the name to watch out for... the Striker (signed after a very short spell at Fleetwood), was reunited with the Manager who gave him his debut in the game, and has seven goals to his name this season - James Wilson is another to keep track of up top... the ex-Man Utd youngster was tipped for a promising career, however injuries have restricted his time to the lower reaches of the EFL since leaving Carrington in 2019.

Charlton Team News
    Last Saturday we witnessed a crazy game between two sides who thought: "Defending is overrated" prior to kick-off... So we can only hope that we've worked a lot more on our defensive shape in the last week - Having scored (and conceded) seven goals in our last two League games proves that finding the net isn't the issue with this team.

Of course there were always going to be changes what with the World Cup on the horizon, yet there was heartbreak for Jojo Wollacott who sustained a freak injury in the Burton warm up, and will now be absent for club and country for the foreseeable future (Jojo however will be absent from Sparrows Lane, as he will remain part of the travelling Ghana team) - Craig MacGillivray is set to take his place between the sticks in his absence, yet now appears to be carrying his own knock... It means that Ashley Maynard-Brewer could finally be set for his League debut, having regained fitness, and having been recalled from his loan from Gillingham.

Elsewhere and Sean Clare will return to the side, having served his one match suspension.

Maynard-Brewer
    Clare - Inniss - Lavelle - Sessegnon
    Rak-Sakyi - Dobson - Fraser - Campbell
    Kirk - Stockley

Substitutes Bench: Harness - Elerewe - Forster-Caskey - Payne - Morgan - Aneke - Blackett-Taylor
    Says we can watch on the live stream in the UK.
    is this right for a Saturday 3pm KO

Yep, up till New Year's Day, coz of that World Cup thing going on...
  • Options
    Yes. It's been advertised quite heavily that you can purchase/watch games on Sat during the WC.
  • Options
    9-0 to Vale
  • Options
    I should have been there today, but after a long week will instead stream this from home.

It will be interesting in the next 2 weeks what effect the WC has on actual attendances. A glut of football on TV makes L1 and downwards feel like the poor relation, forced to play on.
  • Options
    Jeeez guys... Dont get too excited for todays game ;)

Eight minutes for the team sheet to finally be posted

• Options
    Lavelle and Inniss again....deary me. 
  • Options
    Over to Match Thread we go!!