Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morecambe [A] 10/12/22 -Train Travel & Match Tickets

edited November 2022 in Match Day Travel
Surprisingly Avanti have already put advance tickets on sale for this day.
The cheapest Advance Singles priced at £51.70 [£34.10] are on the train below
Dep Euston 08.10 Arr Morecambe 11.37 change at Lancaster

Advance single £45.80 [£30.20]
Dep Morecambe 18.13 Arr Euston22.02
Railcard fares in brackets
Warning for people thinking of returning on Sunday/Monday 11th/12th Dec, the RMT have called strike action on Avanti & services will be very limited on these days.
Any further strike action by ASLEF/RMT will have to be announced on or before Friday 25th November to affect this day.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Clive. Those prices are scandalous. Going up on the Friday would be £78 one-way as well.

I'll see what the coach times are like then I think Morecambe will have to remain one of the few 92 I've not done.
  • Options
    Are train prices likely to go down (I.e will more tickets on additional trains be released later)?

Crazy prices.  
  • Options
    If there's a cheapo way to get to Wolverhampton (which the slower Euston-Lancaster train passes through) you can do the Wolverhampton-Morecambe part for £47. Might work out a little less

11:37 Wolves - Preston £18.70
    Return 18:17 £18.70

Avanti
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Are train prices likely to go down (I.e will more tickets on additional trains be released later)?

Crazy prices.  
    We paid  just over £70 last season midweek with a railcard.
    It could of been done for £49 with railcard.
  • Options
    Have just booked for myself and daughter going up on the Friday and coming back after the match... we have friends up there so somewhere to stay to soften the price of the fares.
  • Options
    was always a toss up of this or port vale have pluped for vale and another tick off the list 
  • Options
    was always a toss up of this or port vale have pluped for vale and another tick off the list 
    Yeah I was thinking about Port Vale too, basically decided there’s more chance of us playing Port Vale again next season whereas Morecambe are more likely to be relegated!
  • Options

Tickets for the Addicks' Sky Bet League One fixture at Morecambe are now on general sale.

The club have received an allocation of 800 for the trip to the Mazuma Stadium on Saturday, December 10th (3pm).

Click here to get your tickets for Morecambe v Charlton.

PRICES

Seating

Adult: £25

Over 65: £20

U22: £15

U18: £7

U14: £5

Terrace

Adult: £20

Over 65: £15

U22: £10

U18: £5

U14: £3

Ambulant Disabled: Available at the relevant price and the helper goes free.

Wheelchair Bays: 10 wheelchair bays are available at the relevant price and the helper goes free.

VALLEY AWAY

Away coach travel will be available for the trip to Morecambe via the club's Valley Away service, priced at £31 with the following pick-up points and times: 

Larkfield: 6.10am

Gravesend: 6.30am

Dartford: 6.45am

Bexleyheath: 7am

Bromley: 7.25am

Eltham: 7.45am

Charlton: 8am

Click here to book your place on the Valley Away service to Morecambe.

Please note this fixture will be all-ticket for away supporters and there will be no ticket sales on the
    day. All tickets must be purchased in advance of matchday.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/morecambe-away-tickets-now-sale

• Options
    Did Morecambe last year, so will do Port Vale this year!

I stayed in Lancaster, a very nice small City, and only a short train ride from Morecambe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Please note this fixture will be all-ticket for away supporters and there will be no ticket sales on the

day. All tickets must be purchased in advance of matchday.

Why? A game with zero aggro, and one where there will hardly be loads of away fans wanting to get in the home areas and vice versa. 
  • Options
    On a weekend away to Lytham St Anne's with friends that weekend, we have a lot planned but if I'm free Saturday afternoon I'll be there.
  • Options
    On a weekend away to Lytham St Anne's with friends that weekend, we have a lot planned but if I'm free Saturday afternoon I'll be there.
    NB no ticket sales on the day...
  • Options
    Just one coach, so I'd be leaving my house at 5:50 to make the Dartford pickup, and still be in NW Kent/SE London at 8:00... Which actually feels a bit late for the M6 on a Saturday.

Hopefully Avanti have a Black Friday sale but I won't hold my breath.
  • Options

Cracking place 
  • Options
    clive said:

Warning for people thinking of returning on Sunday/Monday 11th/12th Dec, the RMT have called strike action on Avanti & services will be very limited on these days.
    Any further strike action by ASLEF/RMT will have to be announced on or before Friday 25th November to affect this day.

Thanks Clive - can I check, where did you see about those RMT strike dates? I've had a look and can't find any confirmed dates for December. They've just extended their mandate for potential action over the next six months, but I don't think they (or ASLEF) have announced any dates beyond November yet. 

Avanti WC are just useless. I went to uni in Lancaster, so planning to make a weekend of this from Fri-Sun. Outgoing trains advertised for the Friday, but still no returns for Sunday or the Monday. It's almost like they go out of their way to make things difficult for people.
  • Options
    clive said:

Thanks Clive - can I check, where did you see about those RMT strike dates? I've had a look and can't find any confirmed dates for December. They've just extended their mandate for potential action over the next six months, but I don't think they (or ASLEF) have announced any dates beyond November yet. 

Avanti WC are just useless. I went to uni in Lancaster, so planning to make a weekend of this from Fri-Sun. Outgoing trains advertised for the Friday, but still no returns for Sunday or the Monday. It's almost like they go out of their way to make things difficult for people.
     Travel update: November and December strike action - and reduced timetable

The RMT union has announced strike action on Avanti West Coast on 20 November, 11 December, and 12 December.

On these dates, customers should expect our timetable and operating hours to be reduced significantly, and note that services that do run are expected to be busy. We strongly advise you to check before you travel, both once the strike timetable is confirmed and on the day itself. We will announce revised timetables as soon as possible.

ASLEF has also announced strike action on 26 November, coordinated across 12 train companies. Please do not attempt to travel on this date – there will be no Avanti West Coast services running on any of our routes.

Customers who booked tickets to travel on these strike days before the industrial action was announced can claim a full, fee-free refund from their point of purchase. Alternatively, customers with prebooked tickets for strike days can use these anytime between now and up to two days after the original travel date. For more information, please use the link below:

Read More
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:

Travel update: November and December strike action - and reduced timetable

The RMT union has announced strike action on Avanti West Coast on 20 November, 11 December, and 12 December.

On these dates, customers should expect our timetable and operating hours to be reduced significantly, and note that services that do run are expected to be busy. We strongly advise you to check before you travel, both once the strike timetable is confirmed and on the day itself. We will announce revised timetables as soon as possible.

ASLEF has also announced strike action on 26 November, coordinated across 12 train companies. Please do not attempt to travel on this date – there will be no Avanti West Coast services running on any of our routes.

Customers who booked tickets to travel on these strike days before the industrial action was announced can claim a full, fee-free refund from their point of purchase. Alternatively, customers with prebooked tickets for strike days can use these anytime between now and up to two days after the original travel date. For more information, please use the link below:

Read More
    https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/

Thanks Clive. FFS!!!
  • Options
    With just over five hours left to call rail strike action it appears that this day will be strike free.
    As this game will be all ticket for away fans it may be advisable for people to purchase match tickets asap as there are further Royal Mail strikes planned on 30th November & 1st December.
    https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news
  • Options
    I hope that everyone wishing to go gets there and safely back. I am not going to go to anymore away games until this strike is over, unless localish to me. Accrington away was bad enough for some people to get back and that was July, fortunately i stayed in Lancaster for a few days so wasn't really affected.

Just too much to gamble and its a ground i have been passed but never in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are right Chippy.Apart from the real diehards and FairPlay to them the strikes have probably stopped a lot of us from going as the strikes are called at very short notice.That and coupled with the shite service Avanti provides has reduced numbers.
  • Options
    I hope that everyone wishing to go gets there and safely back. I am not going to go to anymore away games until this strike is over, unless localish to me. Accrington away was bad enough for some people to get back and that was July, fortunately i stayed in Lancaster for a few days so wasn't really affected.

Just too much to gamble and it’s a ground i have been passed but never in.
    Don’t blame you. I’ve not been to any aways this season for pretty much that reason, paying a fortune for trains that will likely either be cancelled or significantly disrupted is a difficult decision to make. The streams feel a very tempting way to avoid this palava. 

I am going to Morecambe but if it turns into a total nightmare that will be it for a long time.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yeah I did a lot of research and looked into staying oop north the Friday but trains aren't cheaper & there are so many warnings on rail sites about cancellations at late notice.

I emailed the club asking if a 2nd coach is possible to avoid 2 tours of SE London and was basically told no. 

So I'm out, £120 returns on trains (inc getting to Euston) is not worth the risk for me. You can get a couple of return flights to Europe for that. 
  • Options
    Would this still go ahead if England have a quarter final later that day ? I guess 3pm and 7pm make it unlikely to move it, but would mean we would have to watch it on trains/coaches etc 
  • Options
    England would play on the Friday or Saturday at 7pm.
    So no reason to change a 3pm KO. 
  • Options

Allocation 800 | Sold: 199

• Options
    clive said:

Allocation 800 | Sold: 199

I’ve got two of those 😉.
  • Options
    clive said:

The RMT strike on Avanti trains planned for 11th/12th December has now been called off.

• Options
    Sky Sports reporting that a number of (unspecified) EFL clubs have requested that their Saturday 3pm kick offs be moved due to the England match in the evening 
  • Options
    We know they won’t but the EFL should say NO. Totally unfair on those who have booked travel, made other arrangements etc. No way should kick off be changed this late in the day. Why not show a bit of foresight, anticipate this might happen, and reschedule the games a few months ago.