Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Do I feel old - was Glam Rock really 50 years ago!!!
  • Dave Hill was and still is an odd looking fucker.
    Hard to believe he is 76!
    I never did get that fringe haircut although the fringe appears to have receded a bit now!
  • We'll be hearing a lot of Slade in the next few weels, 'It's Chriiiiiiiiistmas'. 
  • Glam Rock , before that both skinheads.
    Get down get with it. 50 years ago bloody hell.

Down at the Black Prince Bexley.where have the years gone.

And he’s still got that stupid hair style 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jim Lea and Don Powell are also both still alive and well. 
    There can't be too many bands from that era where all original members are still with us. The associated lifestyle for some has usually taken its toll of one or two at least. For example, from the same era and genre, three of the original four members of The Sweet have sadly left us. 
  • How does it feel, Everyday, Far Far Away. 

Great songs and underrated in my view 
  • Love Slade. Prefer the upbeat stuff myself: Cum on Fell the Noise, Mama Weer All Crazee Now, Goodbye t Jane and their best track ever, Them Kinda Monkeys Can't Swing. 
  • Noddy had a sensational voice and should have gone solo and turned to the more serious side of rock music with some great session musicians, song writers and playing mammoth venues.
    With that voice and excellent stage presence, he could have and should have had world fame but sadly stuck with pop-rock and Slade’s rather unpleasant but highly successful manager Chas Chandler.
  • edited November 2022
    Noddy had a sensational voice and should have gone solo and turned to the more serious side of rock music with some great session musicians, song writers and playing mammoth venues.
    With that voice and excellent stage presence, he could have and should have had world fame but sadly stuck with pop-rock and Slade’s rather unpleasant but highly successful manager Chas Chandler.

Possibly - but Noddy, I believe, earns royalties of around £1m a year from Merry Xmas Everybody. Not a bad pension!

A 1970s Slade Fans Scrapbook - Slade - Not Slade - New Musical Express - UK  1988

• https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072993/

As a pre-teen I went to Woolwich ABC to see Slade in Flame.
    Still my favourite music drama film. God knows how really good it was, I haven't seen it for the best part of 45 years. 
  • Noddy was apparently wanted by AC/DC when Bon died, but management somehow didn't pass the message on to him... 🤔
  • Do I feel old - was Glam Rock really 50 years ago!!!
    From a concert in April. Suzi Quatro looking as if she might have aged a bit better than Andy Scott (the only survivor of the original line up of The Sweet) and Don Powell (Slade)

May be an image of 3 people and people playing musical instruments
  • Bloody hell (photo above).